No announcement yet.

Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonathan Majors was found guilty of assault and it sounds like Marvel dropped him. I guess they’re going to recast the role of Kang. I really liked him in the role but I heard a recording of him and the dude has a major ego issue.

Comment

• The Iron Claw is really good. Great wrestling sequences, and strong performances across the board from all the main characters; but definitely not a feel good movie if that’s what you are looking for. Not surprising of course, but if you’re not familiar with the Von Erich story, beware. The one big flaw was the guy they had play Ric Flair, who gives one of the worst Ric Flair promos you’ll ever see. Though he makes up for it a bit with a post match locker room bit that is much better.

Also saw Godzilla Minus 1 and it was excellent. If you are a fan of the original classic, Japanese post war nuclear threat Godzilla movies, highly recommend. First hour is a bit heavy on the drama, but it pays off in the 2nd hour.

Comment

• Wait!! That’s a wrestling movie and not a legal drama?
        Attached Files
        "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
          The Iron Claw is really good. Great wrestling sequences, and strong performances across the board from all the main characters; but definitely not a feel good movie if that’s what you are looking for. Not surprising of course, but if you’re not familiar with the Von Erich story, beware. The one big flaw was the guy they had play Ric Flair, who gives one of the worst Ric Flair promos you’ll ever see. Though he makes up for it a bit with a post match locker room bit that is much better.

Also saw Godzilla Minus 1 and it was excellent. If you are a fan of the original classic, Japanese post war nuclear threat Godzilla movies, highly recommend. First hour is a bit heavy on the drama, but it pays off in the 2nd hour.
          The big flaw was the guy who played Kerry ... I don't think so

But yeah both good movies
          WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by mason reese View Post
            Wait!! That’s a wrestling movie and not a legal drama?
            lol
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Wonka was really good and I’ve never been a fan of Roald Dahl
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Yeah it wasn't bad at all. I haven't watched many of that Chalamet guy's movies ... but it's clear he's a good actor
                WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                  Yeah it wasn't bad at all. I haven't watched many of that Chalamet guy's movies ... but it's clear he's a good actor
                  I generally dislike him as an actor but he was the best Wonka I’ve seen. Johnny Depp played some really cartoony weird version. This one was cool but still different. I really liked the movie
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Chalamet is going to be one of the biggest acting stars over the next couple of decades. He’s a special talent.

“Oldboy” (2003) was added to Netflix 2 days ago. I dare someone else to watch it and go through the mind-blowing/ sick experience … 😆

Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                    Yeah I really want to see it. Heard some people say it’s the best movie of 2023.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I’ve only seen the Josh Borlin Old Boy and I’ve heard it pales in comparison.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Finally saw the latest Indiana Jones. I really wish they ended the franchise after The Last Crusade.

Comment

haven’t watched Godzilla Minus 1 yet, but I have been watching “Monarch: Legacy of Monsters” on Apple TV. It takes place in the same “MonsterVerse” as the Godzilla movies. It’s pretty good.
                          "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• Originally posted by BJK View Post
                            Finally saw the latest Indiana Jones. I really wish they ended the franchise after The Last Crusade.
                            I loved the Last crusade. I’ll never watch the latest piece of crap. I can’t believe Harrison Ford agreed to be in that crap from the script alone.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I liked the last Indy movie, but it's hard to pick up a character 15 years after the last movie. I felt people made up their mind before they watched the movie.

Comment

Officially seeing Godzilla: Minus One on Friday. No color version.

Based on what everyone has said, totally anticipating it to be one of the best films of 2023.
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X