No announcement yet.

Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There was a time when you couldn't avoid that movie during Christmas. But I looked in the listings several times and couldn't find it. Good to know it's on Amazon Prime, thank you.
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• In all the years I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen it from start to finish
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I finally watched it for the first time a couple years ago (It's a Wonderful Life). Really good, I must say
        WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• I've probably seen the movie at least 30 times but rarely from the beginning. It's a great movie that gets better on every watch, you always notice something new. A couple observation/facts about It's a Wonderful Life.

1. It wasn't a box office hit upon initial release, it's probably the main reason it is so popular now. Something happened that the rights to the movie expired, so that's why you use to see it everywhere. It didn't cost the stations a dime to play that movie. That got straightened out and now NBC currently owns the rights. So it's not on as much, basically Thanksgiving Night and Christmas Eve and it's a ratings powerhouse.

2. Jimmy Stewart was 38 at the time of the movie, just returned from WWII and had PTSD. That's why his depiction of George is so dark.

3. I was flipping through the channels the other day and the movie, You Can't Take It With you was on. It was directed by Frank Capra in 1937 and had a lot of the same actors.

4. Mr. Potter is just a great character. In the pantheon of great heels. We just laugh at him in every scene he is just so committed to being a heel. The facial expressions are magnificent, you know Aaron Rodgers thinks he's the hero of the film.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
            There was a time when you couldn't avoid that movie during Christmas. But I looked in the listings several times and couldn't find it. Good to know it's on Amazon Prime, thank you.
            It was on NBC last night Deb. Not that it helps you now.
            GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• I’ve never seen It’s a Wonderful Life.

Comment

• Just clips.

Comment

• It's time you do.
                  "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• I always kinda avoided it cuz it just had that old vibe. Weird, cuz I'll watch movies from any era ... just avoided that one. It's great tho
                    WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• I'm not a fan.
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I have a connection, so to speak, with a Christmas Story. Ralphie had an issue with his glasses either losing them or breaking them. I wore glasses as a kid. Same thing. It seamed like every 5/6 months I was losing or breaking my glasses. My mom would make me sit at the table until my father came home and then I had to tell him. I was scared shitless.
                        GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• “Glass Onion” was pretty good.
                          This Rian Johnson guy… He must be a quality director or something. Undeserved hate from a section of Star Wars fans!
                          ”Looper”, “Knives Out”, “Glass Onion”, “Star Wars: The Last Jedi”, and arguably the greatest TV episode ever in Ozymandias from “Breaking Bad.”

Then again… perhaps you can argue every director has a stinker. Such as Spielberg with “The BFG.”​
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Watched Glass Onion tonight. We enjoyed it. After you get past Daniel Craig's piss poor attempt at a Low Country accent it is good.
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• That’s awesome. I liked Knives Out so I’m glad they didn’t f this one up.

Has anyone watched The Whale yet?
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Review:

The English - a 6 episode mini series spaghetti western produced by Amazon and the BBC starring Emily Blunt and Chaske Spencer. Blunt is a Englishwoman who comes over to America to get revenge for her son's death. She teams up with Spencer who was an Indian scout for the Army, he is kind of like an Indian Clint Eastwood character. I wasn't familiar with his work but he was really good, Blunt is always good. The big flaw of the series is it has at least enough characters and storylines for three seasons. So there are a lot of characters and storylines are filler to flesh out 6 episodes, but a lot of those are superfluous to the story. And the story is the two main characters as they grow closer together.

In the old days before streaming, you could streamline the story down to a movie for theatrical release and it could have been eminently rewatchable. Lots of really cool scenes and dialogue, but I don't think anyone really watches these things more than once.

Comment

Working...
                                X