No announcement yet.

Favorite songs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Peter Gabriel wednesday night. he was awesome! His show was very visual and had a surreal quality about it at times. Pete can still bring it though.
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Did PG play GIVE BLOOD? I'm pretty sure it's PETE TOWNSENDS (and DAVID GILMORES) song, but I saw PG play it (with DG) at AMNESTY INTL in 86. Was awesome live.

Did he play it?
      Last edited by Panoptes; September 28, 2012, 09:32 AM.
      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Tony, you get some great seats to some great shows. I take it you are buying single seats. Are you getting them from the box office or an after market seller?
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Peter Gabriel is awesome. Must've been superb Tony. Never saw him perform live before although I do have some DVD's. "Come talk to me" from the Us tour with the red British telephone box was just absolutely brilliant. I've seen Genesis many times but I was just too young to catch Gabriel Genesis Live. Would loved to have seen "Suppers Ready" or "In the cage" (from the lamb) performed live with Gabriel on vocals.
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• the setlist

1. OBUT
              (with 'Tony Levin' only)
            2. Come Talk to Me
            3. Shock the Monkey
            4. Family Snapshot
            5. Retro
            6. Digging in the Dirt
            7. Secret World
            8. The Family and the Fishing Net
            9. No Self Control
            10. Solsbury Hill
            11. Washing of the Water
            12. "So" in Remastered Version order
            13. Red Rain
            14. Sledgehammer
            15. Don't Give Up
            16. That Voice Again
            17. Mercy Street
            18. Big Time
            19. We Do What We're Told (Milgram's 37)
            20. This Is the Picture (Excellent Birds)
            21. In Your Eyes
            22. Encore:
            23. The Tower That Ate People
            24. Biko

Oh and we sang Happy Birthday to his son too. He turned 11 the next day.

I was too close to the stage to use the video. Here's a different concert of "The Tower that ate people"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gwKpbNitK0"]"The Tower That Ate People" Peter Gabriel@Wells Fargo Center Philadelphia 9/21/12 So:Back to Front - YouTube[/ame]

Here was my view though
            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Tony, you get some great seats to some great shows. I take it you are buying single seats. Are you getting them from the box office or an after market seller?
              Both. I've bought two from stubhub and 5 from ticket master. 14th row is the farthest back I've sat but I have paid as high as $225 for a seat (Gabriel row 2 center stage).

2nd row is not filled with my people. Many wore VIP lanyards and seemed to be posers. Two didn't even stand up till digging in the dirt (6th song!) 6 of these jackholes left after the regular portion before he played the encore!! My fat self was up and bopping around to the music but for them it was like they were corpses stood in place.

No G no "Give Blood". I do like that tune though. BTW, Gilmour co-wrote "White City Fighting" not "Give Blood"

Comment

• BIKO was cool too at that same '86 show I mentioned
                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• You know I remember a job I was on around the time Gabriel had released a hits album and Biko was on it......., the customers name was Ricco......., and the bloke I was working with (Paul Brown, great buddy, dead @ 42, brain tumour) was singing......, "AWWWW RICCO......., RICCO........, RICCOHHHHHH, RICCO......" all day long!! Funny times.
                  "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• BIKO was cool too at that same '86 show I mentioned
                    He is releasing a concert video from Athens on that tour soon

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                      the setlist

1. OBUT
                        (with 'Tony Levin' only)
                      2. Come Talk to Me
                      3. Shock the Monkey
                      4. Family Snapshot
                      5. Retro
                      6. Digging in the Dirt
                      7. Secret World
                      8. The Family and the Fishing Net
                      9. No Self Control
                      10. Solsbury Hill
                      11. Washing of the Water
                      12. "So" in Remastered Version order
                      13. Red Rain
                      14. Sledgehammer
                      15. Don't Give Up
                      16. That Voice Again
                      17. Mercy Street
                      18. Big Time
                      19. We Do What We're Told (Milgram's 37)
                      20. This Is the Picture (Excellent Birds)
                      21. In Your Eyes
                      22. Encore:
                      23. The Tower That Ate People
                      24. Biko

Oh and we sang Happy Birthday to his son too. He turned 11 the next day.

I was too close to the stage to use the video. Here's a different concert of "The Tower that ate people"

"The Tower That Ate People" Peter Gabriel@Wells Fargo Center Philadelphia 9/21/12 So:Back to Front - YouTube

Here was my view though

NICE!

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGls1vVq0Dg"]vw Rush - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Don't know if I posted this one yet.................

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSP0e5rXUl8&feature=related"]THE ARCHIES - SUGAR SUGAR - YouTube[/ame]
                          GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEY8clFcm2E&feature=related"]Creedence - Have You Ever Seen The Rain ??? - YouTube[/ame]
                            GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• OK, CGVT. You can post the clip from The Big Lebowski.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYf4kqnAWos&feature=related"]Eagles - Hotel California - YouTube[/ame]
                              GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ojRQ15My7s&feature=related"]Cherokee Nation-Paul Revere and The Raiders - YouTube[/ame]
                                GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X