No announcement yet.

Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I HATED Man on Wire. God that guys was such a douche. Put so many people at risk, and for what??

Dick.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Yeah he was. I still found the story interesting and what an unimaginable feat. To walk on a tightrope between the towers!

But one of the first things he did when he came down was cheat on his girlfriend and he fractured the friendship with the guy who stayed up all night to run the wire across the building and who spent months helping him prepare. I came away thinking how I find people who drink up life as an art form tend to have an ambiguous moral code.
      "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• I found Man on Wire fascinating for all those same reasons, Rommy.

Comment

• Just watch Limitless on beetle......very entertaining, I really enjoyed it.

Comment

• Which apparently is more than can be said for the schmucks who paid to see Charlie Sheen
            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
              Which apparently is more than can be said for the schmucks who paid to see Charlie Sheen
              lol, yeah I hear that didnt go over so well.. really what were people expecting tho? nothing about that show makes me want to pay $70+ to watch a non standup actor talk about nothing.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I saw Up in the Air last night. It was pretty good. The scene where the girl's boyfriend breaks up with her and Clooney's reaction to it is pretty funny.

Comment

• I hear that didnt go over so well.. really what were people expecting tho? nothing about that show makes me want to pay $70+ to watch a non standup actor talk about nothing.
                  People (blah), they give him a standing ovation, then things got boring and then ugly. I don't think it takes a genius to know that he was just going to rant through this much as his multiple interviews. Other calling him a loser? Really? Who just paid money to see (a loser) who has never done stand up? Best line was Sheen tell a heckler "already got your money dude".

Comment

• I'm guessing the crowd was mostly over 30 which could account for him getting out of there ok. Had it been teens and early 20's it could have got ugly. Imagine 4500 drunk Tanes (all texting while rioting) . Need I say more?
                    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• all texting while rioting

lol I'll bet kids are in a big hurry to get sex over with so they can text, or are they texing while doing it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                        I saw Up in the Air last night. It was pretty good. The scene where the girl's boyfriend breaks up with her and Clooney's reaction to it is pretty funny.
                        The movie itself was average but Clooney has a bunch of scenes like that where his expressions are priceless. He had some decent rants in it too.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I also read on IMDB where some of the reactions to being fired were actually people that were fired in recent months. So they put'em on film and told them to tell how they were feeling. I believe the real ones were the takes that Clooney wasnt shown in the room with them.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• if you like the Beatles and/or a good conspiracy theory, I highly recommend the documentary "Paul McCartney Really Is Dead: The Last Testament of George Harrison." I don't necessarily believe it, but it certainly is fun to ponder!
                            "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• I always loved all theses clues and such, even though it was just a hoax. I had a magazine once pointing out all the clues as a kid, and there are many. I remember being frighten by some listening to albums backwards. lol

'Paul McCartney Really Is Dead: The Last Testament of George Harrison (2010)' Has terrible reviews from everyone I have read. Tapes re-spoken by someone who was supposed to sound like George. Still I could watch it, and probably enjoy it.

Comment

• yes, the narrator is definitely not George Harrison. I had never heard of it until we watched it, so I didn't go into it with any preconceived notions, but I am a huge Beatles fan, so I would have watched it either way. I found it highly entertaining, not only seeing all of the "clues" but the general premise of the story. I don't necessarily buy their premise, but found it to be an enjoyable piece of biographical fiction.
                                "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

Working...
                                X