No announcement yet.

Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL at politics being some new influence on entertainment. It’s as old as the medium itself.

Comment

• I'm not a big comic book guy myself, but I know the deeper you go into the Marvel bench you get more characters who are deeply political. That's why I generally stay away from them, I'm staying in my safe space tonight of non-political movies to go watch Dune 2.

​​

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        I'm not a big comic book guy myself, but I know the deeper you go into the Marvel bench you get more characters who are deeply political. That's why I generally stay away from them, I'm staying in my safe space tonight of non-political movies to go watch Dune 2.

​​
        Attached Files
        "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• IMG_9698.jpg

Comment

• Dune 2 rocked!

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

You realize that most comic books movies deal with politics right?

I mean just in Marvel properties ....

Spider-Man 1 and 2
              X-Men 1-3 and X-Men: Days of Future Past
              Avengers 1 and 2
              Captain America 1-3
              Ms. Marvel (TV Series)
              ​​​​​
              all deal with political themes.
              Spider-Man/Xmen/Avengers/Captain America - I'll agree with "themes" - but all were more focused on telling Stan Lee's comic book based stories and good acting. That's what made (most) Fox owned Marvel movies as good as they were. "Woke" Disney owned marvel has ruined the brand.
              Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Coop View Post

Spider-Man/Xmen/Avengers/Captain America - I'll agree with "themes" - but all were more focused on telling Stan Lee's comic book based stories and good acting. That's what made (most) Fox owned Marvel movies as good as they were. "Woke" Disney owned marvel has ruined the brand.
                What are you talking about? If there’s not 2-3 trans people in major roles it’s not a Super Hero movie. And you can’t say woke around here. They’ll come out with their pride flags and want to protest something
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Love the “Office Space” reference.
                  Re-watched that movie a few months ago and it of course holds as a classic comedy.

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  Dune 2 rocked!
                  Nice.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• LOL at the X-Men not being political. Whoosh!

Comment

Can you give me some examples? I honestly don’t understand the complaint
                      "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

From time to time we receive letters from readers who wonder why there’s so much moralizing in our mags. They take great pains to point out that comics are supposed to be escapist reading and nothing more. But somehow, I can’t see it that way. It seems to me that a story without a message, however subliminal, is like a man without a soul.

-Stan Lee
                        Stan Lee was “woke”

Comment

• He literally had a feature in his comic books called "Stan's Soapbox", I think that is where that quote came from. You can even buy the collection of all of his pontifications.

Comment

• I think you have to search for a Captain America issue that is free of politics. I mean, it's right in the name! He was a Jack Kirby co-creation not really Stan Lee. Red Skull is a fascist.

In the 50's the Cap was Captain America Commie Smasher.

Comment

• Marvel has always always always been a Woke organization. Hell the mutant issues of X-Men, was supposed to be an allegory of racism and jim crowe treatment of PoC. Outside the 90-2010s with the over sexualization of the women in marvel comics, marvel spent a lot of time even in that time fighting racism, sexism, political issues, gender issues, even politicized diseases (Xmen had a disease that was an allegory to AIDs).

Comment

• 399686409_3510811765837952_1690671439706922072_n.jpg
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X