No announcement yet.

Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow. He had a pretty hot sex scene in an outside shower in The Wackness.
    "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• He was heavy in "Special."
      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I recently saw a interesting little documentary Operation Filmaker. From Netflix:

After hearing about the struggles of Iraqi film student Muthana Mohmed, American actor Liev Schreiber invites him to come to the Czech Republic and work on Schreiber's directorial debut, Everything Is Illuminated. But things don't go as smoothly as planned when cultural clashes and unrealistic expectations arise. Filmmaker Nina Davenport follows Mohmed and records his experiences in this fascinating documentary.

Mohmed was offered an internship on Liev Shreiber's movie and on day one he didn't like it because it was about being a go-fer and he said a day in Iraq was more interesting. I had to work hard to suspend my own cultural beliefs of hard work = success. Clearly, that was not how Mohmed viewed life. He was an opportunist at every step of the way, expecting people to do for him by giving him money and helping him obtain visas. He never worked hard or considered getting a job in order to make his life better. It was interesting to see American people hear of his story and want to help him succeed but these people hadn't seen what the documentarian had seen of him demanding help/money and not trying to help himself.

It really hit home for me that Americans assume that everyone else in the world has or should have our values of work hard to get what you want. Clearly that is not the case in many other cultures. And while I think our culture is superior, I recognize it's all I know and had I been raised in another culture, I would feel differently.

I ended up not caring much for Mohmed.

Comment

• I just recently watched Appaloosa, for a movie I was really looking forward to seeing I was so disappointed. For me it was like watching a dog chase his tail for 2 hours, it just didn't go anywhere or do anything. I thought Irons Harris and Zellewagger did a pretty piss poor acting job, I thought Viggo was good I just couldn't get over how much they made him look like Doc Holiday. As far as westerns I have seen I would rank them as follows 1.Tombstone 2. Open Range 3. 3:10 to Yuma then Appaloosa, I know a lot of you are going to say where is Unforgiven to be honest I have never seen it before shocking I know I will have to put it in my Netflix queue.

Comment

• I think I'm going to see Slumdog Millionaire this Friday.

Comment

• I saw Slumdog Millionaire last night and it was pretty good. There were a couple of disgusting scenes though.

Comment

• 3:10 to Yuma is in your top westerns Speed? Uhhhhhh, man I thought that movie was piss poor. The acting was great but the story sucked balls. It was like a movie about a charity case.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• My top western movie list would be

1A Tombstone
                  1B Unforgiven
                  3 Dances With Wolves (does this fall under westerns?)
                  4 Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid
                  5 Open Range
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• How do you guys leave Young Guns or A man Called Horse out of your best western list?
                    Your right! Matty Boy will save us all!!

Comment

• Young Guns is in my Top 5.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                        My top western movie list would be

1A Tombstone
                        1B Unforgiven
                        3 Dances With Wolves (does this fall under westerns?)
                        4 Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid
                        5 Open Range
                        Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                        Young Guns is in my Top 5.
                        Uuuuhhhh........Where?

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiTreo3 View Post
                          Uuuuhhhh........Where?
                          JaAdam4 has a hard time with top 5 lists LOL. Here's his top 5 all time list
                          1. Braveheart
                          2. The Notebook
                          3. A Few Good Men
                          4. Pulp Fiction
                          5A. Stand By Me
                          5B. The Matrix
                          5C. Shawshank Redemption
                          5D. Fight Club
                          5E. Forrest Gump
                          5F. The Pianist

Comment

• Originally posted by spdrcr557 View Post
                            JaAdam4 has a hard time with top 5 lists LOL. Here's his top 5 all time list
                            1a. Brokeback Mountain
                            1b. Braveheart
                            2. The Notebook
                            3. A Few Good Men
                            4. Pulp Fiction
                            5A. Stand By Me
                            5B. The Matrix
                            5C. Shawshank Redemption
                            5D. Fight Club
                            5E. Forrest Gump
                            5F. The Pianist

FIFY

Comment

• Jaadam has a hard time with a lot of things...but then he takes a picture of a cheetah and that makes it all better.
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I hardly notice the cheetah in the picture.

Tom, I'm looking forward to Slumdog Millionaire.

Saw The Express, about Ernie Davis, the first black football player to receive the Heisman trophy. I really liked it as it's my favorite kind of story which I've said a million times on this forum. Heh. However, it was lacking a certain je ne c'est quoi.

It was nice to see Rob Brown again, having not seen him in a prominent role since Finding Forrester

Comment

Working...
                                X