No announcement yet.

Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is a prime example of what happens when you pay the special effects guys far more than the writers.
    Seems like that is what people like in movies these days.

Comment

• this is a prime example of what happens when you pay the special effects guys far more than the writers.
      Pretty much every bruckheimer film
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Bruckheimer films (most not all) have just enough story to get you from action scene to action scene......Sucker Punch didn't. It was counting on skantly clad women to get you through. Slutty looking women wearing very little clothing is very nice, don't get me wrong, but not as a complete substitute for coherent plot.

Plus the action scenes had entirely too much slow-mo. You come to expect that from a Snyder film....but he made it work in the 300 and watchmen. He didn't pull it off here IMO.

Comment

• New General Question

Best Remake Movie

Worst Remake Movie

Best - The Postman always rings twice

Worst - The Pink Panther

Your submissions please?
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Best....Scarface (though I give "the Thing" an honorable mention for an 80's horror film)

Worst.....clash of the titans

Comment

• I just watched The American and I didn't think it was that bad. It seemed to have a European style to it (not just because it was shot in Italy). I've seen a couple of European movies and this seemed similar in tone.

Comment

• Best remake.. Oceans 11, Italian Job or Cape Fear..

Worst.. There's a long list here but I might as well go with The Longest Yard.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Planet of the Apes I think is the worst

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                    I just watched The American and I didn't think it was that bad. It seemed to have a European style to it (not just because it was shot in Italy). I've seen a couple of European movies and this seemed similar in tone.
                    Clooney is one of those guys who seems to always pick very slow movies...I've always thought he was a good guy but other than the Oceans moves I don't like his stuff.

Russell Crowe is on the other side of the spectrum for me.....guy seems like a prick every time you see him interviewed but I like damn near every movie he makes.

Comment

• Best remake.. Oceans 11, Italian Job or Cape Fear..
                      Agreed on Oceans and Cape Fear. I loved the original Italian Job. It had a nice sense of humor about it as well as the awesome bit with the original minis. Unfortunately I thought the remake was very flat compared to it.

Thomas Crown affair is another good remake Rene Russo is awesome in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                        Thomas Crown affair is another good remake Rene Russo is awesome in it.
                        Ahhhh. I forgot about Thomas Crown. That was good.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Recently seen:

Unstoppable - very enjoyable thrill ride.

Man on Wire - very interesting documentary about Philippe Petit's high wire walk between the twin towers of the World Trade Center on August 7, 1974.

The Pat Tillman Story - another interesting documentary illuminating how the gov't lies and the press misleads. I loved how the family fought for the truth and to educate people on who Pat really was and that he was not who the press made him out to be. Favorite part was the father's legal letter to the heads of the military accusing them of lies and deception:

"In sum: fuck you......and yours."

Heh...
                          "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• Unstoppable was good? I like the cast but a movie about an out of control train just didnt sound like something thats watchable.. Hmmm. I guess I'll check it out.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I'll wait for cable but I'll at least watch it now

Comment

• I admit it had me on the edge of my seat but don't get me wrong, it wasn't at all deep (especially the characters) and it was somewhat predictable and the end was cheesy, but still....I really liked it.
                                "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

Working...
                                X