No announcement yet.

Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bro.. i generally dislike that genre but word on the streets is that its unbelievable.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post

Officially seeing Godzilla: Minus One on Friday. No color version.

Based on what everyone has said, totally anticipating it to be one of the best films of 2023.
      Really good
      WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• I just saw Spider-Man Across the Spiderverse on Netflix. It was really good.

Comment

• “The Hunt” (2012) with Mads Mikkelson… incredible 10/10. I’m late to the party on this film. Emotional, disturbing, and perfectly crafted. I can’t remember a movie flowing by this fast in years because of the investment it gets you in. It just proves how sneaky great of an actor Mikkelson is despite some of the poorly scripted movies he’s in. Though he’s probably my favorite Bond villain.

Easy recommendation. It’s not your popcorn turn off your brain type film. The exact opposite and damned memorable.

Originally posted by Forsh View Post
          Really good
          Yes. Really good.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I’ve never seen The Hunt. Sounds like it’s going to be added to the list.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by BJK View Post
              Finally saw the latest Indiana Jones. I really wish they ended the franchise after The Last Crusade.
              I thought Dial of Destiny was a good one to end the series on. It is a good popcorn movie. I liked the woman in if but I don't think she can carry the mantle and I am totally okay with it.
              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                I just saw Spider-Man Across the Spiderverse on Netflix. It was really good.
                Yep even better in the theaters. I have loved the Spider Gwen character since her comics debut. So happy to see her fleshed out and give her due.
                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Yeah, I liked Spider Gwen more than I expected to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                    “The Hunt” (2012) with Mads Mikkelson… incredible 10/10. I’m late to the party on this film. Emotional, disturbing, and perfectly crafted. I can’t remember a movie flowing by this fast in years because of the investment it gets you in. It just proves how sneaky great of an actor Mikkelson is despite some of the poorly scripted movies he’s in. Though he’s probably my favorite Bond villain.

Easy recommendation. It’s not your popcorn turn off your brain type film. The exact opposite and damned memorable.

Bro.. That's one of the best movies that I've seen in awhile. It really sucks you in with emotion. Wow.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Watched Draft Day and enjoyed it. Pretty much every fans dream of what the GM should do on the big day.
                      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post
                        Watched Draft Day and enjoyed it. Pretty much every fans dream of what the GM should do on the big day.
                        Great movie besides the part where he completely fleeces the rookie GM with an absurd trade no one in their right mind would take. Other than that... awesome
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• There were several incredibly dumb things that happen in that movie. But it was still entertaining. That's a movie where you need just a regular sports fan on set going "yeah, that would never happen". Like a common sense consultant.

Definitely need to check out The Hunt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post

Definitely need to check out The Hunt.
                            It’s subtitles and like Cody said “not a popcorn flick”. It has major depth to it. I haven’t watched anything like that one in a long while. Really really good movie
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Same director and star as Another Round. If you haven’t seen that one, you should check it out, it is also very good.

Comment

• I saw Madame Web this weekend. It is an enjoyable movie. Definitely a Dakota Johnson vehicle, it is and isn't a super hero movie. It works as a thriller. It is about family. That blood doesn't mean family. You family can be the one you created beyond blood

The three girls that Cassie Webb (Dakota Johnson),are trying to save teenagers Julia Cromwell (Sydney Sweeny), Anya Corozan (Isobel M.) and Mattie Franklin (blanking on the actress here) aren't given a whole lot but they have their moments.

The subplot with Ben Parker is fine enough and it is always good to see Ben Parker before his pivotal moment. Especially nice to see him right as/before he meets May.

It won't do well at the box office but it is nice Birds of Prey type comic on the big screen. Not everything has to have huge consequences.
                                ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X