No announcement yet.

New Members - Welcome! Check in here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Brasilion. Pretty sure we have membership on this forum from every continent except Antarctica now with you joining up.
    Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Welcome Brasilion!
      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Clever username Brasilion.
        ------------
        <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew View Post
          Clever username Brasilion.
          An L is a terrible thing to waste.
          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Always wondered why American made world maps (and who knows, maybe all maps) show his country name as Brazil but when you speak to a native of that country, they clearly annunciate the country name as BraSil.
            Last edited by Panoptes; August 1, 2011, 08:26 PM.
            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• I never understood changing the name of any city/country that's easily pronunced. If they call it Deutchland, why the fuck do we call it Germany? Francias/France Napoli/Naples Munich/Munchen etc?

I have no problem calling Italy Italia (and adding an accent on the penaltimate syllable to boot)
              ------------
              <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew View Post
                I never understood changing the name of any city/country that's easily pronunced. If they call it Deutchland, why the fuck do we call it Germany? Francias/France Napoli/Naples Munich/Munchen etc?

I have no problem calling Italy Italia (and adding an accent on the penaltimate syllable to boot)
                Japan/Nippon
                Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• There could be a few Penguins on Antartica who are seaLIONS fans. Does that count?
                  "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• wow..!!

didn't expect this nice welcome!!

I also don't know why here is Brasil and there is "Brazil"... same way I don't understand why we call "Alemanha" the same country you call "German" and originally is "Deutschland"...

What I know is that Google Translator actually seems to work.. hehe

Thanks people..

Comment

• Hey there Brasilion......, how old are you? I'm going to ASSume that soccer is your main love, being from Brasil and all that? You old enough to remember Dave Nareys absolute peach, top left hand corner from outside the box in 1982?......., but you eventually humped us Escocians 4-1, but we were 1-0 up for 12 minutes!! Excellent 12 minutes that was!
                      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Good god, enough with the futbol!

Welcome Brasil, and don't worry about joining in. Most people here don't know anything about football either.
                        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                          Hey there Brasilion......, how old are you? I'm going to ASSume that soccer is your main love, being from Brasil and all that? You old enough to remember Dave Nareys absolute peach, top left hand corner from outside the box in 1982?......., but you eventually humped us Escocians 4-1, but we were 1-0 up for 12 minutes!! Excellent 12 minutes that was!
                          hahaha.. yeah soccer is my main love. I'm not old enough to remember that, but certainly i've watch a lot of movies from 82's brazilian squad (hell of a squad), including that unbeliveble rocket... in the end, we lost that world cup and that was a real shame. That squad really deserved better luck.

Comment

• Do you guys like it with an S or a Z better?

I think I need more time to ponder this.

Comment

• I'm suspecting someones Ingles' is better than they originally let on.
                              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Awww Z......, what an absolute darlin'......, gorgeous.

Brasil were certainly outstanding early 80's......, Zico, Socrates, Falco etc, but they only made the quarters in 82, beaten by close rivals Argentina in a memorable encounter, (but not for anyone on here!!)......, Italy won it with 40 years old Dino Zoff in goal! Good times.

SLF......., you better get used to the futbol buddy......, you are coming here during the season. I DO NOT recommend a Hibernian game tho. We completely suck at the moment. Well ......., we've sucked for the past 20 years really.

Comment

Working...
                                X