No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larry Brown might have done whatever, but everybody knew the Pistons were taking Darko from the night of the lottery
    WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• It don't sound like Carmelo got the memo.

I liked Memo
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Melo could have been one of the all time greatest if he’d come into that team. They could have moulded him into a complete badass
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I don't think anyone molds him, certainly not Larry Brown. It would have been interesting because he was a fully formed player, Darko was probably always going to be a bust but trying to develop players on a contending team is extremely hard. It doesn't work because you need to let the guy go out and make a ton of mistakes.

GS is in a similar position now with three young guys to develop and 4/5 of the lineup of death still there. You saw once Wiseman last year, they immediately became on of the top teams in the league record wise because he was not ready.

Comment

• Its amazing at how wrong just about every single one of your takes are. You might want to stop posting for like...... ever
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I mean we have seen Carmelo in numerous places, he's a good player but he is the same player every place. He gets a little unfairly criticized but at the same time he has been a stubborn player. Thinking that he was going to be molded by the magic of the Pistons is a little rich.

Comment

• But Carmelo certainly would have been better Darko. Good lord was Darko bad and it was quite hilarious to hear so many Piston fans at the time were complimentary of the Emperors new clothes. Back then. Darko was the bad ass, all you had to do was listen to the fans.
                Last edited by froot loops; August 18, 2021, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  I mean we have seen Carmelo in numerous places, he's a good player but he is the same player every place. He gets a little unfairly criticized but at the same time he has been a stubborn player. Thinking that he was going to be molded by the magic of the Pistons is a little rich.
                  That 04 team had an amazing collection of cohesive talent and hard working players. Yes Melo had way more talent than anyone of them but him learning the ropes from Tay, Sheed and Big Ben would have made him a completely different player.

Can you imagine the shit he’d have been in with Sheed or Big Ben for taking defensive plays off. There’s no way bro. He’d have learned how to be a professional in the best environment possible.

In Denver Melo had to be the savior ASAP. In Detroit he could have learned
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

That 04 team had an amazing collection of cohesive talent and hard working players. Yes Melo had way more talent than anyone of them but him learning the ropes from Tay, Sheed and Big Ben would have made him a completely different player.

Can you imagine the shit he’d have been in with Sheed or Big Ben for taking defensive plays off. There’s no way bro. He’d have learned how to be a professional in the best environment possible.

In Denver Melo had to be the savior ASAP. In Detroit he could have learned
                    I would opine that Sheed had every bit as much talent as Melo, and probably more.

Comment

• Melo was more athletic but yeah Sheed was awesome. I still can’t believe Dumars swung that deal to get him
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Rasheed was arguably one of the Top 5 players of his generation in terms of raw talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                          Rasheed was arguably one of the Top 5 players of his generation in terms of raw talent.
                          I love Sheed but I think you might be getting a little carried away with that one. Granted it’s fairly impossible to quantify raw talent

Shaq
                          Kobe
                          Garnett
                          Duncan
                          Iverson
                          Kidd

No way Sheed is in that bunch unless you’re strictly speaking in terms of positional play where Sheed could guard just about anyone. Sheed was amazing for us and he brought more swagger that the team needed to win that championship
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Not really. At his peak, he could quite literally do anything on the court.

He had better range than Garnett and every bit of the post ability, for example.

He was quicker off the ball than Duncan, every bit as good defensively, and again, had MUCH better shooting range.

He had a point guard's vision, a shooting guard's touch, and a power forward's size. There's very, very few players in the league who could say that.

Rasheed's problem is the very same intensity and emotion that made him a nigh unstoppable force when dialed in made him a loose cannon prone to mental lapses and emotional breakdowns. At his peak, he absolutely was one of the best players in the game. When he wasn't, he would forget where he was and leave Robert Horry all alone at the 3-point line... or let his emotions get the better of him and get T'd up twice arguing with a ref, even though he usually had the right of it.

Comment

• There's no doubt. In terms of talent, Sheed was a KG/Duncan hybrid with range. He was just loopy most of the time

Comment

• Some guys are more comfortable being the complementary player and Rasheed was one of them.. He was the most talented unselfish, glue guy there ever was. He may have been loopy and had anger issues towards refs, but the biggest thing holding him back from being a top guy was the massive ego/drive that some of the top players. He was Roscoe,.buying the championship belts for all the boys on the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X