No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cade had the POD when he got Green to reach. He dribbled it behind his back and pulled a 3 in his face. Cade made most of his points with Green trying to check him. Green made most of his points when someone else was guarding him.

Green did lul Cade to sleep on his last shot though. With KJ Martin (HOU) backing down low, Green feigned setting up in the post opposite. As soon as Cade turned to check ball, Green sneaked out to the 3 line. Martin tossed it and Green hit it. Big Woop

All in all, I am very pleased we picked Cade over Green. Green doesn't have no where near the load to carry as Cade does. With Stewart and Livers hurt they are at a disadvantage.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Sekou is only 20 and he started playing basketball at a late age. For comparison, Cade Cunningham is only 16 months younger than him.

He might dim, but he's also young and does not have the same experience that most of these other players had. Even though he played in the pro leagues early, he was a bench player.

Comment

• I still hope it happens, but he is a rough watch.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Jalen Green shows Pistons, NBA why he's 'sorry' for them in duel with Cade Cunningham

Yeah right MF. If the two had been switched HOU would have won in a route. There's no way he is anywhere close. Green didn't do shit but hit 1 shot (his last) while being guarded by Cade. The media sux.

Comment

• He wasn't the only meaningful young contributor for the Rockets in the winning effort, however, with fellow rookies Alperen Sengun (21 points, eight rebounds, four blocks) and Josh Christopher (15 points, seven assists) both chipping in with nice games. All three first-year first-rounders have impressed in the Rockets' two summer league games, with Green leading the team in scoring both times.
            Yeah, sure. Green showed em.
            dave chappelle slap GIF

Comment

• Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I'm glad we got the guy who plays defense too.

This game is a lot different (and Cade's assists total) if his teammates hit some more shots.
                  Last edited by Futureshock; August 11, 2021, 10:10 AM.

Comment

• Cade made him look silly with that behind the back then stuck the 3 in his face but that steal and body him up was fantastic
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Still Green is no slouch
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Ya, Cade has such a grab bag of moves with a legit handle already. That behind the back 3 was just a great NBA move.

That steal and strong take vs. Green is what he does all the time. You just need to let him have the ball. We looked way better when he was bringing the ball up rather than him standing in the corner.

Comment

• Cunningham and Green will be fun to watch this year. Green will def be playing with a chip to win ROY
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                            I still hope it happens, but he is a rough watch.
                            Sekou was the one Piston hurt the most with the pandemic. No summer league. No G-League team after the Drive opted out. The plan was for him to play an absolute ton with the Drive. That will happen this year and he will be able to practice against the Pistons when they are in town. I expect there to be massive amount of progression this year for Sekou.
                            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I think Futureshock is being unfair calling him dim, FS wants Sekou to have the same instinctual knowledge as FS does. He forgets that Sekou has been around the game 6 years while FS has been around basketball for well over 60 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                I think Futureshock is being unfair calling him dim, FS wants Sekou to have the same instinctual knowledge as FS does. He forgets that Sekou has been around the game 6 years while FS has been around basketball for well over 60 years.
                                Yeah, while in my Dad's sak? Sure

And I could be being too harsh on the guy. I certainly hope so. So how much longer is he going to be on this rookie contract? Would they have to give him big bucks (relatively) to keep him?
                                Last edited by Futureshock; August 12, 2021, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X