Tracking former Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driskel seemed OK for the Lions at times
    WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Driskel has accuracy issues but can run a little. He's an OK backup but probably debatable whether he's better than Blough or Boyle. Marginal difference probably either way.

As for Fulgham I think calling his season a breakout year is a bit off. More like he had one great game 10 for 153 and a TD. Was either slightly above average or garbage in every other game he started. Should still make a roster somewhere though I'd imagine. Does have potential.

Comment

• Quandre Diggs expecting to return to practice soon, taking care of business with Seahawks

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on August 31, 2021, 11:45 PM EDT

Getty Images

Seahawks safety Quandre Diggs didn’t practice for the team last week ahead of their final preseason game with the Los Angeles Chargers.

But Diggs doesn’t expect to be standing by for much longer. After head coach Pete Carroll explained that Diggs was “making a bit of a statement” about his contract as he enters the final year of his deal with the team, Diggs said that wasn’t quite the right way to describe the matter. However, he did note there is some business between the two sides that needs to get cleared up first.

“As soon as this little business thing that I gotta do, as soon as it’s done — signed, sealed, delivered — I’ll be back at practice,” Diggs said on Tuesday.

Diggs specifically said he wouldn’t refer to his sitting out as a “hold-in” circumstance. That phrase may be more aptly applied to left tackle Duane Brown, who hasn’t participated in any practices in camp with the team as he seeks a reworked contract with the team.

Via Adam Jude of the Seattle Times, Diggs is seeking an insurance policy to ensure he’s protected in case of injury in the final year of his existing deal with the team.

Diggs said he spoke with Carroll about where he was coming from on the matter.

“I think it should be cleared up pretty soon,” Diggs said. “Me and my team are handling that. At the end of the day, I’m grateful to be a Seahawk and I’m going to be here. I think I’ll be out there ready to play the first game of the season. … I plan on being at practice with my teammates. You guys have been around me enough to understand that I love ball. I’m gonna play ball. Just like the organization take care of their self, I’m taking care of my business and I’ll be back shortly.”

Diggs sent out a tweet Tuesday night that may even indicate the point of business has been concluded.

Grateful is an understatement. Year 7,” Diggs wrote.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Another one bites the dust...

AMEER ABDULLAHRB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
          Vikings released Ameer Abdullah.

Abdullah may ultimately end up re-signing with the Vikings once the team sends Kene Nwangwu to IR, following final cuts. His release signals that Alexander Mattison, who has been dealing with an unspecified injury, is likely good to go for the season. If Abdullah isn't brought back it would also enhance Mattison's value, were Dalvin Cook to miss any time. The Vikings also waived/released LS Andrew DePaola, G Dakota Dozier, DE Everson Griffen, CB Tye Smith, T Zack Bailey, FB Jake Bargas, LB Tuf Borland, QB Jake Browning, TE Zach Davidson, S Myles Dorn, G Kyle Hinton, DE Hercules Mata'afa, WR Myron Mitchell, CB Parry Nickerson, WR Whop Philyor, RB A.J. Rose, Jr., DE Kenny Willekes, TE Shane Zylstra, WR Chad Beebe, S Luther Kirk, G Dru Samia and QB Nate Stanley.
          ... See More
          RELATED:Aug 31, 2021, 7:41 PM
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• EVERSON GRIFFENDL, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
            Vikings released DE Everson Griffen.

Griffen, 33, spent a decade with the Vikings before signing with Dallas in 2020. He was then traded to the Lions, who did not keep the veteran. He reunited with the Vikings a week ago and was fully expected to have a rotational role in one of the league's worst defensive lines. It's unclear whether there's a market for Griffen.

RELATED:
            SOURCE: Chris Tomasson on Twitter
            Aug 31, 2021, 5:55 PM

Comment

• journey of course GIF
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Former Lions’ CB Mike Ford claimed off waiver by Denver Broncos

By Erik Schlitt

Comment

• Report: Chicago Bears sign former Lions WR Breshad Perriman

By Jeremy Reisman

Comment

• Was Perriman in Django?

samuel+l+jackson+django.png

Comment

• Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post
                      Was Perriman in Django?

samuel+l+jackson+django.png

Comment

• RIP Mr. Souders. Half his life the Lions were a great team...

Former Lions standout Cecil Souders dies at 100

Posted by Charean Williams on September 1, 2021, 8:41 PM EDT

USA TODAY Sports

Cecil “Cy” Souders was the NFL’s oldest living NFL alum until his death Monday at his home in Hilliard, Ohio. He was 100.

Tony Paul of The Detroit News reports Souders still was watching college football and breaking down plays into his 90s.

Souders played for the Lions from 1947-49, retiring because the NFL didn’t pay well enough to support his family, Souders’ wife, Jean, told Paul in 2019.

Souders was a star end and tackle at Ohio State, earning induction into the school’s athletics Hall of Fame, before Washington drafted him in the 25th round in 1945. His only career action came with the Lions.

He caught 15 passes for 184 yards and his only career touchdown in his first season with Detroit. Souders added two catches for 19 yards in 1948.

