No announcement yet.

Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watched the movie Wild today and holy crap was it good. Reese Whitherspoon has just catapulted herself into a badass actor with that role. She was amazing.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• And why are women called actors instead of actress anymore? I think that's lame.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Sam Mendes is a great Bond director (Skyfall)... SPECTRE looks amazing.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTDaET-JweU"]NEW SPECTRE TRAILER - YouTube[/ame]
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• It does look good but PLEASE give us a different Bond. He's f'ing horrible!
          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
            I noticed that too.

Just different, but maybe worth watching if you have Netflix.
            The plot is unique even though it's another global warming movie. I'm kind of sick of those because there are a lot.
            Good acting, good character development (how you see Chris Evans explained).
            It is a good movie. Not a lot of publicity because they released it in a way no one ever had:

http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/articles...ger-box-office.

It was a pretty cheap movie. More substance than visuals.

Global warming was more the vehicle (or train HEHEHEHEHE) to get at some more sophisticated issues. I wouldn't characterize it that way, or people might get the idea that they are in for another 2012.

Comment

• Any Birdman fans?

Director is pretty much a baller. Did 21 Grams and Babel early in this career.

Any way, just released The Revenant trailer a few days.

Film shot using natural lighting, and long tracking shots as scene in Birdman.

Was based on Hugh Glass... The trailer now says loosely based on Hugh Glass, or something to that effect.

Comment

Read IMDB and reviews, now I want to see it. Not on Netflix I think, dang it.

I saw "Mr. Nobody" recently. There was SO MUCH in this movie, but not perfectly put together. Still I'd give it a 8/10.
                If Christopher Nolan directed this in his 2007-2010 (The Prestige, The Dark Knight, Inception) prime, it might have been my favorite movie ever. Amazing plot IMO.
                Also, Jared Leto was great. I honestly didn't know who Leto was before he won best supporting actor in 2013.
                Leto is a great actor currently (Mr. Nobody, Dallas Buyers Club) and I think he can be an extremely good Joker.
                I think I'm going to have to watch Mr. Nobody one more time before I can say if I liked it or not. You're right there's a lot to it. The acting and the way it was shot was done really well
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Read IMDB and reviews, now I want to see it. Not on Netflix I think, dang it.

I saw "Mr. Nobody" recently. There was SO MUCH in this movie, but not perfectly put together. Still I'd give it a 8/10.
                  If Christopher Nolan directed this in his 2007-2010 (The Prestige, The Dark Knight, Inception) prime, it might have been my favorite movie ever. Amazing plot IMO.
                  Also, Jared Leto was great. I honestly didn't know who Leto was before he won best supporting actor in 2013.
                  Leto is a great actor currently (Mr. Nobody, Dallas Buyers Club) and I think he can be an extremely good Joker.
                  If you like Jared Leto you have to watch Requiem for a Dream. One of his earliest roles, and a very powerful film.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
                  AAL- Sam Martin - Because the Punter is one of Detroit's most used assets

Comment

• Originally posted by KidD View Post
                    If you like Jared Leto you have to watch Requiem for a Dream. One of his earliest roles, and a very powerful film.

Requiem was really odd but good. He definitely doesn't jump on the box office walmart films. I'll give him that.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                      I think I'm going to have to watch Mr. Nobody one more time before I can say if I liked it or not. You're right there's a lot to it. The acting and the way it was shot was done really well
                      Yup this was my thought too.

Originally posted by KidD View Post

I saw this movie I think 6-8 years ago. Just remember it being unique / weird, but a good movie. On IMDB, my score for it was 7/10.
                      It has that famous song too.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by millenwasmyfavorite View Post
                        It is a good movie. Not a lot of publicity because they released it in a way no one ever had:

http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/articles...ger-box-office.

It was a pretty cheap movie. More substance than visuals.

Global warming was more the vehicle (or train HEHEHEHEHE) to get at some more sophisticated issues. I wouldn't characterize it that way, or people might get the idea that they are in for another 2012.
                        We made it about a quarter of the way into Snow Piercer before tuning it off. Too much gore and no substance.
                        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• "Battle Royale"... Or Battle. F***ing. Royale!
                          I loved this movie. There is so much in this movie... Especially about youth and violence, love... Yes, it is disgusting, but in a great movie kind of way.

I was thinking that a U.S. version would be awesome, but that won't happen with the above average Hunger Games, that REALLY ripped off Battle Royale and The Running Man.
                          Imagine a Matthew Vaughn hard-R U.S. version of Battle Royale.
                          Part of me wants to see that and part of me doesn't because Battle Royale is amazing by itself.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Battle Royale got good reviews from IMDB in a big way. It is a watchable movie right? I'm not in the mood to watch another Mr. Nobody.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                              Battle Royale got good reviews from IMDB in a big way. It is a watchable movie right? I'm not in the mood to watch another Mr. Nobody.
                              Pros - It's only 110 minutes long, not 150 like Mr. Nobody
                              It's a hard R version of "The Hunger Games."
                              It's a fun/ good movie IMO.

Cons - It's a love-hate movie from the IMDB reviews I read after the movie.
                              It's in foreign language.

Very watchable. I can understand why some people love it and why some might despise it. The Rotten Tomatoes description is accurate to me:
                              "Critics Consensus: Battle Royale is a controversial and violent parable of adolescence, heightening teenage melodrama with life-or-death stakes."
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• You know, I've never actually seen Battle Royale. I know there's a 2nd one too, but I have no idea if it's as good or not.

Granted, I've never seen Hunger Games either.
                                2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

Working...
                                X