No announcement yet.

Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The airport scene lived up to the hype - exciting, well choreographed, for the most part really good CGI, and funny to boot.

Comment

• Much like Hugh Jackman and the "how many more X-men/wolverine movies will there be" there is much speculation Downey Jr might not be in the Iron Man suit much longer.

Difficult part there is both actors really defined the character. Much the same as Christian Bale did. Hard to see other actors as those characters.
      Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• I don't think it was hard to see a different Batman. Outside of the suit Bale's Bruce Wayne was fairly standard, plus the fact that several other actors have portraited the character before. Only one person has played Iron Man/Tony Stark and RDJ has done it with amazing flair. This isn't some brooding character of few words and heavy burdens. Anybody that tried to follow would have to take a different route because trying to follow the same path would likely come off as mimicry at best, parody at worst.

Comment

• I want to say it was more of Christopher Nolan's brilliance and Wally Pfister's cinematography, but can't entirely.
          Bale is a good actor and played Batman well.
          When I think of the Dark Knight trilogy, it isn't because of Bale's performance. More of the movies being great.
          Batman is a role that other actors have performed well in, even if the movie wasn't that good. Michael Keaton, Ben Affleck.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I saw Batman vs Superman today (finally!) and I thought Affleck was an adequate Batman/Bruce Wayne. I liked Gail Gadot as Wonder Woman as well (although no one will ever top Lynda Carter).

Comment

• Going to see Xmen today. Not sure what to expect generally there's a good consensus amount critics but this one is split
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Is that worth seeing? I've seen subpar reviews for Xmen... that leads me to think Matthew Vaughn's influence on "X-Men: Days of Future Past" was bigger than previously thought.

I saw "Neighbors 2" and actually enjoyed it. If you like the first "Neighbors", you should like the sequel. Same director, same lead cast, and same humor. It doesn't recycle too many jokes. 6/10?
                Probably the best comedy sequel since "22 Jump Street." Damn that "Zoolander 2" and "Dumb and Dumber To."

I rewatched "Winter Soldier" recently. This might be my favorite MCU movie. One thing I noticed: Sam Wilson called Captain America "Running Man" early in the film. That references the 1980s Arnold movie "Running Man" by foreshadowing the events that would happen to Captain America in Winter Soldier... How it's very similar to the movie Running Man.
                Russo brothers and their dialogue = too good.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Watched 10 cloverfield lane last night, thumbs up. John Goodman was excellently creepy!

Comment

• I've always been a John Goodman fan. I'll have to check it out when it's released over here.
                    2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                      Is that worth seeing? I've seen subpar reviews for Xmen... that leads me to think Matthew Vaughn's influence on "X-Men: Days of Future Past" was bigger than previously thought.
                      I thought it was good but there were some gaps. Did you ever see it?
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Went to watch Independence Day. I knew it wasn't going to be all that good but was grossly surprised with how terrible it was. Nothing clicked with a shitty shitty cast. Wait to watch that movie when it comes on TV. Or just don't watch it.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                          Went to watch Independence Day. I knew it wasn't going to be all that good but was grossly surprised with how terrible it was. Nothing clicked with a shitty shitty cast. Wait to watch that movie for ever.
                          I know I figured it would just be an eye candy popcorn movie, but there where just terrible decisions across the board. Every new cast member was absolutely terrible. Even Liam.

Comment

• I was hoping for a popcorn movie and was let down terribly. Liam was not good and the "Will Smith" actor was one of the worst I've ever seen.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• lol thanks for the heads up with that one.
                              I've heard there is this "accountant character" that is so annoying and pointless that I'm almost intrigued to Red Box this movie in a couple months... just to see how bad it is.

Hopefully July has some good movies like "Star Trek: Beyond", "Ghostbusters", or "Jason Bourne." Bourne most likely being the good movie.
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Please watch it and let me see what you think.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X