No announcement yet.

Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The kitchen table scene was hilarious!
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Recent films I've seen in the last 2-3 weeks:
      "Gulliver's Travels" (4/10) ... "Little Fockers" (5/10) ... "Green Hornet" (6/10)... "127 Hours" (8/10) ... "Robin Hood" (6/10)

Nothing really special about any of them. Maybe now that I have seen so many movies, that I'm seeing the same story over and over.
      Typical.

Again, "Black Swan" is surprisingly the only movie that I have recently seen that is a must see. lol
      "Gulliver's Travels" is entertaining, but typical.
      "Green Hornet" is kind of awesome ... but typical. lol
      "Robin Hood" ... disappointing.
      Don't see "127 Hours" by the way. Its good (good directing), but a waste of 2 hours.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Ok im not going to knock anyone for liking the movie I seen last night. Paranormal Activity, I just can't believe this was popular a year or so ago?

I didn't want to watch it when it came out, but (its on cable now) sometimes I guess surprised, not this time, even worse than I thought it would be. Way worse! Not a single scary part, acting was unbelievably horrendous. Like watching a boring-bad-long-fake home movie with a bum in the night or a light gos on? If your scared of the dark, or 12 years old it might scare you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
          Don't see "127 Hours" by the way. Its good (good directing), but a waste of 2 hours.
          How can you give it 8 out of 10 and then tell us not to watch it?!
          "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• Originally posted by romster View Post
            How can you give it 8 out of 10 and then tell us not to watch it?!
            Because its not entertaining. Just well directed.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
              Ok im not going to knock anyone for liking the movie I seen last night. Paranormal Activity, I just can't believe this was popular a year or so ago?

I didn't want to watch it when it came out, but (its on cable now) sometimes I guess surprised, not this time, even worse than I thought it would be. Way worse! Not a single scary part, acting was unbelievably horrendous. Like watching a boring-bad-long-fake home movie with a bum in the night or a light gos on? If your scared of the dark, or 12 years old it might scare you.
              I liked it, but then I am "scared" of ghosties, and love atmospheric horror movies.

I also loved Paranormal activity 2...
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                Because its not entertaining. Just well directed.
                I guess we've got different rating systems. I wouldn't give a movie I didn't enjoy 8 out of 10 no matter how technically good the directing might have been.

Comment

• I liked it, but then I am "scared" of ghosties, and love atmospheric horror movies.
                  My sister believes in ghosts, lol I could see her scared of doors moving and lights turning on in the middle of the night. Just got my second season of Dexter -Yes!

Comment

• Unknown is a movie im interested in seeing, haven't seen any reviews yet. Liam Neeson is reminds me of a younger Harrison Ford.

Comment

• When I first saw the trailer for "Unknown", I thought it was "Taken 2" lol.
                      But yeah, I want to see it, Liam is awesome!
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Went to see on Monday The Social Network, really like it.

When it's a David Dincher's movie I always have high expectations, between my favourites ever are Seven, Fight Club, The Game and the Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

And really think that Jesse Eisenberg deserves his oscar nomination.
                        Gamer dad, like a normal dad, only much cooler / Gamers don't die they respawn
                        🎮 PSN: Thiaugux - 🏆 125 Platinum Trophies
                        https://psnprofiles.com/Thiaugux

Comment

• Saw "The Kings Speech."

Probably the best acting of a movie I've seen this year.
                          But I don't think its better than "Inception", "Black Swan." ...
                          The scenes in the movie were just too long, and there were some awkward camera shots of people's faces (mainly Geoffrey Rush).
                          Colin Firth was REALLY good.

... I don't want to see it again. Kind of Boring?

I would simply call it this year's "Revolutionary Road."
                          8/10
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Gotta see all those flicks. Watched The Social Network and was waaaaaaaaaaay impressed. This has to be qualified with the fact that my expectations were low. Still... exceptionally well done.

Gotta see Black Swan and The Kings Speech. I'll be back later!

Comment

• Tonight I'm going to see the rite with some friends from work, will update after!
                              I don't even know if I am ready to talk about it.....

Comment

• Loved the rite, very good movie!!
                                I don't even know if I am ready to talk about it.....

Comment

Working...
                                X