No announcement yet.

Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The thing with the water looking different based on the words on the label intrigued me. I can't quite wrap my mind around that, but could buy into that for people.
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Yeah, I thought that was pretty powerful. Also the scene where she looked in the mirror and hated what she saw and turned it around and wrote loving things about herself in lipstick all over her body.
      "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• That sounds like a movie I would enjoy. I like movies like that. I enjoyed "The Butterfly Effect" even though I heard it got bad reviews.

Deb, as far as Steven Seagal goes, I wouldn't even have classified this latest piece of garbage as even a movie. I still have the bitter taste of it in my mouth.
        All emotions can be traced back to two basic ones........love and fear.

Comment

• The girlfriend dragged me to see The Chronic(what!)cles of Narnia this weekend. I was never a big fan of the book, so I wasn't too interested in the film. I echo some of the same sentiments as others. It just didn't feel very epic, the characters seemed very flat and it was very, very slow moving for a large majority of it.

It's been a long time since I read the book, but it seemed like the characters and the back story were woefully underdeveloped, was a lot of stuff left out?

Comment

• I swear I posted this, but don't see it...I musta forgot to hit the button.

Due to the lack of comedy movies out presently, we saw Pink Panther last night. My expectations were pretty low. So it was better than I thought it would be. Very corny humor but it made me laugh.

I think half of the fun for me was that Matt (my date) is a cop so I was constantly saying, "Do you do that, too?" throughout the movie.
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• A cop, eh? HHhhhhhmmMMMmmmm..... How's he look in his uniform? ;)

Comment

• omg....do you even have to ask? I believe that it's pretty hard for anyone not to look hot in a uniform like that.
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I knew it. <nods>

Comment

• bzzzt...

The correct answer is..."not as hot as he looks OUT of it!"
                    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• lol!
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Ham....bood...gurrrrrrrrrr

Ham...bad...garrr
                        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• heh
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I saw Metallica Some Kind of Monster not because I'm a Metallica fan but because I was curious to see into the band. They hired a psychologist known for helping high dollar bands and sports team who need to work out communication issues. He was with them for close to 2 years I think. I know it was at least a year and a half. He was making $40k a month for his services. Well at the end the band brought up severing ties with him and he resisted and suddenly he seemed very creepy to me.

Comment

• That reminds me of Spinal Tap......that Stonehenge scene kills me along with many others in the movie.
                              All emotions can be traced back to two basic ones........love and fear.

Comment

• Finally saw Crash last night. Excellent flick, very raw, almost documentary type feel to the entire film. I thought it dragged just a bit towards the end, but the performances were tremendous all around. I see why so many actors thought this was the best film of the year. It reminded me, in many ways, of Traffic from a few years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X