X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sean McVay: A’Shawn Robinson is on track to play in Week One

Posted by Myles Simmons on September 6, 2021, 5:10 PM EDT

USA TODAY Sports

Rams head coach Sean McVay had good news on the injury front after Monday’s practice.

Per multiple reporters, McVay said that defensive lineman A'Shawn Robinson is on track to play in Sunday’s season opener against the Bears.

Robinson underwent minor knee surgery in late August, putting his status for the opener in question. He’s slated to start along the defensive line this season after playing a rotational role for Los Angeles last year. In eight games, Robinson had recorded 12 total tackles and one pass defensed. He was on the field for 11 percent of the Rams’ defensive snaps last year.

Robinson started his career as a second-round pick for Detroit in 2016. Spending his first four seasons with the Lions, Robinsons has appeared in 66 career games with 37 starts.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Bears officially sign Breshad Perriman, waive Josh Woods

Posted by Josh Alper on September 6, 2021, 11:32 AM EDT

Getty Images

Wide receiver Breshad Perriman is officially a member of the Bears.

Perriman was released by the Lions last week as they dropped to 53 players and there was word the next day that he agreed to a contract with Chicago. Confirmation of that move came on Monday.

The Bears announced Perriman’s signing and that linebacker Josh Woods has been waived to make room for him on the roster. He had 19 tackles and a fumble recovery in 24 games for Chicago over the last two seasons.

Perriman joins Allen Robinson, Darnell Mooney, Marquise Goodwin, Damiere Byrd, and Nsimba Webster on the depth chart at receiver in Chicago. The Bears open the season against the Rams on Sunday night.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Buccaneers activate Ndamukong Suh off COVID-19 list

Posted by Myles Simmons on September 6, 2021, 10:47 AM EDT

Getty Images

While the Cowboys keep placing players on their COVID-19 list, the opposite is happening for their Week One opponent.

The Buccaneers announced on Monday that they’ve activated defensive lineman Ndamukong Suh off the reserve/COVID-19 list, which clears their list a few days before the season opener on Thursday.

Suh had been on the list since Aug. 28, the day of Tampa Bay’s preseason finale. Head coach Bruce Arians said last week that the team is 100 percent vaccinated, so Suh’s absence was the result of a positive test.

Suh started all 16 games for Tampa Bay last year, recording 6.0 sacks, nine tackles for loss, and 19 quarterback hits. He also had 1.5 sacks in the postseason.

As a corresponding roster move, the Buccaneers have waived kicker Jose Borregales.

Comment

• Danny Amendola agrees to one-year, $2.5 million deal with Texans

Posted by Charean Williams on September 7, 2021, 8:37 PM EDT

Getty Images

The Texans worked out free agent receiver Danny Amendola earlier Tuesday. They now have agreed to terms.

NFL Media reports Amendola will sign a one-year, $2.5 million contract with the Texans.

Texans General Manager Nick Caserio knows Amendola well from their time together in New England, and Houston needed another slot receiver to go with Anthony Miller. Miller returned to practice Monday after missing three weeks with a slight dislocation of his right shoulder in an Aug. 15 preseason game.

Amendola, 35, grew up in The Woodlands, a Houston suburb.

He made 46 catches for 602 yards and no touchdowns last season in 14 games for the Lions. In his 12 seasons, Amendola has totaled 593 receptions for 5,964 yards and 21 touchdowns.

Comment

• KERRYON JOHNSONRB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
            Free agent RB Kerryon Johnson worked out for the Raiders on Tuesday.

The Eagles waived Johnson from injured reserve with an injury settlement at the end of August. He signed with them in the offseason but was unable to get past Boston Scott or Kenneth Gainwell on the depth chart. The Raiders don't have any notable backs behind Josh Jacobs and Kenyan Drake on their roster but that duo would still prevent Johnson from seeing the field much if he signs with Las Vegas.

RELATED:
            SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
            Sep 7, 2021, 6:03 PM

Comment

• CRE'VON LEBLANCDB, MIAMI DOLPHINS

Dolphins signed CB Cre'von LeBlanc, formerly of the Eagles, to a one-year contract.

LeBlanc served as Philadelphia's primary slot corner last year until quad and ankle injuries limited him down the stretch (and out of the lineup altogether from Week 11 on). With light special teams experience -- 31 total snaps with that unit the past two seasons -- LeBlanc, 26, will likely compete for a role as Miami's starting nickel or be forced to ride the bench while waiting out an injury ahead of him.

SOURCE: Josina Anderson on Twitter
              Jul 23, 2021, 1:15 PM

Comment

• Seahawks adjusted Quandre Diggs’ deal

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 9, 2021, 11:26 AM EDT

Getty Images

The Seahawks are continuing to make moves to keep players happy with their contracts.

The latest is safety Quandre Diggs, who had been refusing to practice because he wasn’t happy with his contract. Field Yates of ESPN reports that the Seahawks converted Diggs’ $100,000 in per-game roster bonuses into salary. That means Diggs gets that $100,000 even if he gets injured and misses some games.

The Seahawks also accelerated $5.05 million of Diggs’ salary into a signing bonus while adding a void year, which frees up some cap space.

Seattle previously gave safety Jamal Adams a major new contract after he staged a training camp “hold-in,” and they also adjusted the contract of tackle Duane Brown when he declined to practice.

Eventually, some team is going to take a stand, demand that players get to work on the practice field, and refuse to give new contracts to players who “hold-in.” But the Seahawks think they have a roster that can compete for a Super Bowl this year, and they didn’t want contract squabbling to derail their plans. And so they’ve made their players happy.

