No announcement yet.

Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think in this case it was Arkin getting it because of his body of work. Djimon (deemon) Hansou hasn't been around that long. That's it as near as I can figure it Rom! I agree with you that Blood Diamond was an excellent flick!

Comment

• I thought Hounsou was good but I thought completely overshadowed by DiCaprio in Blood Diamond.

Comment

• DiCaprio was very good. He was also very good in The Departed. I look for him to win an Oscar one day for sure.

Thanks Zilla for the opinion and for deemon.
        "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• You're quite welcome, fair lady! :-)

Comment

• Blood Diamond was awesome. Leo has turned into a great actor.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I just finished watching Blood Diamond today. That was really good.

The scene where that guy was shooting up Solomon's son with drugs almost made me cry. I don't usually get emotional watching movies but the thought of this nice young boy being ripped from his family and then being corrupted like that just really made me sick.

It doesn't help that I have two young nephews and many cousins that are close to his age.

Comment

• I watched Apocalypto last night. WOW. Mel Gibson did an amazing job with it. I loved it.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Saw Pirates 3 last night. I was disappointed. It was too long and too busy and not all that interesting until the end with the big battle scene. In case you haven't heard, there's a last scene at the end of the credits which relates to the very first scene in the movie and sets up the potential for another sequel.

Comment

• A p.s. to my post on Pirates...

I dug how Keira Knightley kicked butt. Yea for a strong female character.

Comment

• A guy at work said Pirates 3 was great but I'm not sure I agree with him on movies.

Comment

• My expectations were high. I wanted to be wowed. And the second half was very good. And even though the first half had good moments, I thought it took them too long to lay down the exposition. The film is 2:58. Regardless, if you're a fan of the series, it's a must see.

Comment

• And I didn't like how the Calypso story line unfolded. I liked her better when she was more mysterious and less involved in the plot.

Comment

• If anybody's interested, The Dark Knight, the sequel to Batman Begins, shot some scenes in what amounted to my backyard yesterday and last night. We have an enclosed parking lot/alley between our cluster of brownstones and walkups and they used it to film scenes at "Lt. Gordon's" house (if you recall the scene from the first movie when he's talking to Gordon as he takes his trash out, our setup is very similar).

The scenes were nothing substantial, but we saw Christian Bale in the batsuit film a quick scene, and Gary Oldman as Gordon film a couple of scenes. Really fascinating stuff watching the crew, director (Christopher Nolan) and everybody working on these very simple shots. There was so much equipment and prep work for what's likely to amount to no more than a couple of minutes of film, if it even makes it to the screen.

Overall, just a cool thing. And we got paid too!

Comment

• For use of your property?

Comment

• They took over the entire alley, placed lights in bunch of windows and on the roof, took up all the parking spaces, closed down the one way street on the block, had trucks and trailers running all over the place, and they were working all day Wendesday and early Thursday through 1:30 Friday morning. Everybody in the adjoining buildings got a nice little check for the inconvenience. It was just $250, but it's always nice to get money without doing anything.

Although, my buddy who works on movies said we should have held out for more. Given tight shooting schedules, the likely would have ponied up a good chunk more just to avoid any hassles.

Comment

Working...
                                X