Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

Most NBA cities are not magnets for players unless the city is Miami or LA.
    Most of these guys are young and rich and want nightlife. Detroit sucks badly for that. It’s one of the worst cities on the NBA map for that.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Yeah, you say that but the fact remains the only two constant cities that remain magnets for NBA players are Miami and LA. Those teams are seemingly always in the mix for a top free agent but there are no other places like that in the NBA. The vast majority of free agents go where money and circumstances dictate. Two of the top nightlife cities in the US are NY and Chicago, those teams have generally not been players in free agency.

In regards to night life, Detroit has improved in the last 20 years. I know your vision of the nightclubs is Dort and the Penthouse club.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
        Having talent and being an az are not a lock step equality.

Dude literally is keeping this whole thing going. One statement ok. But this is the 5th time he has said something and it's getting worse. He's trolling and your saying it's cool.

It is not.
        Nowhere did I say its cool, it's understandable. You are another guy trying to impart your 70 years of wisdom on a 19 year kid. You are outraged!

Deion Sanders said the same shit and has repeated it up to this day and he waltzed into the HOF. It doesn't matter, it has no predictive value on of he is going to be an NBA success.

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
          Kids are dumb, the stuff I got from Men on this forum for being critical of Stafford has been more ridiculous then anything Green has said on social media.
          I honestly believe parents don't teach kids anything.
          Most teaching comes from within ones self. Most people have a "want to do good" gene.
          One thing you will never take away from Matthew Stafford is his love for Detroit!

You might have a point on raising the kids, my kids are well behaved and have done well in school. It certainly wasn't my doing!

Comment

• Yeah, thankfully my kids take after my wife. 😅

Comment

• I credit SpongeBob and Scooby Doo

Comment

Yeah, you say that but the fact remains the only two constant cities that remain magnets for NBA players are Miami and LA. Those teams are seemingly always in the mix for a top free agent but there are no other places like that in the NBA. The vast majority of free agents go where money and circumstances dictate. Two of the top nightlife cities in the US are NY and Chicago, those teams have generally not been players in free agency.

In regards to night life, Detroit has improved in the last 20 years. I know your vision of the nightclubs is Dort and the Penthouse club.
                It might have improved but it still sucks. I love Michigan, it’ll always be home but there’s no awesome downtown living area where the places to be are. It’s gotten way way better than the days that you’d drive to a Tigers game then haul ass to the free way.

Yes Miami, LA and NYC are some of the best places in the entire world to party at but there’s a ton of spectacular places to enjoy downtown scenes.

Chicago
                Dallas
                Houston
                Denver
                ATL
                Boston
                Philly
                DC
                Charlotte
                Phoenix

You’re on crack if you think Detroit can hang with any of them regarding nightlife. People left Detroit for 40+ years and it’s a shame. It could have been epic
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Whatever to all this. The one thing that's clear to me is that Cade is much more mature than Jalen Green. If one of them is gonna be a character problem, I'd bet on Green. He and Porter could be incredible, or combustible
                  WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                    Whatever to all this. The one thing that's clear to me is that Cade is much more mature than Jalen Green. If one of them is gonna be a character problem, I'd bet on Green. He and Porter could be incredible, or combustible
                    No doubt. Cade seems like a good kid. I hope to hell he balls out and turns this team into a powerhouse. He's the best prospect we've had since Grant Hill (Of course we could have had Melo or Wade but lets not lose our shit here)
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

It might have improved but it still sucks. I love Michigan, it’ll always be home but there’s no awesome downtown living area where the places to be are. It’s gotten way way better than the days that you’d drive to a Tigers game then haul ass to the free way.

Yes Miami, LA and NYC are some of the best places in the entire world to party at but there’s a ton of spectacular places to enjoy downtown scenes.

Chicago
                      Dallas
                      Houston
                      Denver
                      ATL
                      Boston
                      Philly
                      DC
                      Charlotte
                      Phoenix

You’re on crack if you think Detroit can hang with any of them regarding nightlife. People left Detroit for 40+ years and it’s a shame. It could have been epic
                      You are burning down a strawman. I'm as saying for NBA purposes, only two cities get free agents because of the nightlife, LA and Miami. No other city gets the top notch free agents due to their nightlife no matter how good you think their nightlife is.

Just take a look at the that list and think of how many times those franchises were in the mix for the top free agents. Philly has such a great nightlife as a draw, they decided to tank 5 straight years. A lot of those franchises in your list are NBA backwaters. Make a list of the top high priced free agent signings in their history, it isn't a who's who of the NBA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                        Whatever to all this. The one thing that's clear to me is that Cade is much more mature than Jalen Green. If one of them is gonna be a character problem, I'd bet on Green. He and Porter could be incredible, or combustible
                        Right. Really is making Cade look good. It's funny, 2 guys the same age and one says... things and people are taking up for him like it's a rite of passage. And there's the other guy who is just calm and taking everything organically and maturely.

After this, I am even more proud of my kids. 23 and 18 and have way more maturity then that guy.

And all you guys thinking you had nothing to do with it, I will leave you with his: studies show people are 70% more likely to be successful when the Father stays involved in the kid's life. You guys have had more of an effect then you know and for a guy who kids have to live with your kids, I say thank you to each and every one of you.
                        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

You are burning down a strawman. I'm as saying for NBA purposes, only two cities get free agents because of the nightlife, LA and Miami. No other city gets the top notch free agents due to their nightlife no matter how good you think their nightlife is.

Just take a look at the that list and think of how many times those franchises were in the mix for the top free agents. Philly has such a great nightlife as a draw, they decided to tank 5 straight years. A lot of those franchises in your list are NBA backwaters. Make a list of the top high priced free agent signings in their history, it isn't a who's who of the NBA.
                          My only takeaway was that you said I was right

F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Film Room: How the Pistons can make the most of Luka Garza's 3-point shot

By Jay Markle on Aug 12, 2021, 10:34am EDT 37
                              __________________________________________________ ______________________________

The young man looks better and better every day. Him and Saban work really well together.

Side Note: I did not know Saban is Amp Lee's kid. I thought Amp Lee was going to be really good.
                              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Carmelo says Pistons – and Larry Brown – promised to draft him: 'That sh*t still sits with me'

Comment

Working...
                                X