Favorite songs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GREAT tune, Rommy!!
    "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
      LOL. It still fucking sucks balls.
      LOL, you're still a fucking cunt. That's a cute little JT video.... even though anyone with any type of metal knowledge knows there is a significant difference between death metal, thrash metal, melodic metal, etc. Sorry your pebble sized brain couldn't process the difference. I'm not a huge fan of death btw-- the style you posted with that dumbass song.

Here, I'll post something that's probably more up your alley.....
      [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ&ob=av2e"]Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
        T8Key......, I'm a massive metal fan buddy...... As far as Trivium are concerned, I've tried to get into them, but In my opinion, (and a few of my mates opinions)...., they are very poor metallica wannabes. But the fact that you were not born in 86 means there is no argument going to happen here from me......, I'll be "old school", you can be "new wave"!! I still can't get enough of Testament, that's how old I am.

edit was to sort a shoking speling misteak abuv.
        That's cool dude, @ least you have an explanation for not liking them. Instead of spewing inflammatory statements with no reasoning. Kudos to you.

BTW, Testament is sick. Love their tunes "Formation of Damnation" and "The Persecuted Won't Forget"

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-rySnvAvmo"]Testament - The Persecuted won't forget - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Holy shit. That sucks too
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Holy shit. That sucks too
              Well, @ least I agree with you there. Was just making sure you weren't @ ATFC status (Absolute Total Fucking Cunt)... You still are @ TFC status though.

Comment

• LOL @ CGVT.
                GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• even though anyone with any type of metal knowledge knows there is a significant difference between death metal, thrash metal, melodic metal, etc
                  I'm sure that is true. Take, for instance, piles of shit. Obviously they will be different depending on many variables. There could be death shit, thrash shit, melodic shit, etc.

One thing that is constant, however is that regardless of their make up, they are still piles of shit, and even if a person had knowledge concerning those piles of shit, in the end they are still piles of shit, differences and all. The pile of shit expert would then be nothing more than a conoissuer of shit...
                  Last edited by CGVT; November 19, 2011, 02:11 PM.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

I'm sure that is true. Take, for instance, piles of shit. Obviously they will be different depending on many variables. There could be death shit, thrash shit, melodic shit, etc.

One thing that is constant, however is that regardless of their make up, they are still piles of shit, and even if a person had knowledge concerning those piles of shit, in the end they are still piles of shit, differences and all. The pile of shit expert would then be nothing more than a conoissuer of shit...
                    Again, you demonstrate a stunning display of ignorance... you don't even back up your position. Where's your reasoning? What is it specifically you don't like? Is it the instruments? vocal style? lyrical content?

You're making yourself look like a grossly ignorant cock mongrel. The only pile of shit is in between your ears... and it's oozing out of your mouth.

Comment

• Not many people get labelled a cock & a cunt in the same day......., CGVT......, looks like T8key has awarded you with this honour!! You forgot one of the types of shit....., very very funny shit, which of course this is.

T8key......., what were Voivod, death or thrash?
                      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• What is it specifically you don't like? Is it the instruments? vocal style? lyrical content?

Yep.

But you go ahead and rock on, Dude!
                        Last edited by CGVT; November 19, 2011, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                          Not many people get labelled a cock & a cunt in the same day......., CGVT......, looks like T8key has awarded you with this honour!! You forgot one of the types of shit....., very very funny shit, which of course this is.

T8key......., what were Voivod, death or thrash?
                          Uh... didn't call him a cock, called him a cock mongrel. Slight difference. haha.

Definitely not death. i'd say more thrash. Only looked @ one song on youtube though.. haven't heard of them before. Looks like they were around in the early 80s. Heavy in the 80s is different from heavy today.
                          Last edited by T8key0medic1ne; November 19, 2011, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Yep.

But you go ahead and rock on, Dude!
                            Will do bro.

Comment

• Heavy in the 80s is different from heavy today..............Nowadays bands are tuning a full step down (Normal E to D) with Cookie Monster vocals. To me it sounds like shit. No imagination or creativity. Just yelling, screaming and banging on their instruments.

But I do acknowledge that my generations music must seem antiquated to these youngin's.

But then again, my generations music must have seemed foreign to our parents, but it was cutting edge at the time.

Without Clapton, Page, Hendrix, Allman, Beck, et al...you do not have Van Halen, Satriani, and others, who in turn influenced Slash, CC. DeVille, Warren DiMartini. This new generation were influenced by the grunge bands.

But of course the trendsetters from my generation acknowledged they were influenced by the bluesmen that came before them (Albert King, BB King, Albert Collins) who were influenced by Robert Johnson, Django Rinehart and others.

Comment

• Originally posted by YT View Post
                                Heavy in the 80s is different from heavy today..............Nowadays bands are tuning a full step down (Normal E to D) with Cookie Monster vocals. To me it sounds like shit. No imagination or creativity. Just yelling, screaming and banging on their instruments.

But I do acknowledge that my generations music must seem antiquated to these youngin's.

But then again, my generations music must have seemed foreign to our parents, but it was cutting edge at the time.

Without Clapton, Page, Hendrix, Allman, Beck, et al...you do not have Van Halen, Satriani, and others, who in turn influenced Slash, CC. DeVille, Warren DiMartini. This new generation were influenced by the grunge bands.

But of course the trendsetters from my generation acknowledged they were influenced by the bluesmen that came before them (Albert King, BB King, Albert Collins) who were influenced by Robert Johnson, Django Rinehart and others.
                                I need to realize i'm dealing with mostly a crowd on this site that's @ least a decade older than me... so I shouldn't be surprised if most on here don't understand why I like the music I do.

What I do have a problem with is when people hear some harsh vocal technique, they automatically slap a label on the whole song/band itself... either by saying "these guys have no talent, they just bang on their instruments, they don't know how to write songs" etc.

They tend to let the vocals overshadow the whole piece. I mean, of course there's a lot of people out there that hate that style. That's cool. It's just dumb assume the band doesn't know shit about music because of it. There's a growing crowd who are enjoying the heavier style nowadays. Music is always changing.

btw, I won't be surprised if I think the kids 20 years in the future are listening to shit. haha.
                                Last edited by T8key0medic1ne; November 20, 2011, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X