No announcement yet.

Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw The Fighter yesterday.....very good movie.

Bale and the lady who won best supporting were totally deserving of Osacars

I think Mark Walberg is the Clint Eastwood of this generation......never going to win best actor but people love his movies.....and he's slowly turning into a powerhouse on the other side of the camera.

Comment

• I had a much higher opinion of Wallberg till I went and looked up his filmography.
      He's been in a lot of mediocre movies and a few good ones.
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• The Other Guys was so bad.

Comment

• ESPN's 30 for 30-great movies, i watched THE U, Once brothers and Two Escobars, really awesome
          http://www.scribd.com/doc/7781751/Osijek-In-Your-Pocket

Comment

• The USFL one was the best. Pony Excess was really good too. I did like the one on the Fab Five too (although it wasn't technically part of the 30 for 30 group).

Comment

• The Marcus Dupree once was very good. Ricky Williams? meh,
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Yeah I liked the Dupree story as well
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I haven't seen "Who killed the USFL?", "The Band That Wouldn't Die", "Jimmy The Greek", "Silly Little Game", "The 16th Man", "Little Big Men", I refuse to watch "Steinbrenner" or "Four days in October" and haven't seen "Fernando Nation" yet also

Comment

• Of those I have seen, really liked Gretzky, Pony Excess, Marcus Dupree, Birth of big air, The U, Without Bias, and June 17 1994 (found that to be an amazing crossroads piece)

Comment

• Of those I have seen, really liked Gretzky, Pony Excess, Marcus Dupree, Birth of big air, The U, Without Bias, and June 17 1994 (found that to be an amazing crossroads piece)

Comment

• Just saw that they're doing another remake of "the Thing".

Judging by the cast they're looking to go the teenage horror route with it.......which is a major disappointment considering the previous versions. The John Carpender version with Kirk Russell was one of my favs growing up.
                        Last edited by Nick Pappageorgio; March 24, 2011, 09:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post
                          Saw The Fighter yesterday.....very good movie.

Bale and the lady who won best supporting were totally deserving of Osacars
                          I saw it last weekend and agree on both counts. One of the best movies I've seen in awhile.

Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                          I had a much higher opinion of Wallberg till I went and looked up his filmography.
                          He's been in a lot of mediocre movies and a few good ones.
                          Mark Wahlberg is one of the very few actors I liked less after seeing them on Inside the Actor's Studio. Two others are Amy Poehler and Michelle Pfeiffer.
                          "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• Recently saw Mammoth. It's one of those movies without a plot really...just follows a few intersecting storlines. It kept my attention. It felt authentic and more like I was a voyeur into other people's lives.
                            "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• Just got back from Sucker Punch........this is a prime example of what happens when you pay the special effects guys far more than the writers.

Awesome soundtrack......very visually appealing.......hot girls.....with machine guns....fighting zombies and dragons........totally and completely pointless.

I really liked 300 and Watchmen so I had kind of high expectations from Snyder on this one and it left me wanting (but on the upside Emily Browning's slutty sailor outfit gets shorter as the movie goes on and she looks good in it.....though I felt kinda like a DOM as the movie went on)
                              Last edited by Nick Pappageorgio; March 26, 2011, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X