Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
    Maybe. I didn’t care for the first two Thor movies. But I saw the 3rd one first which was awesome and it probably made the first one look worse than it was.
    I haven't see Ragnarok. I loved the first Thor movie. Kenneth Brannagh took the material seriously. I thought Hemsworth and Portman had very good chemistry. I thought Darcy (I forget the actress name) stole the scenes she was in.

I did see Love and Thunder and thought it was a fine popcorn movie. Bale was very good as Gor (though man I wish they would have given him more to do--Gor is truly terrifying in the comics). Again Portman and Hemsworth were very good together. They leaned in a little too much on the comedy side of things, but given that Korg is the narrator of the movie I can forgive it. I liked that Jane Foster wound up in Valhalla, because she deserved and it leaves the door open for her character (I doubt Portman ever comes back) to come back as Valkyrie.

The problem the the MCU has when Avengers 5 comes around is that no one (outside of Loki) is aware of the threat Kang is presenting. Lang and Co. know of Kang but figure the threat is over now.

I think everything was setting for Chadwick to be the next leader of the Avengers but with his passing there is a big hole left. The Avengers are going to lack a tactical planner nad will be missing ALOT of big hitters (Iron Man, T'Challa being deal. Steve Rogers being old). Captain Marvel is probably in deep space. Wanda is gone for a long time. Who knows where Vision will be in the first part of Avengers./Kang. I highly doubt Pepper Potts will be suiting up as Rescue.

so you have a possible lineup of

Loki
    Thor
    Ant-Man and Wasp
    Dr. Strange (maybe Wong)
    Falcon Cap
    Bucky
    Hulk

with other longshot possibiliites

She-Hulk
    Shuri
    Spectrum/Photon (Monica Rambeau)
    Ms. Marvel
    Namor (real longshot)
    Ironheart (Riri Williams)
    Valkyrie
    Hercules (a real long long shot)
    Groot
    Rocket Racoon

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post

But he has Amazon-Prime (i don’t) and i rented “Play Misty for me” last night. Obviously saw it before about 35 years ago…… but holy shit. That must’ve been ahead of its time. Jessica Walter is SCARY AS FUUUUCK! (And was very good looking) Had to sleep with the light on after that sort of thing!
      Saw Poltergeist at the theater when it came out. The next day I went down to the basement and lights were off and I'm like "I don't want to be here"! Only movie to have affected me like that.
      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Yes, it'd be interesting to hear how the younger generation would rate this. And other 70s movies.

Remember years ago telling my kids "Duel" was awesome....., (Fuel Tanker film, Dennis Weaver, Spielberg directing)........., My kids: "Dad?? That was absolute crap."
        One of them left the room before it was even finished.
        A coworker and his wife would watch Duel all the time and make fun of it. Their own cult classic. "Geez I just passed a stupid rig a couple of times and the guy goes all to pieces".
        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Poltergeist still holds up today for scariness. That old guy with the black hat?? Holy fk. Imagine seeing him on your way for a leak @ 3am. Instant coronary.
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Poltergeist still holds up today for scariness. That old guy with the black hat?? Holy fk. Imagine seeing him on your way for a leak @ 3am. Instant coronary.
            I can't watch horror flicks. They freak me out and I start seeing ghosts. Ha!

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I started watching Big George Foreman Netflix with my dad. He was a huge boxing fan back in the day and he’s getting a kick out of the movie. It’s entertaining.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

I can't watch horror flicks. They freak me out and I start seeing ghosts. Ha!
                You ok with the gorey flicks. Texas Chainsaw and Freddie Kruger etc? Not a fan, but i’m ok with them.

It’s the paranormal stuff that really gets me crapping it.
                6 years ago, made the mistake of going to see Paranormal Activity 4 with my daughter. Security cameras all over the house. The kitchen with centre island, (center) ….. pots hanging above. Nothing moving in first 3 scenes here, …… one pot swinging in the next two …… the next scene, the pot slows down swinging but then drops onto the steel countertop.
                Oh my freakin God. Popcorn flew everywhere. Completely bricked it. I turned to look at my daughter……. She had on a hoodie…… hood was up and tied in front of her face! 🤦‍♂️
                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

You ok with the gorey flicks. Texas Chainsaw and Freddie Kruger etc? Not a fan, but i’m ok with them.

It’s the paranormal stuff that really gets me crapping it.
                  6 years ago, made the mistake of going to see Paranormal Activity 4 with my daughter. Security cameras all over the house. The kitchen with centre island, (center) ….. pots hanging above. Nothing moving in first 3 scenes here, …… one pot swinging in the next two …… the next scene, the pot slows down swinging but then drops onto the steel countertop.
                  Oh my freakin God. Popcorn flew everywhere. Completely bricked it. I turned to look at my daughter……. She had on a hoodie…… hood was up and tied in front of her face! 🤦‍♂️
                  My wife is the horror fan, but I usually avoid the genre. I've made exceptions for movies that were directed by a favorite director, like The Shining, or that had great reviews, like The Orphanage, but usually I steer clear. But, my wife kept at me at me to watch the Paranormal series with her and I finally relented. Believe I watched the first four, and, I thought they were well done, but damn, did they give me the heebie-jeebies.

And you best believe, at my insistence, that we sleep with the damn bedroom door closed.

Comment

• Horror has become my favorite genre over the past few years. Seems like the vast number of good low budget and/or independent films are horror. I like films that explore unique concepts which is why I gravitate towards horror and Scifi, and of course the two genres easy combine because they are heavily concept driven.

Comment

• I truly think it was more shocking to Captain Renault that there was gambling at Ricks American Cafe than this news.
                      “O.U.R. is dedicated to combatting sexual abuse, and does not tolerate sexual harassment or discrimination by anyone in its organization,” the organization tells VICE News. 

Comment

• Ah yes, Casablanca reference. Totally understand it now. (Well, as of 2 years ago because that’s when I saw the film for the first time…)

I did see an older film last night that might be up there as best watch in recent memory. Along with “Parasite” and “Oppenheimer.”

Incendies” (2010) Directed by Denis Villeneuve.
                        Very powerful and moving journey following a mother and her daughter in different timelines. Based on tragic historical events in Lebanon. I felt emotionally wrecked after watching it because some of the emotional scenes. The climatic reveal was insane. Just a damned great film. Not a film for everyone because it’s a slow burn in the first act and foreign language, but that doesn’t bother me. I’m a sucker for coming of age and narratives that can be this well done.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Here ya go Deb.

Screenshot_20231019-222304_Facebook.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post
                            I watched that for the first time a couple weeks ago ... in a theater
                            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• “Killers of the Flower Moon” is a great movie.
                              Paced pretty well given the runtime because there isn’t wasted air. The story that it’s based on is tragic with it’s greed and corruption. People can be evil and it’s a shame… I was mostly impressed with the actress that portrayed the Mollie character. DiCaprio and DeNiro also with acting performances that you would expect in a Scorsese film. Probably won’t watch it ever again, but that’s not a complaint. Glad I saw it. 2nd best film from 2023 so far IMO.
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• 2nd best? Whats #1
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X