New Members - Welcome! Check in here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome, Irish!
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
      No, Bim. He didn't disappear because he got his head handed to him (rightfully so, I might add). He disappeared because he was a spammer trying to drum up support for his company by spamming ALL of the Lions related boards that he could find. I checked the other boards. He disappeared from them to.

He was only looking to promote his company. He thought if he could drum up some support from the fans on talk forums he might be able to sell his shit to the Lions.

He wasn't another voice. His only voice was "check out my shit and support it so I can make some money".

Spammer.

Maybe not a "traditional" spammer, but spam none-the-less.
      You make a decent argument for an old guy. :-) Truth is, neither of us know the real situation. Now I am wondering about something else that I think we can easily agree on. Is there an opportunity to make this site pay for itself? I think it is wrong that one person bears the burden for any shortfall beyond what comes in through donations and Amazon.

Can spammers be turned into profit? On other sites businesses are allowed to advertise upon paying a fee. I am wondering if a special thread can be set up and have any advertising occur in that area/thread, for a fee. For example, maybe someone wants to advertise some Roar Rags(posting with pictures of pretty girls will snare Kansas), T-Shirts, Barry Sanders signed football, etc, etc. To be able to post, you pay a fee. Spammers will be redirected to that thread, but zapped if they are unwilling to pay. If people don't want to be spammed, they can stay out of the thread. Those that come here just to profit can pay for the opportunity.

Funny, but did I understand correctly that people were going tailgate to tailgate at the Forum game selling Roar Rags? That is real life spammers, as opposed to digital spammers. How dare them! Were they run off with a shovel? Did someone give them a verbal thrashing to within an inch of their life? Oh, they were pretty. I see.
      Last edited by bimmer84; September 22, 2011, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• Is there an opportunity to make this site pay for itself? I think it is wrong that one person bears the burden for any shortfall beyond what comes in through donations and Amazon.
        I'm newer here, so forgive the question please. Does Deb break even or go in the hole and if so, by how much? If it is break even or even make money I sure don't begrudge that. If it's a huge loser than that might be good to say by how much. If it's close enough to call it a wash then fine also. OR don't say anything (none of my business) and I'll accept that.
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Deb doesn't like to talk about it, but she has made up shortfalls in the past. I can't tell you if it happens each year, but Deb is such a sweetheart about it, we would never know.

Comment

• One of the other forums that I spend time on has some ads that are not really too obtrusive. They have different levels of membership. Free-you get ads. Premium is 25 bucks a year and you have he option of turning off the ads. They also have a vendors section. I imagine that the vendors pay to be able to post. Not sure if that would work here, though.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Id gladly pay a subscription fee to visit this forum and be personally, verbally and psychologically abused by you guys. Its fun. If Deborah was struggling with this fantastic forum....., (my God, what a fucking bum lick)....., id be more than happy to pay, no worries whatsoever. Im just a nosey scottish bastard who loves chillin out, kicking back playing with his Jambalaya, and reading the posts, its great.

For the record, I hate all English apart from Ipswich Town Football Club and DeanUK. And dont give me grief about that......, Braveheart? I rest my case!
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• I appreciate the sentiment, but this will never be a pay site as long as I'm running it. I also don't think ads would bring in much revenue. I don't think I've ever intentionally clicked one while visiting a forum, let alone actually purchased something after clicking one.

The Amazon link, at times, provides enough to cover expenses. I just hope folks will continue to use it whenever they buy something there.
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Plus there is nothing stopping us from donating a few bucks every now and then.

The membership fee that I pay at the other site is 25 bucks a year. I donate more than that to this forum every year. It's not too tough to chunk $25 dollars toward Deb via paypal every now and then. Hell, a pint of beer is $5...
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• where do you send the paypal?
                    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• There is a donate button on the main page.

Hey Deb maybe you should put it at the top of the forums page. I can't get to the donate unless I go to the page that says enter the forums

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                        For the record, I hate all English apart from Ipswich Town Football Club and DeanUK. And dont give me grief about that......, Braveheart? I rest my case!
                        See, Marko even hates my kids!! Even after I told him I used to look out for his Beloved Hibs results once upon a time!
                        AAL Quintez Cephus
                        If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeanUK View Post
                          See, Marko even hates my kids!! Even after I told him I used to look out for his Beloved Hibs results once upon a time!
                          I really do hope you know I'm joking Dean. I have many many English relatives......, weddings and other such gatherings are superb. The english press with regards to sports is the only thing I dislike.

Talking about Hibs, was at Easter Road today with my 17 year old son today and my cousin. It's the 70th minute and it's 3-1 Dundee United. My cousin says, "fuck this Mark, I'm off to the pub, this is Shyte"...., and he leaves. I ask my son if he wants to go, he says "no way, ....yes it's pretty rubbish but there's a twist in this." ......., 75th minute, bang, bang......, two goals, one an absolute Peach by Agogo. 3-3. My cousin was the full 5 minutes walk away from the stadium and heard the roars........, he calls my mobile,
                          Him: what the F is happenin?
                          Me: it's 3-3 buddy, u missed a great goal, 23 yards out, top left hand corner, feckin peach.
                          Him: AW For feck sake.......!!!!

That'll teach him not to leave.
                          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Whatever happened to the dentist from Oregon with the good sense of humor? I don't remember his member name but it seem like it had something to do with Oregon.

Comment

• That was OR Lion, Bim. Funny guy. Last time he posted was back in February

Comment

• Thanks CG. I wonder why he stopped posting...

Comment

Working...
                                X