Tracking former Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me too.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• It's official... Good luck young man. Unless you're playing us

Lions, Falcons announce Jeff Okudah trade

Posted by Myles Simmons on April 13, 2023, 10:22 AM EDT

Getty Images

A trade that was reported earlier this week is now official.

The Lions and Falcons both announced on Thursday morning that the deal to send cornerback Jeff Okudah to Atlanta in exchange for a fifth-round pick in the 2023 draft is complete.

The No. 3 overall pick of the 2020 draft, Okudah dealt with significant injuries in his first and second seasons, playing only 10 games between 2020 and 2021. He was healthy in 2022, starting 15 games 69.8 percent of the club’s defensive snaps. He finished the year with 73 total tackles, seven passes defensed, an interception, and a forced fumble.

With Detroit adding Cameron Sutton, Emmanuel Mosely, and Mac McCain at cornerback, Okudah now gets a fresh start with the Falcons.

Atlanta will have to decide whether or not to pick up Okudah’s fifth-year option, though at this point it appears unlikely that the club will do so.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
        It's official... Good luck young man. Unless you're playing us​
        If that's the case, break a leg.
        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Nah, more like being burnt by Jason Cabinda in the Falcons at Lions 2023 game.

I will be rooting for Okudah to do well outside of that game.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Suhhhhhhhhh.

Sign me up. I miss him and his cheap shots.

Comment

• Cardinals try out QB Jeff Driskel

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 13, 2023, 4:44 PM EDT

Getty Images

With only two healthy quarterbacks currently on the roster, the Cardinals are likely to bring in another one this offseason, and they tried one out today.

The Cardinals tried out quarterback Jeff Driskel, according to Field Yates of ESPN.

The 29-year-old Driskel has spent time with the 49ers, Bengals, Lions, Broncos and Texans in his NFL career. He has started 10 games in his NFL career, ioncluding one for the Texans last year, and his teams are 1-9 in those 10 games.

The Cardinals also hosted former Raiders offensive lineman Jackson Barton on a free agent visit.

Comment

• Jauan Jennings signs tender; 49ers announce Chris Conley, Kerry Hyder signed

Posted by Charean Williams on April 17, 2023, 4:46 PM EDT

Getty Images

The 49ers announced receiver Jauan Jennings has signed his exclusive rights tender.

The team made Jennings a seventh-round pick in 2020, and he returned to the practice squad after failing to make the roster out of training camp. He made his first regular-season appearance in 2021 and has appeared in 38 games over the past two seasons.

Jennings has 59 catches for 698 yards and six touchdowns in the regular season and 10 catches for 110 yards in the postseason.

The 49ers also announced the signing of free agent receiver Chris Conley a few minutes after it was reported he had agreed to terms. Conley has 217 career catches for 2,853 yards and 15 touchdowns.

In addition, they made official the re-signing of defensive lineman Kerry Hyder Jr. Hyder rejoined the 49ers on a one-year contract last season, and he totaled only one sack in 16 games while playing 36 percent of the team’s defensive snaps.

Comment

• We might have seen the peak of the Howie Roseman/ Nick Sirianni/ Jalen Hurts Eagles era in 2022:

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Senior defensive assistant. Ha!

Fuck that fucking fuck
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Poor Slay.
                      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• How does Patricia even approach Slay now?

Comment

• Like the same arrogant shameless fat phuck that he has always been.
                          Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Jets release Ty Johnson

Posted by Myles Simmons on April 26, 2023, 5:13 PM EDT

Getty Images

The Jets have moved on from one of their running backs.

New York has released Ty Johnson with a non-football injury designation, per the transaction wire.

Johnson appeared in all 17 games for the Jets last year, recording 248 yards from scrimmage. He took 30 carries for 160 yards with a touchdown and caught 12 passes for 88 yards.

In all, Johnson was on the field for 16 percent of New York’s offensive snaps and 42 percent of special teams snaps.

A Lions sixth-round pick in 2019, Johnson has appeared in 62 games with six starts for Detroit and New York. he’s recorded 925 yards rushing and 86 catches for 668 yards with seven total TDs.

Comment

• Raiders waive Jalen Elliott, Sebastian Gutierrez

Posted by Josh Alper on May 1, 2023, 5:16 PM EDT

Getty Images

The Raiders have a bunch of incoming rookies and they opened up a couple of spots on their 90-man roster to make room for them on Monday.

The team announced that they have waived safety Jalen Elliott and tackle Sebastian Gutierrez.

Elliott signed to the practice squad in Las Vegas last November. He made his regular season debut with the Lions in 2021 and appeared in eight games, but got cut last May as the Lions made room for that year’s rookie crop.

The Raiders drafted former Georgia safety Christopher Smith in the fifth round.

Gutierrez appeared in one game last season. The Raiders did not pick any offensive linemen during the draft.

Comment

• Report: Jeff Okudah ineligible for fifth-year option after trade to Falcons

Posted by Myles Simmons on May 1, 2023, 10:03 AM EDT

Getty Images

With teams making their final decision on fifth-year options for 2020 first-round picks before Tuesday’s deadline, one of the first few players off the board that year no longer has it on the table.

According to NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport, cornerback Jeff Okudah‘s contract was adjusted when he was traded from the Lions to the Falcons last month. Detroit agreed to pay $1.5 million of his 2023 salary to facilitate the deal. Once that happened, Okudah was ineligible for the fifth-year option.

So, Okudah is set to become a free agent after the 2023 season. He’s slated to make $3.682 million with the Falcons this season.

Even if Okudah’s option was still on the table, it’s unlikely the Falcons would have exercised it. Okudah was sidelined due to injury for much of his first two seasons. But he started 15 games and played 69.8 percent of the club’s defensive snaps in 2022. He finished the year with 73 total tackles, seven passes defensed, an interception, and a forced fumble.

The Falcons announced late last week that they had picked up cornerback A.J. Terrell’s fifth-year option.

Comment

Working...
                                X