No announcement yet.

Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw "the lives of others" yesterday. It's a german film with subtitles, but it is an amazing film.

It's about a East German secret police agent that is spying on an artist, and how that spying affects thier lives. It's really powerfully made.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Watched The Hills Have Eyes II this weekend. My girlfriend loves stupid scary movies. It wasn’t horribly scary but had some sick stuff in it. Not too bad tho.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The Good Shepherd is available to rent tomorrow. Anyone seen/liked it?
        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Can someone explain to me how to use the multiquote function? I'm clueless. I tagged several of the last posts to multiquote and have no idea how to make them show up in post to reply to. D'oh.
          "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• In summary,

SLF, same here on Fast Food Nation. Not at all what I was expecting. Jadaam, it was very good but very disturbing. Also, jadaam, heh heh about the Rocky spoiler. Oops. ;)

Zilla baby! Good to see ya. I remember Stimpy. That's sad he's gone. RIP Stimpy.

Rocky, The Good Shepherd is in my Netflix queue. I'm a tad worried about being bored with it.

Comment

• I thought The Good Shepherd was pretty good. It's a bit long though and I can see how people might get bored by it.

Does anyone know a good site for release dates?

I think the next movie I'm looking forward to is Spiderman 3. It looks good and I loved the 2nd one.

I just rented Thank You for Smoking. That was a pretty good movie. Children of Men was pretty good too. I know a lot of people don't think so but I think Julianne Moore is really pretty. I think it might be my love for redheads blinding me but she is just attractive.

I also rented Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut. (Blockbuster Online did not have it so I cancelled my membership and joined Netflix just to get this movie.) Supposedly, Bryan Singer based Superman Returns as a sequel to that movie. Well, I see all kinds of problems with that considering the ending of Richard Donner's version. But I tend to be pretty forgiving with my favorite franchises (Star Wars, Superman, Batman, Spiderman). I love the original Superman movie. And as a kid, I loved Superman II. Looking back at it, it seems pretty lame (Superman's mom suddenly becoming a character and the memory-erasing kiss) but I think it's better than the Richard Donner cut. That might be unfair considering the Richard Donner cut is an incomplete film but still.

Comment

• Saw the Good Shepherd and liked it. Definitely is for those who like that particular genre. My wife tried to watch it but couldn't stay awake. If it ain't comedy or The Notebook she's not interested.
                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I just saw Blades of Glory. It's about what I expected: some good laughs and some stupid/silly moments. Overall, I liked it.

Jenna Fischer has a pretty amazing rack. She keeps it well hidden on The Office.

I like Amy Poehler(sp?) in her supporting roles too. I thought she was good here and great as the "cool mom" in Mean Girls.

I was surprised at how many real skaters made appearances in this movie. I thought they would probably turn their noses up at it but I guess they have a sense of humor too.

Comment

• Finally saw The Departed. My feelings are so mixed. On one hand I really loved it. I mean I was afraid my expectations were too high what with it being Scorsese and him finally winning the Oscar. And then it started and I was loving it...totally drawn in and thinking it was totally meeting my expectations. But damn there were some serious flaws which took a movie that could have been a masterpiece and made it into just a great movie. The ending was a total disappointment. I guess it was a product of the writing - not sure - but it just kind of ruined things for me. After such great intrigue for 2 hours for them to just bulldoze through the end as if to say "oh shit we gotta end this let's just...." I can't finish the sentence for revealing too much but those who've seen it should get the jist of what I'm saying.

And Matt Damon's usage of his cell phone to call his Daddy was a tad unbelievable. He was working with men trained to be suspicious of everything and no one thought it weird he was making calls at those particular times to Pop? C'mon.

Comment

• I agree on the Departed. I really like the movie, but didnt like the ending at all.

Borat: Funny but not as funny as I was expecting based on all the hype. I cant see myself watching it over and over again... some comedies have that appeal... you flipping channles at night and you see one you have seen many times before but you find yourself watching it again.... thats not borat for me.
                      LionsRedZone.com

Comment

• Saw Fracture last night. Pretty darn good. Anthony Hopkins is AWESOME.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Also rented Fastfood Nation. Gonna watch it tonight.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I saw Fracture last weekend too jaadam. I thought it was good but not great. Ryan Gosling is my current favorite actor. Dude is so talented. I recently saw Half Nelson and he was superb in that.

Comment

• Gosling and Hopkins were amazing in Fracture. It wont win movie of the year but they had great chemistry.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I might be able to see Spiderman 3 this week. I'm curious if they can top Spiderman 2. I liked it more than the original and I rarely like sequels more than the original.

Comment

Working...
                                X