X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TK0001 View Post
    My personal favorite Led Zeppelin song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1yUvdQnERk
    Now that brings back memories. I worked up an acoustic version of that song for an open mic night and killed it (in a good way). Awesome song to pretend at playing slide guitar - which is exactly what I did. LOL.

Comment

• since I am on a drum solo kick

[youtube]Sa0C5Uxpd3c[/youtube]

#2 on my all time list

Comment

• PEART is the best ever. Bar none.

At one point he was the (Guiness Book) record holder for most percussion sounds in one minute.
        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
          PEART is the best ever. Bar none.
          Nah. Arguable.

He's on the Mount Rushmore of drummers, though. With Bonham, Moon, and.....

hmmmmm.....

Comment

• Originally posted by TK0001 View Post
            Nah. Arguable.

He's on the Mount Rushmore of drummers, though. With Bonham, Moon, and.....

hmmmmm.....

Buddy Rich

Comment

• For me PEART shreds everyone else by far (and he writes great songs too).

But if you want to open up to other top drummers, you can not overlook GINGER BAKER (originally from Cream). Very in tune musician.
              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• A lot of people probably will have to clue who this kid is but IMO he's one of the best drummers in music today, from one of my favorite bands Yellowcard.

[youtube]bJ-qOzkFA7M[/youtube]

Comment

For me PEART shreds everyone else by far (and he writes great songs too).

But if you want to open up to other top drummers, you can not overlook GINGER BAKER (originally from Cream). Very in tune musician.
                  Yeah, of course it's a moot point and impossible to actually judge, especially considering all musical genres, existing technologies, etc.

I'm partial to Danny Carey from Tool.

Comment

For me PEART shreds everyone else by far (and he writes great songs too).

It's like
                    1 Bonham
                    1a peart

for me and it's flip flops a lot of the time too.

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnxkfLe4G74"]‪Freewill - Rush‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by spdrcr557 View Post
                        [youtube]0Az-TuYb4h0[/youtube]

been jamming a lot of Zeppelin lately.
                        Haven't heard this song since college (10 years ago) - great tune

Comment

• You're forgetting Gene Kruppa too but that's a ways ago.

Neil is not on the drummer Mt. Rushmore, He's on the Drummer's Everest! There is him and then all the rest. Alex would still be up there were it not for his Rheumatoid arthritis. Geddy's voice has actually improved with age. Their exclusion from the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame makes that place in cleveland a travesty.
                          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgK7OMYHh2Y"]‪Rush - Xanadu (Live)‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]
                            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Rush has had a lot of good songs, but I just don't get the collective hard-on their fans have for them. They have a lot of good songs, but a lot of complete stinkers, too.

Neil Peart is an amazing drummer, though, I will admit.

Comment

• 40 years of albums have to count for something. Rush's sales place them third behind the beatles and the Stones for most Gold or Platinum albums (24 gold, 14 Plat. 3 multi-platinum). They have been cited as an influence by various musical artists, including Metallica, Primus, Rage Against the Machine and The Smashing Pumpkins, as well as progressive metal bands such as Dream Theater and Symphony X.

Comment

Working...
                                X