No announcement yet.

Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not a good look for young people to see the violence and then minutes later he's being rewarded.

I know the 2 have nothing to do with each other but kids may not be able to discern between the two.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• They should have kicked him out after that. There’s no way he should have been able to stay.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The whole thing is weird.

Comment

• I mean, I have zero problems with him sticking up for his wife. He definitely should've handled it after the show and it probably never needed to get physical. Am I really bothered though? No, and I side with Will even if he handled in a bad way. I tend to not follow celebs too closely but I know Will's family struggles have been ridiculously public and something like this doesn't happen if the pot hasn't been boiling. This is just coming off Laverne Cox making jokes about their "entanglement" a month or so ago. I view this as standing up to being bullied. I'm ok with it.

Comment

• JGS….side with Will?

Rock was doing his job…the Oscars are basically a celebrity roast and Rock almost assuredly didn’t even write that joke.

Even if Will’s wife does have a benign health problem that attacks the vanity centers of her body…Will is still the asshole in this contest.

Comment

• He definitely should have gathered his wife and just left. My dad always taught me that your absence (if you are a good person) will say all you need it to. But Will is a sunshine and rainbows type fella. His head has to be swimming over everything from his wife cheating on him to her losing her head and then this. He doesn't have a right to put his hands on Rock though. Well, at least not while the world is looking. This is messy. Very messy.
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• My point is that his family has been getting bullied. I don't like bullies and people piling on. Eventually people snap. He snapped. This didn't happen because of one joke Chris Rock made.

The joke on its own certainly wasn't worthy of the response it got. Hence why I said he handled it wrong. You can think someone handled something poorly and yet still have compassion and understanding for why it happened. Wording it as siding with him was probably not the correct word choice to convey my meaning. He was right to act. He was wrong to overreact.

Comment

• Exactly, if he wants to have words after the show then have at it. Be a damn professional until the cameras go off and then punch him. Its not a great look but it sure upped both their profiles with tons of traction. I mean hell, i'm on the other side of the world and everyone is talking about it.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Will's family struggles are out there because they put it out there. Everywhere. Constantly. His wife has a podcast where that's the subject du jour more often than not.

Comment

• Imagine what would've happened if Dave Chappelle was the host? Dave would’ve KICKED HIS A$$. No way would Dave allow to be slapped in front of millions of viewers. In fact, Will doesn’t even go on stage if Dave is hosting.
                      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• To present another side of that…

1st…The Smith family (or any exceedingly famous entertainer) receive egregious amounts of money to forgo privacy in a lot of ways. The job would pay much less and they’d get way less free stuff if people didn’t care about his life. This is hazard pay…surfers don’t complain when they get wet. Will/Jada want to be famous…they could have gotten off the train years ago if they didn’t like the heat.

2nd…a lot of the stuff in the media that Will/Jada get so much shit for….is out there because they put it out there. Jada has her own show (or podcast or some shit) where she regularly airs the dirty laundry. I think both of them have put out a tell-all autobiography ….and don’t even get me started on the kids active social media lives.

This is show business…and this isn’t Will’s first day of school. He knows how the game is played…I’m not gonna defend boorish behavior because I like I Am Legend

Comment

• I was watching Pursuit of Happiness the other day. Man he was so damned good in that movie.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                            Imagine what would've happened if Dave Chappelle was the host? Dave would’ve KICKED HIS A$$. No way would Dave allow to be slapped in front of millions of viewers. In fact, Will doesn’t even go on stage if Dave is hosting.
                            Bull $h!t Chapelle don't scare anyone. I doubt he says that lame az joke either. Rock has been crap comedy wise for awhile now.

Now if it had been Tyson....

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

Bull $h!t Chapelle don't scare anyone. I doubt he says that lame az joke either. Rock has been crap comedy wise for awhile now.

Now if it had been Tyson....
                              Thought someone said Rock’s stuff was scripted? I also think Chapelle is a brick shithouse. NO WAY Will slaps Dave.

And the Tyson reference is silly. NO ONE slaps Mike. Unless of course they cant be arsed carrying out their own suicide arrangements…….. slap Mike, punch, lights out, game the fuck over.

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• I feel the celebrity roast jokes at the Oscars should be avoided by the hosts or presenters. They either don't land or the audience cringes at them.

Comment

Working...
                                X