Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
    Putting a movie just outside the top 100 in your list is not a diss if you have over 400 movies and have surely seen countless others. I haven't seen it ... but those Eastwood movies from that era are usually pretty good
    My bad. That should be +4000 movies/TV DVDs
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      Future shock was over the line on that post.
      Always. How else would you know it's really me?

But seriously, the older some of those movies get the more of their shine wears.

It is funny you yearn for yester year and dislike the old styles, (i.e. the big man dominance of the past) of sports. Just... different

And I loved Clint until he got old and started sounding like Da Geezer.

Fuck Eastd!ck

That's over the top

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

I didn’t like the first 2-3 episodes but it gets progressively better. Just finished up with episode 6 and man was it good.

Gets better
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• See I never liked Clint Eastwood until he started doing the geezer stuff. I thought Grand Torino was awesome. Even Trouble With the Curve and Mule.

F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Hey all I meant was that the 100th ranked movie of a person who's seen tons is still a highly rated movie ... not a criticism
          WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• I could def round out a top 100 easily
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
              I could def round out a top 100 easily
              Everyone has literally watched thousands of productions. Everyone's top 100 would be hard to whittle it down. Probably more personal then any of us would like to admit. We feel a comfort thinking that most people would like the same movies we would.

It's probably harder then you think. Can you name 100? I have no doubt. But after you did, I'd name off 10 that would make you question your original 100. We are living in an age where we started off with Radio and now we are here with computers (smart phones) in our hands that are 100 times more powerful then computers that took up whole rooms (back in the day). There's all kinds of movies being made on a litany of platforms. Getting it down to 100? I don't know

Comment

• I could name 100, but would have to cheat by looking at my IMDB account. IMDB member since… 2009? Something like that. 1,400+ movies/ TV series rated… which is on the low end considering TV series take up most of my time in recent years.

Plus I have to imagine “Goodfellas” is top 100 and I didn’t watch that yet. My bad there.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• My point was that to whittle it down that far, you'd be kicking out some pretty good flicks.

You could name 100 and just off the top of my head I could name some that you would want in there.

The reason I know is because I tried it long ago (18 years ago) by wanting my top 100 on display and the others in our IKIA cabinets. Had to leave a bunch that I liked out. And that was just through 2004.

Comment

• One thing that I've noticed is that there are many generations alive right now that have different tastes in movies/tv/etc.

For example, the Baby Boom block of people are the largest demographic alive I believe, with some of the Silent Generation (those born prior to the beginning of the Baby Boom, like Clint Eastwood, Barbara Eden, William Shatner, and Harry Belafonte, etc.) still around, and then you have Generation X/Baby Bust, of which I'm a member of that generation, and then Generation Y/Z/Millennials.

What is popular with the Baby Boom set isn't probably popular with the Millennials or Generation X, and the same in reverse.

For example, I'm not a fan of musicals or westerns, but I'll sit down to watch a neo-noir or cape flick, and many of the Boomers wouldn't be caught dead watching the Marvel/DC stuff. I can't even imagine what the tastes of people just now being born or soon to be born will be like in the next 15-20 years.
                    "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                    My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post
                      For example, I'm not a fan of musicals or westerns, but I'll sit down to watch a neo-noir or cape flick, and many of the Boomers wouldn't be caught dead watching the Marvel/DC stuff.
                      Nonsense!

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• I am just going off of looking at imdb's top 250 ... if somebody has watched a ton of movies and said a movie is just outside their top 100 ... that's a pretty fine movie

Comment

• Ps was thinking about this today ... I think without looking at any list ... that the best movie in the last 3-5 years is 3 BILLBOARDS OUTSIDE EBBING, MISSOURI

Now looking at a list of top movies from the last few years I could be way off ... but that's my gut choice

Comment

• Ps most re-watchable for me has been Top Gun: Maverick. Great movie.

Looking at the list from the last bunch of years ... Green Book was pretty good. Parasite. The last 2 Avengers. 1917 ... good stuff

Comment

Ps was thinking about this today ... I think without looking at any list ... that the best movie in the last 3-5 years is 3 BILLBOARDS OUTSIDE EBBING, MISSOURI

Now looking at a list of top movies from the last few years I could be way off ... but that's my gut choice
                              3 Billboards was fantastic. I forgot about that one
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Ps most re-watchable for me has been Top Gun: Maverick. Great movie.

Looking at the list from the last bunch of years ... Green Book was pretty good. Parasite. The last 2 Avengers. 1917 ... good stuff
                                Green Book was awesome. The KFC scenes were so funny, I wonder if that actually happened or if it was written in. I forgot how good KFC buckets USED to be.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X