Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Tilda Swinton was great as the White Witch."

I thought so too. I read the whole series as a kid and I was eager to see it when it came out although I am kind of lukewarm on CGI. I still have not seen Prince Caspian.

Comment

• I did not care for Narnia at all. I thought all the children were annoying and the story was just blah. I haven't read the books in a long time, but even as a kid I was not drawn into them and I don't think I got past the 2nd one, and I'm a sci-fi/fantasy fan.

Comment

• Just watched Zodiac on Showtime last night. I really liked it. Finch directed it perfectly I thought; the accuracy of the film was also pretty impeccable according to the case history.

I thought the best performance was given by Mark Ruffalo (Detective Toschi), even more so than either Gyllenhal or Downey Jr.
        AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
          "Tilda Swinton was great as the White Witch."

I thought so too. I read the whole series as a kid and I was eager to see it when it came out although I am kind of lukewarm on CGI. I still have not seen Prince Caspian.

Hey everyone I finally got my internet back (I know it's been forever). I really liked the first one and thought the previews for Prince Caspian looked really good. I saw it about a week ago and while I wouldn't say it was bad it wasn't as good as I expected, the previews make it look darker than it really was. The battle sequences were way worse than the first ones as well which really disappointed me. Again I wouldn't say it was bad, but if you were just luke warm on the first one you probably wouldn't like this one much.

Speaking of sequels, I saw Hellboy 2 a week or so ago and thought it was much much better than the first one. If you saw Del Toro's other flick Pan's Labyrinth and liked it I think you would like this as well. HB2 bigger variety of weird creatures this time around which I thought was cool.

Comment

• Welcome back speedster!
            "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• Movies I've seen recently:

The Dark Knight - It lived up to the hype, most especially Heath Ledger's performance. It's a busy and long movie; I need to see it again because I'm sure I missed a lot of stuff. The special effects and cinematography are awesome and I wish I'd seen it on the big screen.

Hancock - Entertaining. They did a good job not giving too much away in the trailers.

Burn After Reading - A disappointment. While there were a few good Coen moments and the actors did a good job with what they had, it was generally a bad movie.

Comment

• I thought Hancock was pretty disappointing. The whole storyline with Charlize Theron was kind of dumb.

Saw Marley and Me the other day. Of course the book is better, but they did a pretty good job with the film.
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I have a dumb question. Can you play regular DVDs on a Blu-Ray player?

Comment

• Yes.
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I think that the ones that I have been reading about have that capability. I didn't think that was going to be the case, but I think you can.

(how's that for a shitty answer? Ha!)

This link says yes...

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• We watched Burn After Reading on Christmas, really enjoyed it, of course we're all huge Coen fans so we're a bit jaded.

I've recently discovered redbox, I rented Lions for Lambs, quite disappointed, if you're going to make a movie where you attempt to make a statement, then have a point.

I watched Get Smart today, that was a hoot, some of the outtakes in it were just hilarious.

Tropic Thunder was pretty funny too.
                        Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Saw Benjamin Button yesterday. I'm not sure what to say about it. The movie was done well. And Brad Pitt is beautiful. I would love to see how they made him look YOUNGER. That was a trip. But I imagine most would categorize the movie as a chick flick. It was long, it was emotional, not a lot happened.
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Tropic Thunder was pretty funny too

I thought it was funny too. Quite a few laugh out loud moments and some good lines to quote...
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I heard Benjamin Buttons was amazing, when I saw the trailer for it I was pretty fascinated with it, I do intend to see it soon. I wasn't aware until the other day that it was originally a short story by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
                              Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Frank, it really was well done and has an interesting premise.
                                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X