No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did see a facebook entry for Bill in early September but he has not responded to my PM's or emails.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Not good.
      GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Thought for today: And why did I want to go back to school so soon? Starting at mid quarter and I don't know if I like that. Have to do double the work each week to get everything done. Second day into it and yet I am stuck writing all of these papers already. No easing into anything anymore.
        My window of opportunity is expanding.....

Comment

• The tempo will prepare you for being a great supervisor with the ability to hit deadlines.

I have a niece that worked for me while in HS.

There were a lot of variables involved for her to do the job correctly as well as always a deadline.

She struggled at first but, I coached her on how to reduce the variables and meet the deadlines.

She was given a management position 2 years after graduating with her RN degree because of her ability to pay attention to detail and remove variables to meet deadlines.

Trust me this is good training although, not fun.

You will do well, excel and become someone that all of your peers look up to.

Those of us who know you, already do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
            The tempo will prepare you for being a great supervisor with the ability to hit deadlines.

I have a niece that worked for me while in HS.

There were a lot of variables involved for her to do the job correctly as well as always a deadline.

She struggled at first but, I coached her on how to reduce the variables and meet the deadlines.

She was given a management position 2 years after graduating with her RN degree because of her ability to pay attention to detail and remove variables to meet deadlines.

Trust me this is good training although, not fun.

You will do well, excel and become someone that all of your peers look up to.

Those of us who know you, already do.
            Are you trying to make me shed a tear or two here from what you said, or are you putting more pressure on me? They both worked. Thanks for the words of encouragement. Maybe this is one of the reasons that I do so good and want to keep it up, so that I don't let any of you down.

Comment

• You go girl.
              GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                You go girl.
                +1 Go AE!
                2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• 2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeleyes View Post
                    Are you trying to make me shed a tear or two here from what you said, or are you putting more pressure on me? They both worked. Thanks for the words of encouragement. Maybe this is one of the reasons that I do so good and want to keep it up, so that I don't let any of you down.
                    Not trying to put on pressure at all. Just helping you understand that what appears to be difficult and unreasonable now, only brings out the leadership later because of the experience.

The learning process puts the pressure on. The ability to accept the challenge and tackle it, creates a leader.

You have all the makings of a great leader.

Comment

• 2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                        Not trying to put on pressure at all. Just helping you understand that what appears to be difficult and unreasonable now, only brings out the leadership later because of the experience.

The learning process puts the pressure on. The ability to accept the challenge and tackle it, creates a leader.

You have all the makings of a great leader.
                        I was kidding around about the pressure thing. But I understand you 100% here. I do accept a challenge, and a few of these classes will be challenging for me, but why should I let that hold me back from going for one of my dreams / goals.

Most of the time I am too hard on myself with my work and wanting to only get A's. It has worked though with making all of the High Honors and Dean's list with my last degree. Now I want to keep that up with this higher degree, but know matter what happens, I will do my best and that is that.

Example: We have a discussion in each class every week about what we are reading or on a different topic. Other students are writing theirs about 5-8 sentences long, and some not even answering the questions that need to be. Then by time I get my discussion typed up, I end up having between 1/2 to 3/4 or so page. In my Medical Law & Ethics right now, there was 2 of us that did the discussion on the same story. Mine, I have 3 replies to already all stating good post, good job, I loved reading this. But the other student has the same story, summed it up in about 3-4 sentences, and not even 1 reply.

I guess that if you take the extra time to go that extra mile, it shows and in the end, it pays off.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                          You go girl.
                          Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                          +1 Go AE!

Thanks guys! Even these types of encouragements help someone get through the tough times, and I do appreciate them. (I only have 2 more years to go)

Comment

• That Japanese hornet with "The Strategy Expert" attached is feckin hilarious.
                            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• I don't know which thread Bimmers pics are in for all of his squirrels. I saw this one tonight and thought that I would share.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• lol Angeleyes. Another keeper.

It is traditional to post a squirrel pic in any thread. That is referred to as "squirrel-jacking" the thread and typically results in a random discussion about squirrels that lasts until someone with common sense calls a halt to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X