Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow.

Hot Tub Time Machine seemed like it was written in 20 minutes over a beer and a joint.

I watched it while visiting my Dad and was really embarrassed. Especially when they went on an f-word rampage for about 10 minutes. I don't mind the f-word at all (as most here know), but it was overdone and needless.

Also thought the acting was really, really, ridiculously bad. Cusack in particular.
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Watched "Up in the Air" last night. Really good flick, fun and a little sad with Clooney at his charming best and a great supporting cast. Best movie I've seen in awhile.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
        Watched "Up in the Air" last night. Really good flick, fun and a little sad with Clooney at his charming best and a great supporting cast. Best movie I've seen in awhile.
        yup, from what I remember, it was a pretty good movie.
        ... 8/10 Rating
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I really liked it too.

I recently saw Temple Grandin. Claire Danes won the Best Actress Emmy for TV Mini-Series or Movie. It was well deserved. What a fascinating and cool story about Temple Grandin's early life - her college years mostly.

Temple Grandin (born August 27, 1947) is an American doctor of animal science and professor at Colorado State University, bestselling author, and consultant to the livestock industry in animal behavior. As a person with high-functioning autism, Grandin is also widely noted for her work in autism advocacy and is the inventor of the hug machine designed to calm hypersensitive persons.
          "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• The hug machine! That's what my dog is!

Very cool. Saw Danes win her award not too long ago and added that movie to my queue.
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
              Wow.

Hot Tub Time Machine seemed like it was written in 20 minutes over a beer and a joint.

I watched it while visiting my Dad and was really embarrassed. Especially when they went on an f-word rampage for about 10 minutes. I don't mind the f-word at all (as most here know), but it was overdone and needless
              LOL, Deb!! Yeah, Hot Tub Time Machine doesn't really seem like the type of flick I'd want to watch with my folks.....

:-D
              AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Well, he and his wife liked "The Hangover." I figured they could handle this one too. But it was BAD!
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by romster View Post
                  I really liked it too.

I recently saw Temple Grandin. Claire Danes won the Best Actress Emmy for TV Mini-Series or Movie. It was well deserved. What a fascinating and cool story about Temple Grandin's early life - her college years mostly.
                  Temple Grandin was superb. It was a very very moving story that I was glad to have watched.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I'm gonna break down and go see JackAss 3D.. Generally I wouldnt waste my time seeing it at the movies but I'm really excited for the 3D aspect.

Anyone see the new Wall Street?
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• After reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, I checked out the movie. I thought they did a good job condensing the book into 2.5 hours. They also did a good job with casting. The Lisbeth character was spot on. The girl they've cast for the american version looks too feminine for the role. Maybe they'll butch her up a bit.
                      "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• Lisbeth won the swedish oscar if I'm not mistaken.

I thought the movie was well done. I didn't read the book, but Ms. Slf said it was a pretty good adaptation.
                        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Loved Secretariat as it is based on the last ever Triple Crown Winner from thirty-seven years and counting so far. Best movie I have ever seen!
                          Memorial Day 2018!

Comment

• Originally posted by Passepartout View Post
                            Best movie I have ever seen!
                            lol What?

I didn't see this movie, but I will assume the horse movie that I did see, "Seabiscuit", is much better ... & that isn't even one of the Top 100 in my opinion.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I'm with you on Seabiscuit, Cody. Although I'm looking forward to Secretariat, if it's well crafted it may be another excellent sports move to compliment the Biscuit.

Comment

• I REALLY want to see the new Clint Eastwood movie "Hereafter."
                                Every Eastwood directed movie that I've seen has been really good (Gran Torino, Changeling, Letters from Iwo Jima, Million Dollar Baby, Mystic River)
                                10/10 or 9/10 for all of those movies...

Can't wait!
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X