No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next summer will be something like $55-60. I think they are targeting two MAX guys. Beal/LaVine is my dream.

Comment

• I don't think they have a chance at Beal.

Comment

• I like the Livers pick a lot. He’s a 10 year pro. Big body and knockdown shooter.

Garza is garbage. I was dumbfounded after watching him live just how highly rated he was. He’s a total stiff. He literally moves in slow motion. He just sucks.

Comment

• Livers!!!! Love to see that.

Garza.
          A defensive liability. On the plus side, one of the best scorers around the paint that I can recall in recent college basketball history. Think he developed a jump shot too.
          Should make the summer league games entertaining. 🤣

Balsa.
          Tall white guy that came off the bench at FSU? That’s all I got about him….

Sign Chaundee Brown as an UDFA and I’ll absolutely love this from an entertainment perspective.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
            I like the Livers pick a lot. He’s a 10 year pro. Big body and knockdown shooter.

Garza is garbage. I was dumbfounded after watching him live just how highly rated he was. He’s a total stiff. He literally moves in slow motion. He just sucks.
            Garza is a 2nd round pick not someone we reached for in the lottery. I like the kids offensive game and he’s a worker. If nothing else our G League squad will be really high character guys.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Garza defines stiff. I think it took me 1 min to see how much he sucks. He won’t translate at all. He simply can’t play in the NBA.

The smooth move was Weaver ditching that Plumlee contract. We’re a major player next summer. We can land two MAX guys.

Since this superteam shit started, none of these teams have been built around rookie deals. We can offer that. Usually three max deals come in and the roster gets napalmed.

We’re in position to sign Beal/LaVine and build from within. Cap space is very valuable and we will have something like $55-60 million next summer. We pretty much can dictate FA.

Comment

• Take on shitty deals for picks, outright just sign guys, offer huge offer sheets to RFA. Get involved in 3 way deals.

The best teams in the league are always capped out. We can dictate next summer.

Comment

• “If nothing else our G League squad will be really high character guys.”

Ya, the G League guys went #2 and #7 this year. Who knew playing with NBA vets and getting aired on ESPN2 would allow that to happen?

Comment

• The steal of the draft was Moody at #14. 6’6” with huge wingspan. He’s at worst a 3/D guy, but has legit star potential. Gets to the line. Had an awful tourney, so he dropped. That dude will be an awesome pro. He just won’t fail and maybe he gets you 20 PPG one day.

That dude is a pro player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                      My final Pistons/ wishful thinking/ so biased mock:
                      1. Cade
                      2A. Todd
                      2B. Livers
                      2C. Traded for Jarrett Culver
                      UDFA #1. Chaundee Brown
                      Damn bro. Nice predictions
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                        Livers!!!! Love to see that.

Garza.
                        A defensive liability. On the plus side, one of the best scorers around the paint that I can recall in recent college basketball history. Think he developed a jump shot too.
                        Should make the summer league games entertaining. 🤣

Balsa.
                        Tall white guy that came off the bench at FSU? That’s all I got about him….

Sign Chaundee Brown as an UDFA and I’ll absolutely love this from an entertainment perspective.
                        As much as I follow NBA (I don't - just watch some games at work) - they don't give a flying fuck about "scoring in the paint". Only points you routinely see scored "in the paint" are uncontested dunks, and a few contested ones that make Sports Center. Scoring in the paint means you are scoring 2 and the opponent is scoring 3. Over time, that is a losing proposition - unless you can actually play some defense. This is a game of penetrate and kick - and take it if they let you penetrate unmolested (dunk/layup).

Comment

• Big Livers guy here, too. Elite shooting at every level. 6’7” 225. Smart guy, plays defense, and has been in big moments. He’s a 10 year vet in the L.

He’s a switchable defender who can hit open shots. He won’t be a star, but I think there’s no doubt he’s in an NBA rotation. His game just translates. He’s a plug and play 3/D guy.

Comment

• It’s cool that they move Plumlees contract but I’d have really liked the Pistons to have kept Thor. That kid is really young and could turn into something.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I have less confidence that all the cap space will get the Pistons two max guys this summer. Most of the time the best guys get extended or the agents start working the back channels to the teams they want to go to and that team figures how to open up space to get the guy.

Very rarely is there a situation where the amount of cap space available by team determines where the best free agents go in any off-season. That was how it went down 20 years ago, but it really hasn't been like that for a long time.

Cap space alone won't entice a couple of players to come the Pistons, but if Cunningham good out of the shoot and the 4 rookies progress so they are a playoff team then you might have a couple of players that decide they want to team up to go to the Detroit.

Comment

• Garza is a total longshot to do much, but he did shoot 44 percent from three in his final year. That was an outlier from his normal production. You never know who can make it, in the Finals, Ayton got in foul trouble in two games and in one game the Sun's were relying on Frankie K Into guarding Giannis and he did a serviceable job.

Comment

Working...
                                X