Souders is survived by wife Jean, daughter Sharon and grandson Randall Cohen.

Comment

• Eagles sign Jordan Howard, Travis Fulgham to practice squad

Posted by Charean Williams on September 1, 2021, 4:07 PM EDT

Getty Images

Running back Jordan Howard and receiver Travis Fulgham were among the players the Eagles signed to their practice squad Wednesday.

The team cut both players this week.

Fulgham played 13 games for the Eagles last season with eight starts. He caught 38 passes for 539 yards and four touchdowns.

The Eagles chose to keep DeVonta Smith, Jalen Reagor, Quez Watkins, Greg Ward and J.J. Arcega-Whiteside in their receivers room on their initial 53-player roster.

Fulgham entered the NFL as a sixth-round choice of the Lions in 2019. The Eagles claimed him off waivers last season, and he spent the first month on the practice squad before the Eagles activated him Oct. 3.

Howard appeared in 12 games with five starts for the Eagles over the past two seasons. He has 126 carries for 552 yards and six touchdowns in his time in Philadelphia.

The Eagles also signed running back Jason Huntley, receiver John Hightower, offensive guard Sua Opeta, offensive tackle Le'Raven Clark, offensive lineman Kayode Awosika, offensive lineman Ross Pierschbacher, defensive end Matt Leo (International Player Pathway Program), defensive tackle Raequan Williams, linebacker JaCoby Stevens, cornerback Michael Jacquet, cornerback Craig James, safety Grayland Arnold and safety Elijah Riley to their practice squad.

Comment

• Kenny Golladay excited about Giants offense, but thinks they might be slow to get going

Posted by Josh Alper on September 2, 2021, 3:57 PM EDT

USA TODAY Sports

Wide receiver Kenny Golladay practiced for the second straight day on Thursday as he works his way back from the hamstring injury that kept him off the field for most of training camp and all three preseason games.

That injury has limited the amount of time Golladay has had to work with Daniel Jones and it has been one of many that have interfered with the offensive chemistry this summer. Darius Slayton, Kadarius Toney, and John Ross — who is now on injured reserve — also missed time at wideout, Saquon Barkley has been eased into practice after tearing his ACL, and tight ends Evan Engram and Kyle Rudolph have also dealt with injuries.

Golladay sees a lot of potential in the group, but acknowledged on Thursday that having so little time to work together in camp could lead to a rocky start to the season for the unit.

“When I look in the huddle and see all those guys, I’m excited. But guys have been in and out of the lineup. We might be a little slow to get off,” Golladay said, via Ralph Vacchiano of SNY.

There’s been no secret around the Giants that this is a big year for quarterback Daniel Jones. It hasn’t been an ideal camp between the injuries and shaky offensive line play, but the expectations remain the same regardless of the hurdles the team will have to clear in the early part of the year.

Comment

• Duane Brown, Quandre Diggs return to practice

Posted by Charean Williams on September 6, 2021, 7:26 PM EDT

Getty Images

Left tackle Duane Brown returned to practice Monday, ending his hold-in. Brown did not participate in on-field team work since the start of training camp in July.

“Yeah, he’s ready to go. He’s ready to go,” Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said after practice, via Curtis Crabtree of PFT and Sports Radio KJR. “We’re pleased to have him. All in all, the camp that he was able to put forth — he did all the learning. He’s really healthy. He’s really healthy right now. I’m really thrilled about that for him. It’s one of the things we realized about the process of it that we would not wear him down at all during camp, like any player. So he’s got fresh legs coming. He wants to play tight end. We probably won’t get that chance, but he’s asking.”

Carroll said Brown would play against the Colts on Sunday.

Brown, 36, has been unhappy with his contract. Jeremy Fowler of ESPN reports Brown’s representation and the Seahawks have engaged in discussions about an adjustment to Brown’s deal for this year. Brown is scheduled to make $10 million in base salary in the final year of the deal.

“We’re really ready to play football right now,” Carroll said when asked about whether the team was in talks with Brown’s agent. “That’s where we are. Everything that needed to be taken care of is taken care of. Away we go.”

Seahawks safety Quandre Diggs ended his brief hold-in Monday. He didn’t practice for the team ahead of the final preseason game as he made a statement about his contract.

Comment

• Report: Saints signing Desmond Trufant

Posted by Charean Williams on September 6, 2021, 6:49 PM EDT

Getty Images

The Saints have only three cornerbacks on their 53-player roster. Thus, the reason for their search for help at the position.

They worked out Desmond Trufant on Monday, and he is expected to sign, Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports. Trufant will join Marshon Lattimore, Ken Crawley and Paulson Adebo at the position.

The Bears released Trufant on Aug. 31.

He left the Bears on Aug. 13 to be with his father, who died Aug. 15, and did not return before being cut. Trufant is guaranteed $3.5 million from the Lions after signing a two-year deal with them in 2020.

Trufant, who turns 31 on Friday, played his first seven seasons in Atlanta. He appeared in six games with the Lions last season.

In his career, Trufant has totaled 349 tackles, six sacks, 14 interceptions, 83 pass breakups and three forced fumbles.

Comment

Working...
                                X