Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
    Oh yea, no doubt about that. All Nolan movies are good or better.
    But I just watched the movie "The Crow" for the first time and realize Nolan must have used several ideas from that movie in his Batman trilogy.... Particularly how the Crow looks like the Joker.
    "The Crow" is a very fun, good action movie. 8/10 ish
    I am with you. Hell The Prestige and and Interstellar are probably his weakest movies and I still love the shit out of those.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post
      I still love the shit out of those.
      Take it to the bank!
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• "Sausage Party" ... Lmao.
        It's great, like a 8/10 almost on the level of Team America.
        There are certainly a few classic scenes that are nonstop laughter. Best character: Douche voiced by Nick Kroll.
        Sausage Party gets brought down slightly because of its typical plot.

To me, it's nearly impossible to be better than "South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut" when it comes to movies like this.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I saw Suicide Squad today. It was okay. But I thought the animated Justice League Unlimited episode that had Colonel Flagg, Deadshot, Captain Boomerang and others was better.

Will Smith and the women who played Amanda Waller and Harley Quinn did pretty well. I heard they cut a lot of Jared Leto's scenes out. I wasn't very impressed with him but it would be tough to top Heath Ledger's Joker.

Comment

• I think they need to let whoever worked on the Batman animated series and the Justice League episodes take over the DC live-action movie universe.

Comment

• Thats disappointing. I've been waiting for suicide squad all year
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The old lady dragged me to see Bad Moms and it was friggin hilarious. Probably one of the funnier movies I've seen in awhile
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• We laughed pretty hard during that one. The discussion about uncircumcised penises in particular....lol.

Kathy Hahn is a riot.
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                    We laughed pretty hard during that one. The discussion about uncircumcised penises in particular....lol.

Kathy Hahn is a riot.
                    When you look at the movie she really carried it. She was hilarious
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                      I saw Suicide Squad today. It was okay. But I thought the animated Justice League Unlimited episode that had Colonel Flagg, Deadshot, Captain Boomerang and others was better.

Will Smith and the women who played Amanda Waller and Harley Quinn did pretty well. I heard they cut a lot of Jared Leto's scenes out. I wasn't very impressed with him but it would be tough to top Heath Ledger's Joker.
                      Suicide Squad just wasn't good at all. You're right Will Smith and Margot Robbie did a fantastic job but everything else was shit. Visually it was an appealing movie but everything was just off.

I did think Leto did a good job as the joker. He didn't try to copy Heath Ledger but in all fairness he wasn't in the movie a whole lot. His scenes were few and far in between
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• This looks like a good movie. It is a true story, coming out in Nov. Desmond Doss lived in my area and I heard him speak in person one time - very unassuming, humble. He was fairly short and skinny. I have no idea how he got all those soldiers off that ridge.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2-1hz1juBI"]Hacksaw Ridge (2016 - Movie) Official Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Sorry Cody, I see you had already posted it.

Over the years Mr. Doss had offers to turn his story into a movie, but in he didn't want the attention that he knew it would bring. Toward's the end of his life, he did allow a documentary film to be produced, which he carefully reviewed for accuracy, as well as allowing himself to be interviewed for it. I think it was one of the first showings, if not the first, that I attended and heard him speak. It included interviews of his combat group, and it was very interesting to hear what they had to say about him after-the-fact, when you realize how poorly he was treated.

I just looked and found the documentary on YouTube - although this one has foreign language subtitles.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E3reiJYFpw"]Desmond Doss - Award-Winning Documentary: The Conscientious Objector - YouTube[/ame]
                          Last edited by bimmer84; September 10, 2016, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• I can't believe that's a true story. That hectic!
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I've been getting caught up on movies this week. Watched Snowden yesterday and it quickly became one of my favorite Oliver Stone movies.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• 'Just saw Deepwater Horizon. I found it a little hard to follow the characters. Once everyone gets covered in mud and oil, you are not always sure who you are looking at, with a background of continuing explosions. Nevertheless, it's entertaining.

Comment

Working...
                                X