Comment

• 49ers signing Kerryon Johnson to practice squad

Posted by Josh Alper on September 14, 2021, 3:21 PM EDT

Getty Images

Raheem Mostert will miss the rest of the season due to a knee injury and the 49ers have brought another running back into the fold to help deal with his absence.

Agent Drew Rosenhaus announced that his client Kerryon Johnson is signing with the team’s practice squad.

Johnson was a 2018 second-round pick of the Lions and made his way to the Eagles as a waiver claim in May. He was waived with an injury designation in August and then released from injured reserve.

In 34 games with Detroit, Johnson ran 283 times for 1,225 yards and eight touchdowns. He also caught 61 passes for 527 yards and three scores.

Elijah Mitchell, JaMycal Hasty, and Trey Sermon are the backs on the 49ers’ active roster. Jeff Wilson is on the physically unable to perform list and will be eligible to return to action in five weeks.

Comment

• He looks 18 years old in that picture.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                      Seahawks adjusted Quandre Diggs’ deal

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 9, 2021, 11:26 AM EDT

The Seahawks are continuing to make moves to keep players happy with their contracts.

The latest is safety Quandre Diggs, who had been refusing to practice because he wasn’t happy with his contract. Field Yates of ESPN reports that the Seahawks converted Diggs’ $100,000 in per-game roster bonuses into salary. That means Diggs gets that $100,000 even if he gets injured and misses some games.

The Seahawks also accelerated $5.05 million of Diggs’ salary into a signing bonus while adding a void year, which frees up some cap space.

Seattle previously gave safety Jamal Adams a major new contract after he staged a training camp “hold-in,” and they also adjusted the contract of tackle Duane Brown when he declined to practice.

Eventually, some team is going to take a stand, demand that players get to work on the practice field, and refuse to give new contracts to players who “hold-in.” But the Seahawks think they have a roster that can compete for a Super Bowl this year, and they didn’t want contract squabbling to derail their plans. And so they’ve made their players happy.
                      Diggs never gets any respect

good for him!
                      Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

• Kenny Golladay Sideline Blowup Goes Viral

Late in the contest against the Washington Football Team, it appeared that Golladay and his new quarterback, Daniel Jones, had words, as the television broadcast caught the heated exchange with less than five minutes remaining.

Upon review of his final statline, perhaps Golladay was verbalizing his frustration at the lack of targets that came his way all throughout the game.

Golladay finished the game with three receptions on eight targets for a total of 38 yards. He did not secure a touchdown grab, but had two drops on Thursday Night Football.

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post
                          Kenny Golladay Sideline Blowup Goes Viral

Late in the contest against the Washington Football Team, it appeared that Golladay and his new quarterback, Daniel Jones, had words, as the television broadcast caught the heated exchange with less than five minutes remaining.

Upon review of his final statline, perhaps Golladay was verbalizing his frustration at the lack of targets that came his way all throughout the game.

Golladay finished the game with three receptions on eight targets for a total of 38 yards. He did not secure a touchdown grab, but had two drops on Thursday Night Football.

https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/.amp/ne...wup-goes-viral
                          Daniel Jones: Kenny Golladay was frustrated with situation, not me in particular

Posted by Josh Alper on September 17, 2021, 6:27 AM EDT

USA TODAY Sports

After the Giants settled for Graham Gano‘s fifth field goal of the night in the fourth quarter of Thursday night’s loss to Washington, it looked like wide receiver Kenny Golladay was shouting at quarterback Daniel Jones on the sideline.

The Gano field goal came after a James Bradberry interception in Washington territory, but the Giants took a conservative offensive approach with two runs and a short incompletion to set up the kick. That made the score 29-27 and kept the door open for a game-winning field goal rather than forcing Washington to score a touchdown.

Golladay, who had three catches for 38 yards in the game, could be seen shouting at Jones, but the quarterback downplayed the personal nature of the situation after the game.

“I think he was frustrated with the situation. I don’t really think it was to me or anyone in particular,” Jones said, via Petter Botte of the New York Post. “So I think we’re all good. I love Kenny. I thought he played hard and we did a lot of good things out there. I’ve got to do a better job of finding him in some places. He was just frustrated, frustrated with the situation and we’ll be better from it. He plays hard and wants to win and wants to do the best for the team.”

Jones said he thinks Golladay’s desire for more passes thrown his way after a quiet start to his Giants tenure was “part of it.” Golladay’s fellow wideout Sterling Shepard said things were heated given the nature of the game and that players “say what you got to say and you move on” with love for your teammates.

It appears that’s what happened on Thursday night, but too many more outings like the first two for the Giants will make it unlikely to be the last time emotions boil over in a game.

Comment

• Prater just hit a 62 yd FG. Fun game so far with Min/Az.

Comment

• Vikings missed a XP and then later on, a potential GW FG at the end of the game vs. Arizona.

Good times.

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                              My friend Ken L

Comment

• Nevin Lawson visiting Jaguars on Tuesday

Posted by Myles Simmons on September 21, 2021, 12:10 PM EDT

Getty Images

The Raiders cut Nevin Lawson on Monday when the defensive back was eligible to return from his two-game suspension. But he may have a new job soon.

Per Ian Rapoport of NFL Media, Lawson is visiting with the Jaguars on Tuesday.

Lawson spent the last two seasons with the Raiders. He played 14 games last year with nine starts, recording for passes defensed, two forced fumbles, a sack, and 61 total tackles.

With Nate Hobbs‘ emergence at slot corner, Las Vegas was able to let Lawson go.

Detroit selected Lawson in the fourth round of the 2014 draft and he played five seasons for the franchise. In all, Lawson has played 88 career games with 68 starts, recording 34 passes defensed.

Jacksonville could use some depth at cornerback with C.J. Henderson dealing with a groin injury and Tre Herndon returning from an MCL injury.

Comment

Working...
                                X