• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• LOL, good stuff
      AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• I watched the Amityville Horror remake which was very scary but wasn't much like the book which I read in high school (and scared the living daylights out of me) so I decided to do research about the original story. I read a bunch of stuff including interviews with the real George Lutz who said the remake is not accurate. He talked a little bit about what happened during the 28 days his family lived in the house.

Between reading his interviews, stories from research type people who investigated the house, and seeing the movie, I've been downright spooked for days now. I keep thinking an evil spirit is going to show up at any second and I don't want any room to be dark and I'm scared something under the bed is going to grab my feet as I walk by. It's no fun I tell ya.

I best not ever watch The Exorcist with extended footage.
        "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• My wife digs that movie for some reason

The only logical explanation is:
          I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• LOL romster at the comics

I had heard that the Amityville horror was a hoax, but I might have heard wrong. Scary movies don't frighten me, but I came close when I watched "The Grudge" That stop motion movement can get pretty freaky.
            All emotions can be traced back to two basic ones........love and fear.

Comment

• Re: post 139

Yeah, I remember him. Mmmm Hhmmm.

Leslie, based on what I've read, I don't think it was a hoax but there are people who believe it was.

Comment

• Another movie that kind of scared me was "The Ring". It's that stop motion movement that really gets me.

Romster, could you point me to some of those articles? It might be a good read for me.

Comment

• just google Amityville Horror, George Lutz has his own website
                  The only logical explanation is:
                  I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Yeah I thought the ring was pretty scary.

I did most of my reading at this website: http://www.amityvillehorrortruth.com/

I mostly followed links on the left side of the page with the last two links at the bottom being the interviews with Lutz. I found those the most interesting.

Comment

• And the last link in the right hand column with the Warrens.

Comment

• Thanks for the link Romster. Those were pretty good reads. I am always interested in hauntings and such.

Comment

• If you need a good laugh, go check out JIM CAREY and TEA LEONE (sp?) in FUN WITH DICK AND JANE. Its Dumb and Dumber end to end funny.

Check out the trailers on Yahoo Movies. The Jim C. robot scene was a laugh riot.
                          Last edited by Panoptes; January 13, 2006, 02:47 PM.
                          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• That's one flick I'll probably wait for in video.

I do want to see Munich. I should probably go in the next few days.

Saw King Kong. It was okay. Jack Black was pretty bad, imho. I thought a bunch o the action sequences were too far over the top for my taste. But it sure had atmosphere, I'll give the flick that. The New York sequences were great. I'm not prone to vertigo, but even I felt queasy at some of those shots on top of the Empire State Building.

Comment

• I wasn't that thrilled with King Kong but then I don't like the story that much. I went because it's Peter Jackson and I figure if I'm going to see it, I better see it on the big screen. The special effects were great and I enjoyed Adrian Brody (as I always do, hubba hubba) but I got tired of Naomi Watts staring, mouth agape and wide-eyed, at Kong. And she's one of my favorite actresses. I really don't dig the story though and I won't watch it or any other version again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Markzilla
                                I do want to see Munich.
                                Oh man, me too. Munich looks like it'll be excellent.
                                AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

Working...
                                X