Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post

That seems typical for AMC unless we happen to use the same one occassionally. Everyone else including the hole in the wall mall theaters seem to have upgraded seats but not AMC.
    The standard digital theaters at this location have the cushy seats, but not the IMAX theater yet for some reason.
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I watched “Air” on Amazon Prime yesterday. Good movie (regardless of how you feel about Michael Jordan).

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
        We saw Guardians of the Galaxy 3 on IMAX 3D yesterday. It was a little long but pretty entertaining. I was surprised at the few moments that made me tear up! Loved the 3D aspect -- it seems much improved and not just a gimmick.

Downside was that the IMAX theater at this AMC location didn't have the upgraded cushy seats that every other theater in the world seems to have these days. It's hard to go back to the old school seating. My back did not like it at all.
        Looking forward to seeing it. I’ve only watched the new Spider-Man movies in Phase Four of the MCU, but Guardians 3 seems like a must. Especially after riding on the new Guardians of the Galaxy roller coaster at Epcot in Disney World a few months ago. Amazing…

Interesting observation about the runtime feeling long. I used to think 2 and a half hours wasn’t long for a movie. However, my attention span seems to be getting worse and I might agree that it’s more difficult to sit through a long movie without feeling anxious. Though there’s nothing wrong with a long movie at times. For example, the lengthy director’s cut of “Kingdom of Heaven” is totally a different experience than the shorter theatrical cut version. The former is amazing and the latter is forgettable mediocre crap. Also, the LOTR trilogy is my favorite and their runtimes are lengthy.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Most movies should not exceed two hours. Make the script tighter, cut the fat out of the film. It's pretty commonplace now though.

Comment

• One of my favorites, if not my favorite franchise is the Mad Max movies. All movies two hours and under. The action sequences are tight.

I popped in the Blue Ray of Fury.Road and my son had no idea what the movies were about. Twenty minutes into the movie, he asks me, "what's going on here?"

Comment

• I'm with you on the dwindling attention span, Cody! But I more meant that it FELT long, maybe because of the uncomfortable seating along with some slow parts in the beginning of the movie. I've sat through longer movies that didn't feel long. This one felt a little long.

Also, the after-the-credits bit was disappointing.
              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Or maybe it’s because movies now have to contain some bullshit propaganda or be inclusive for all viewers instead of make quality.

and that goes for both side of the aisle, not just the lefty weirdos
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• That must be it

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    Most movies should not exceed two hours. Make the script tighter, cut the fat out of the film. It's pretty commonplace now though.
                    It’s a win-win when a quality movie is 90 minutes to 2 hours long. Likely being a reason why the comedy genre is entertaining and re-watchable IMO.
                    Though I think some of the greatest movies of all-time have lengthy runtimes. It’s just harder to re-watch them with my personal exception of the LOTR trilogy.

Off of the top of my head… greatest movie theater experiences in my lifetime? “LOTR: Return of the King”, “Inception”, “Interstellar”, “Blade Runner: 2049”, “Avengers: Infinity War” … Lengthy movies.

I do agree about “Mad Max: Fury Road.” Just awesome.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• HEAT with Pacino and DeNiro is my favorite movie. Had the chance to watch it in theater when it came out and passed ... didn't see it until a couple years later ... man it's good
                      WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                        HEAT with Pacino and DeNiro is my favorite movie. Had the chance to watch it in theater when it came out and passed ... didn't see it until a couple years later ... man it's good
                        I believe that's the only movie they've been in that both actors are in the same scene together.

Odd that it hasn't happened a lot more in the past with these 2 legendary actors.
                        "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                        My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post

I believe that's the only movie they've been in that both actors are in the same scene together.

Odd that it hasn't happened a lot more in the past with these 2 legendary actors.
                          They didn't share scenes in Righteous Kill ?
                          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

They didn't share scenes in Righteous Kill ?
                            I forgot about that stinker of a bomb.

However, that movie was made years after HEAT, so their performances in HEAT dwarf anything that they did in RK.
                            "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                            My friend Ken L

Comment

• The Irishman (Scorsese)…they definitely have scenes together.

And IMO it dwarfs Heat…..or really anything that Michel Mann has ever done…that guy’s movies are snoozers with one or two compelling scenes (and the shootout was pretty f’n good).
                              Last edited by Nick Pappageorgio; May 19, 2023, 07:38 AM.

Comment

• Oh man I loved Heat. Irishman was good and all but Heat is way better IMO.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X