No announcement yet.

Favorite songs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add me to the Beatles Meh group, although if it wasn't for them I wouldn't be able to tell people about the time I raced Heather Mills in a Go-Kart.
    AAL Quintez Cephus
    If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NMUDb3Ewhs&NR=1"]Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - If I Had A Gun... - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        Love the Beatles. You don't hear them much on the radio anymore. You still hear a lot of Stones stuff. Its always hard to judge the groups of the 60's the farther you get away from them, the stiff they were doing was cutting edge at the time. Sometimes it might seem a tad dated now.

Don't care much for the Lennon solo stuff. It has its moments but I do like most of the Paul McCartney stuff. In my opinion Lennon kind of lost it after the Beatles breakup moreso than McCartney. But they kind of needed each other along with George Martin to temper each others excesses.

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - The Death Of You And Me - YouTube
        Thanks for posting this song. It's really good.

Comment

• I see you like Noel Gallagher. Check out this version he did of "Don't look back in Anger". It's much better than the original.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEnP_rjlEvY&feature=player_embedded"]Noel Gallagher - Don't Look Back in Anger (acoustic) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by T8key0medic1ne View Post
            Good one. My personal preference for metallica instrumentals go in the following order:
            Call Of Ktulu, To Live Is To Die, Orion, Suicide and Redemption.
            The Call of Ktulu - Metallica - YouTube
            You got Suicide & Redemption 4th T8key? I love that instrumental......, Metallica right back to their best after the St Anger mediocre nonsense. My order would be S&R, Call of Ktulu, Orion, To Live is to Die.
            Death Magnetic for me is equally out in first place with the black album...., Puppets 2nd.

Edit to add, I had the iPod on shuffle while driving the other day......, Disposable Heroes came on, not heard it for a couple years I think....., what a track!!! Can't believe puppets is 26 years old......, I remember the day I bought it!
            Last edited by Marko69; November 17, 2011, 01:31 PM.
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Han Solo View Post
              No, I haven't seen it. I'll have to check it out. Funny that the song is about the girl Clapton stole from Harrison.
              You really HAVE to get your hands on it - an all star line up performing George's songs.

Turns out Something from the Concert for George is on Youtube...here you go. Clapton comes in around the 2 min mark and that's where it gets awesome.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7_MsY2IJz4"]Paul McCartney and Eric Clapton - Something (Concert for George) - YouTube[/ame]
              "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                You got Suicide & Redemption 4th T8key? I love that instrumental......, Metallica right back to their best after the St Anger mediocre nonsense. My order would be S&R, Call of Ktulu, Orion, To Live is to Die.
                Death Magnetic for me is equally out in first place with the black album...., Puppets 2nd.

Edit to add, I had the iPod on shuffle while driving the other day......, Disposable Heroes came on, not heard it for a couple years I think....., what a track!!! Can't believe puppets is 26 years old......, I remember the day I bought it!
                It's not like there is a huge gap in between. I enjoy each one. Just like the other ones a tad more. I can't believe that shit is 26 years old either... I wasn't even born yet!

As far as the albums, i'd have to put them in the following order:
                Ride The Lightning, ...And Justice For All, Master of Puppets, Black album, Death Magnetic, Kill 'Em All, Load, Reload, Garage Inc., Saint Anger.

Comment

• Deb, I was referring to the Fallon as Morrison clip. That was almost as good as him imitating Neil Young & sing Whip My Hair.

Kay, Thanks for posting that all star clip of George's Something. The world lost a truly great musician and gentle soul when he died. It seems as if everyone in the world loved George.

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post
                    You really HAVE to get your hands on it - an all star line up performing George's songs.

Turns out Something from the Concert for George is on Youtube...here you go. Clapton comes in around the 2 min mark and that's where it gets awesome.

Paul McCartney and Eric Clapton - Something (Concert for George) - YouTube
                    Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice,

You can lock this thread now.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAwdHRHH1-M"]Trivium - Like Callisto To A Star In Heaven *with lyrics* - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by T8key0medic1ne View Post
                        It's not like there is a huge gap in between. I enjoy each one. Just like the other ones a tad more. I can't believe that shit is 26 years old either... I wasn't even born yet!

As far as the albums, i'd have to put them in the following order:
                        Ride The Lightning, ...And Justice For All, Master of Puppets, Black album, Death Magnetic, Kill 'Em All, Load, Reload, Garage Inc., Saint Anger.
                        Bloody hell, you sound older mate! I was at the Edinburgh Playhouse for the Metallica/Anthrax Puppets tour two weeks before Cliff died in Sweden. Was thoroughly devastated when news of that came through.
                        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post

Paul McCartney and Eric Clapton - Something (Concert for George) - YouTube
                          Wow. I want to see more of that concert.
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• it really is an incredible dvd - great from start to finish. Monty Python even does a couple of their songs (my kids LOVE that).
                            "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Good God, that fucking sucks
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• wow at the Jimmy Fallon clip. That is amazing!

Comment

Working...
                                X