New Members - Welcome! Check in here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by juarez4 View Post
    the last couple of years though i've developed a soft spot for detroit and usually end up watching their games (unless of course it clashes with dallas or more importantly celtic - scottish soccer team who i've supported all my life)
    anyway signed up to get more info so thought i'd say hi
    Welcome Juarez.....you did not explain why you became a fan of this Franchise.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by juarez4 View Post
      hey guys, scottish guy here. i'll get it out the way first, since i got into the sport on a holiday to texas, dallas are my team. the last couple of years though i've developed a soft spot for detroit and usually end up watching their games (unless of course it clashes with dallas or more importantly celtic - scottish soccer team who i've supported all my life)
      anyway signed up to get more info so thought i'd say hi
      Oh shit, the Scottish are taking over......., I come on here to get away from the bas....., just joking Juarez. Sounds Spanish? Was going to ask if you reside in Glasgow since you are a Celtic man, but actually coming from Glesga means feck all these days eh? Everyone and their dug supports Celtic or Rangers! Please tell me you ain't from Edinburgh tho....... There's nothing worse than an Edinburgh based Tic or Ger fan? All aside tho, it's all good........, someone else on the board who'll help me understand Americans!!
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• cheers guys. not sure why i started following detroit just found myself wanting them to win when watching on a sunday, being scottish i'm used to supporting the underdog which i guess helps. does mean i usually get gubbed playing madden online though :(
        oh and panoptes i'm afraid i've been on a cowboys board for a few years.
        marko i'm glasgow born and bred mate, just moved through to edinburgh mind. and the juarez in my name is efrain who has been a massive disappointment after a promising start.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
          Oh shit, the Scottish are taking over......., I come on here to get away from the bas....., just joking Juarez. Sounds Spanish? Was going to ask if you reside in Glasgow since you are a Celtic man, but actually coming from Glesga means feck all these days eh? Everyone and their dug supports Celtic or Rangers! Please tell me you ain't from Edinburgh tho....... There's nothing worse than an Edinburgh based Tic or Ger fan? All aside tho, it's all good........, someone else on the board who'll help me understand Americans!!
          Whoa. Can you translate that into 'Merikin?
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Originally posted by CGVT View Post
            Whoa. Can you translate that into 'Merikin?
            LOL, I know what your talking about CG. I sat and looked at the post and thought to myself, "What the fuck is this guy talking about?"
            AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
            2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
            3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
            4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
            5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
            6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
            7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• quick translation:
              good gracious my fellow countrymen are growing in dominance. i peruse this website to get a break from us chaps. i jest juarez, your name sounds hispanic. due to your support of a glasgow based club i was going to ask if you yourself are a resident of glasgow however people throughout this fine land (and indeed their canine chums) support both your club and the vile club across the city from you so your support of them in actual fact tells me nothing of your residential status. i do however hope you are not from my home city as i dislike glory hunters from here who support clubs at the other end of the m8 rather than hibs or that only slightly less vile than the glasgow mob team. any such disagreements can be put aside though in order to co-operate with the understanding of the culture across the atlantic.

hope that clears things up :-)

Comment

• Clear as mud...;)
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Let me try...

Holy shit! There are a lot of us showing up here. I came to this website to get away from all you bastards. Juarez? Are you Mexican or sumpthin? So you like Glasow? I hope to hell you aren't from there, but because there are so many bandwagon fans, I don't have a fucking clue if you are or not. If you are from Glasgow, I guess I can deal with it because I need help understanding these damn Americans...
                  Last edited by CGVT; December 21, 2010, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• lol...will it require 2 clarification posts for each Scottish post?

Comment

• LOL....I love this forum
                      AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                      2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                      3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                      4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                      5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                      6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                      7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• a dinnae ken fits so haird aboot unnerstawnin us anyhoo

Comment

• Haha, welcome Juarez. Just reading yours and Marko's posts is worth coming around here for the entertainment value!
                          2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Welcome Juarez.
                            Gamer dad, like a normal dad, only much cooler / Gamers don't die they respawn
                            🎮 PSN: Thiaugux - 🏆 125 Platinum Trophies
                            https://psnprofiles.com/Thiaugux

Comment

Originally posted by juarez4 View Post
                              cheers guys. not sure why i started following detroit just found myself wanting them to win when watching on a sunday, being scottish i'm used to supporting the underdog which i guess helps. does mean i usually get gubbed playing madden online though :(
                              oh and panoptes i'm afraid i've been on a cowboys board for a few years.
                              marko i'm glasgow born and bred mate, just moved through to edinburgh mind. and the juarez in my name is efrain who has been a massive disappointment after a promising start.
                              quick translation:
                              good gracious my fellow countrymen are growing in dominance. i peruse this website to get a break from us chaps. i jest juarez, your name sounds hispanic. due to your support of a glasgow based club i was going to ask if you yourself are a resident of glasgow however people throughout this fine land (and indeed their canine chums) support both your club and the vile club across the city from you so your support of them in actual fact tells me nothing of your residential status. i do however hope you are not from my home city as i dislike glory hunters from here who support clubs at the other end of the m8 rather than hibs or that only slightly less vile than the glasgow mob team. any such disagreements can be put aside though in order to co-operate with the understanding of the culture across the atlantic.

hope that clears things up :-)
                              a dinnae ken fits so haird aboot unnerstawnin us anyhoo
                              Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                              Let me try...

Holy shit! There are a lot of us showing up here. I came to this website to get away from all you bastards. Juarez? Are you Mexican or sumpthin? So you like Glasow? I hope to hell you aren't from there, but because there are so many bandwagon fans, I don't have a fucking clue if you are or not. If you are from Glasgow, I guess I can deal with it because I need help understanding these damn Americans...

WTF?!!? Ahhh well...........Scotty GAY!!!
                              Your right! Matty Boy will save us all!!

Comment

• Hey ya bunch o dumbass mofos........, whass up wiv ma fuckin posts yo? Sorry that pathetic attempt at being a badass merikin was shocking.

Nice attempt at the translation juarez, bang on but you added bits that will only confuse even more....., like the M8 references! I liked that!! Incidentally......, do you know the best thing ever to come out of Glasgow? That'll be the M8 heading east!! Always liked that one. CGVT, your translation was feckin 3 miles oot man, nae where feckin close tae the button. A shocking attempt!!!

Anyway, good to have fellow Scotsman here, cheers juarez........, wish your team all the best, but nothing but death @ Easter Road!!

Ok, well that's me oaf doon the boozer tae catch up wi the troops, see Whits appenin an that, cheers.
                                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Working...
                                X