Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    And the point about Lilliard getting switched into Gobert is the problem you face when going small and specifically when you have Lilliard as your second best player. Lilliard is a great offensive player but he can be exposed defensively.

When to switch, when to go under or over is things that take lots and lots of practice time. It's not like Pop can bark a few commands in the huddle and everything will be straight defensively.
    I'm not switching that. Not EVERY freaking time. It doesn't take all that much time. It doesn't. These guys do this over 200 times a year. If a coach says we're just going to zone the roll and fall back to your man... they can do it on the spot. This ain't football. This isn't anything they haven't done before. They just need the proper instruction.

IF they can beat us from contested 3s then congrats to them. But they ain't getting that switch that compromises my players and foul situation from me. They obviously would not have won that way because they shot worse then the US from deep. But one team's coach was smart enough to know when to take higher percentage shots since they had a better fg%.

Every team they play that has a half decent coach and players will run the same thing. They better figure it out before they can only hope to get a medal.

It's ok to be wrong Loops.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• They won the game with two threes, I'm not wrong about that. If you go cold, you will lose. You are trying to make some grand narrative about a ho-hum loss about post play and how it is much better than shooting threes even though France won then the game with those threes.

Comment

• Maybe Team USA would play better if they didn't snub Zion, Morant, and Trae Young.
        Not sure how Keldon Johnson, Grant, and McGee made the roster over them. ... or Kevin Love before he backed out.

Going to have to offer significantly more, Sam Presti!

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Are we sure team USA snubbed them or they declined it through back channels?

Comment

• SGA is enticing but not enough.

Comment

• Oh shit!

I wouldn’t accept that offer but OKC has 18 1st round picks over the next 7 years. They couldn’t use all of those draft picks if they wanted to. This could very well end up being a H Walker type offer.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I’d still keep the #1 but if they offered that 6th pick and SGA and 4 more of those picks I’d do it
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Forget what I said, I just went through the encyclopedia of rules and protections and this can turn in a 2nd rounder, top 4 protected etc.

Draft Cade or trade to #2 if they think Green or Mobley is the guy and get extra first rounders. I’d prefer Cade by FAR as I think we have a great nucleus of young players and we’re coming up on a decent amount of FA money if we play our cards right. If Cade is a franchise player then he can attract the FA’s.

Draft Cade. Win games. Bro down
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• A little less than 2 1/2 days until the suspense is over, and hopefully, Cade is drafted #1 overall by Detroit.
                    "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                    My friend Ken L

Comment

• NBA -> QUALITY>>>>>>>quanity

No way I'm trading out. You just end up with a bunch of Meh. Meh don't win in the NBA. SUPERSTARS do.

Get the Superstar and move on.

Weaver has a good eye for talent. Fill the bench in from all those picks we have in the second round. Do we need a bench of 1st rounders?
                      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                        NBA -> QUALITY>>>>>>>quanity

No way I'm trading out. You just end up with a bunch of Meh. Meh don't win in the NBA. SUPERSTARS do.

Get the Superstar and move on.

Weaver has a good eye for talent. Fill the bench in from all those picks we have in the second round. Do we need a bench of 1st rounders?
                        Eh... kinda?

Yeah, if you think [x] is a sure-fire superstar and is head and shoulders above everyone else, you're right.

If not, then the better part of valor is to have as many tickets as you can. Every draft is still a crapshoot. If your guy flops, it behooves you to have as many draws as possible to make sure you get the guy you need.

Comment

• I believe he is head and shoulders better then anyone else. The only guy close is Mobley. But everyone gets dazzled by Green's dunks. That's cute but give me the guy that can do almost anything on the floor AND run the show as needed.

I think the Pistons FO is playing games , shaking the trees to see what is out there.

Cade will be the guy!

Comment

• My guess is that Weaver has two or three names that he considers all in the same ballpark in terms of potential, and if he gets an absolute staggering offer that lets him land one of them, he'll pull the trigger. Absent of that, all the signs are pointing to Cade, which is exactly how he should be approaching it.

Comment

• SGA extension and 6th pick at rookie scale is like $40 million per. Cade makes $10 next year.

So you’re talking $30 million in cap room that we suck up if we make this deal.

Nope. Not gonna be able to do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                                SGA extension and 6th pick at rookie scale is like $40 million per. Cade makes $10 next year.

So you’re talking $30 million in cap room that we suck up if we make this deal.

Nope. Not gonna be able to do it.
                                Given all of OKC’s picks, what if they’re able to move up from 6 to say, #3 (without giving up SGA in the process)? They offer something to the effect of SGA and #3 for #1 (with ancillary stuff included both ways). So the Pistons wind up with SGA and Mobley. Do you do that deal?

Comment

Working...
                                X