No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't get how anyone can reach this level as a guard and have a weak offhand. If this was 1994, I can see it, but nowadays any guard with any talent should be able to use their offhand as well as their dominant hand by high school.

Comment

• If Killian doesn’t work, time to tank for Jaden Ivey.

Truly wonder how NBA history would change if the Warriors hired their guy in SVG instead of Steve Kerr. Crazy.
      Perhaps more rings for LeBron in Cleveland.

F2F60CC1-BF82-40CC-AC0F-0C41AFE40976.jpeg
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post

We didn't draft Cade #1 for him to stand around in a corner while Hayes dribbles around like a guy whose button got stuck on a Playstation controller.
        Ha! That’s hilarious
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
          See, for me, it's just that Haliburton is better hehe
          Dave Chappelle Playa Haters Ball GIF
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• We'll see. The kid is starting the roughest way he could but if he makes it he'll be a killer.
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Cade vs. Jalen tonight. My guess is Jalen will look better then Cade. Most of this isnothing new for Green as he played pro last year and Cade is out there bug eyed and deferring to scrubs just because they were in the NBA before. As soon as he realizes he's better then most players on his team (and most players period) he will be dominating.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                I don't hate Hayes at all. I want him to do well because I'm a Pistons fan. I just don't see him as an NBA player. He literally can't dribble with his right and he can't shoot. Those things are pretty important for a PG. You saw yesterdays plays where Cade just stood in the corner and Killian was dribbling around and doing weird moves against shadows. He can't go right, so he does all these spin moves and weird moves. I don't know how to even describe it.

We didn't draft Cade #1 for him to stand around in a corner while Hayes dribbles around like a guy whose button got stuck on a Playstation controller.
                When real games are being played I think Hayes should be bringing the ball up and giving it up to Cade. That way Cade isn't wasting energy bringing the ball up court.

IMHO they should take some things off his table. He was more tired then he gave off at the end of that sl game. His shots were coming up short at the end.

Cade isn't a full-time NBA pg IMO.

Comment

• The Pistons re-signed Frank Jackson. He was a pleasant surprise last season.

Comment

• He’s way better than Hayes
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      The Pistons re-signed Frank Jackson. He was a pleasant surprise last season.
                      How much did the head band get?

Comment

• Jad has joined the Hate Hayes bandwagon that TheKing is driving.

Comment

• I might be close to joining them, but will wait to see what Hayes looks like in the regular season.

Hayes disappointing again. Not good when your backcourt has more turnovers than assists (two games in a row) and can’t get to the free throw line. No free throws attempts for Cade in two games.
                          No surprise that the Cook/ Garza defensive combo would make Sangun look like the next Jokic.

Overall through two games … feel neutral about Cade, Lee, Garza, and Bey. Disappointed in Doumbouya and Hayes.
                          Summer League has been a downer
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Hayes isn't that bad. Especially when he decides to be more aggressive. He looked okay when he was aggressive. He has a nice jump shot and he even went right a few times. Progress. But he has to keep working on it and shooting from the 3 line.

I'm not looking for finished products in the summer league. I need to see Progression.

That's what I like about Headband Jackson. He's ultra aggressive.

The team is at a distinct disadvantage because they are defensively inept. Especially in the middle and more importantly shot blocking. I think Weaver could have selected J Simms where he picked Garza and picked Garza where he picked the other stiff. I really hope the plan isn't for Stewart to do ALL this in the real games. Because there isn't any help coming from the guys on this summer team.

With a few minutes left in the game, Cade and HAYES, led the team back to within 5 points. They substituted Cook back in the game and the lead ballooned to 15 within a minute. That guy is a negative. I can not believe he has even a summer position.

Garza looked better. he still is dysfunctionally slow, but he played well and was the only presence down low offensively.

Yet with no shot blocker(s) to be feared, the Rockets attacked the paint and forced open shots on the perimeter. They did a much better job of knocking down those shots.

I wouldn't look for this team to play any more then the 5 games that are already scheduled.

Sekou continues to look like he doesn't know wtf he's doing or where he should be. I don't get it. 3 years in the league and defensively he is out there with blinders on. Is it poor coaching or is he just dim?
                            Last edited by Futureshock; August 11, 2021, 08:13 AM.

Comment

• Sekou is a g league player that will never live up to his potential. Bey, Stewart and Cade are where it’s at.

F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• And Hayes

Comment

Working...
                                X