No announcement yet.

Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I got tired of seeing someone with their cellphone on ruining the movie with their constant chatter and wanting to upload either the movie or their reaction to it in real time, without caring one bit what the rest of the people in the theatre felt about his (or her) messing up the movie experience for everybody else.
    -----------------------------------------------------People are so rude and unconscious of their surroundings. Drivers are another great example. Just in their own little world not caring about anyone else. Cellphones definitely add to shitty drivers repertoire.

GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• I still go to the cinema all the time to watch movies
      WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post

Cellphones to me hastened the end of most adults going to the theatre, long before Covid-19.

I got tired of seeing someone with their cellphone on ruining the movie with their constant chatter and wanting to upload either the movie or their reaction to it in real time, without caring one bit what the rest of the people in the theatre felt about his (or her) messing up the movie experience for everybody else.

Now, I'll either go buy the Blu-ray/DVD of a movie I wanted to watch, or rent the digital.

No long lines for snacks, no sticky floors from spilled drinks, and no annoying kids.

And, I can pause or playback a scene if I want to if I had to go to the restroom or wanted to rewatch an important scene.
        I only go to the theatre when a movie's visuals need that big screen. Dune 2 was like that. I would love to see Dune 1 in the theatre. When I do go, it's usually going to be IMAX.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
          I still go to the cinema all the time to watch movies
          Same

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
            I still go to the cinema all the time to watch movies
            Too expensive and the food is outrageous. I'll stay at home and watch it on my big screen a year later and I can be as loud as I want.
            GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Use the Fandango app to see how many seats are available in a theater before deciding to go. Empty theater = a good experience. Excluding those must see opening weekend movies where it will be a full crowd… such as Dune 2.

Though like I said a few months ago, the Los Angeles theater crowd during my IMAX re-watch viewing of Dune 2 was so polite and considerate. People that respect film that live there. Wish there was an IMAX theater around where I currently live… sad not to have one!
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The trailer for the new Salems Lot looks kind of creepy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                  The trailer for the new Salems Lot looks kind of creepy.
                  I can't watch horror movies. They creep me out and I get spooked so bad that I don't like to be home alone.

(If jaadam4 was around he would call me a pussy. Probably an old pussy)
                  Last edited by CGVT; September 12, 2024, 11:38 PM.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

I can't watch horror movies. They creep me out and I get spooked so bad that I don't like to be home alone.

Pussy.

(you're welcome)

Comment

• I get pretty scared too. I’ve made a few exceptions. I remember being too afraid to watch the original TV movie from the 70s.

Comment

• I like the old horror movies of the 80s but if it gets too gory, I'm out. I probably haven't watched one in the 21st century.

Comment

• Rebel Ridge on Netflix is a pretty good “man done wrong and fights back” flick. Drags a little bit in a couple of spots but overall I really liked it. Different than I expected, not a shoot’em up style movie but more of a slow burn.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Way back a zillion years ago my best friend and his girlfriend took me to see Poltergeist (I was recovering from jaw surgery). The next day I was down in the basement and hadn't turned the lights on yet and got creeped out thinking "man I don't want to be here". Only movie that ever affected me like that. Only other movie was Dawn of the Dead but it didn't creep me out I just felt nauseas.
                            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Horror is my favorite genre. I would argue it is the genre that live action film is best suited for delivering. And it is the reliable backstop when other genres falter at the box office. Small independent studios pay the bills with horror and many directors cut their teeth making horror films.

Preference is preference, but I'd encourage folks to not stereotype modern horror as all being like the 80s slashers. Give some of the "elevated horror" films a chance. You might be surprised how artistic, thematic, and relevant modern horror can be.

Comment

Working...
                              X