No announcement yet.

Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah that was a good movie however I dont think I've ever seen the beginning of that movie before..
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Ha! You just watched for the limo scene

lol That was somewhat steamy for the fresh faced 'Mr Nice Guy' Kevin Costner.

Comment

• Yep, no way out is awesome. One of the great twist endings too, before that became the in thing to do.

Comment

• The problemwith "twist" endings is that the foreshadowing that takes place in the movie generally gives it away. In No Way Out, it was a hide in plain sight type of thing.

while I'm thinking about it......has Gene Hackman aged in the past 30 or so years?

Comment

• Exactly. Plus, they try to hype up the surprise/twist endings these days as well, which means it ends up not really being a surprise at all and you're alerted to what it could possibly be. I think the last time I saw a surprise ending was the end of Seven.
            Last edited by Mainevent; April 15, 2011, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• I was already tipped by the time I seen Seven, so it wasn't that much of a shocker to me. 'No Way Out' completely caught me offguard in a 'The Sixth Sense' type way.
              Last edited by WingsFan; April 15, 2011, 10:27 PM.

Comment

• while I'm thinking about it......has Gene Hackman aged in the past 30 or so years?
                I think the last time I seen him was in 'Runaway Jury' was a few years ago, I remember that b/c my x-MIL really liked it. But yea, he didn't look much different from the 80s.

Comment

• I saw No Way Out in the theatre. That was a good flick.

Comment

• Saw Inside Job, the Academy Award winning documentary about the 2008 financial crisis. It. Was. Excellent. Should be required viewing for all Americans. I laughed and shook my head so much it almost felt like a comedy.

Just read where the guy (Tim Hetherington) who made Restrepo (haven't seen it yet) was killed in Libya.
                    "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• If you want a good read on the crisis, check out The Big Short by Michael Lewis, also a must read
                      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Just saw "Kill the Irishman"

for those of you into Gangster movies I recommend it.

Comment

• Due Date was not very good.

Comment

• Due Date kind of takes a page from Plane Trains and Automobiles. I thought it would be a lot better but I still thought it was funny.

Highlight Spoiler.. I loved this quote..Sonny, you will be sorely missed, you little bat-faced piece of shit!
                            [he then spits on Sonny]
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Will try to go see "Rio" as it looks like a cute movie this weekend or next!
                              Memorial Day 2018!

Comment

• Saw two Oscar contenders - The Kings Speech and Black Swan. Both were very good and worthy of their awards. Black Swan was intense. I actually covered my eyes during some of the hallucination scenes and peeked through my fingers.
                                "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

Working...
                                X