No announcement yet.

Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-watched “Oppenheimer” today while seeing it with my dad.
    Have to say a second viewing makes it even better because there are so many characters and plot threads. The classic Christopher Nolan “Memento” treatment of it being challenging to understand on a first viewing. Cillian Murphy as Oppenheimer is a home run. The depth of that person/ character and what he went through. Masterpiece on a technical (music score, cinematography) perspective. The very ending of the film is so chilling… Oppenheimer gets a 10/10 from me after seeing it again and picking up on all of the things that originally didn’t make sense. It’s up there with “Parasite” as best movies in recent memory.

Also saw “The Whale” recently. Oof, very depressing. Good, but maybe I regret watching it in hindsight.​
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I thought The Whale was unbelievable. Great movie
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Reluctantly watched The Flash yesterday and man was it good. It’s prob one of the better super hero movies that I’ve seen
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Staying over at my sons while he and new wife head off for a couple days. He has a cat and doesn't allow him in a cattery. Think he loves that pussy more than his wife.

But he has Amazon-Prime (i don’t) and i rented “Play Misty for me” last night. Obviously saw it before about 35 years ago…… but holy shit. That must’ve been ahead of its time. Jessica Walter is SCARY AS FUUUUCK! (And was very good looking) Had to sleep with the light on after that sort of thing!

And Rick? Scottys cat? Total prick. Thats his nickname; Rick the Prick. Has a wall bed thing. He waited until Eastwood was walking through the dark house then jumped off his bed onto the couch. Fkn shat the boxers!
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
            Reluctantly watched The Flash yesterday and man was it good. It’s prob one of the better super hero movies that I’ve seen
            What'd you watch that on jaad?
            GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
              Staying over at my sons while he and new wife head off for a couple days. He has a cat and doesn't allow him in a cattery. Think he loves that pussy more than his wife.

But he has Amazon-Prime (i don’t) and i rented “Play Misty for me” last night. Obviously saw it before about 35 years ago…… but holy shit. That must’ve been ahead of its time. Jessica Walter is SCARY AS FUUUUCK! (And was very good looking) Had to sleep with the light on after that sort of thing!

And Rick? Scottys cat? Total prick. Thats his nickname; Rick the Prick. Has a wall bed thing. He waited until Eastwood was walking through the dark house then jumped off his bed onto the couch. Fkn shat the boxers!
              I haven't seen that in years and was talking about it with my oldest son a while ago. He and his wife rented it after we talked about it. I'll have to see how he liked it.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Yes, it'd be interesting to hear how the younger generation would rate this. And other 70s movies.

Remember years ago telling my kids "Duel" was awesome....., (Fuel Tanker film, Dennis Weaver, Spielberg directing)........., My kids: "Dad?? That was absolute crap."
                One of them left the room before it was even finished.
                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post

What'd you watch that on jaad?
                  Downloaded off of pirate bay. It was awesome
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Make it a Clint double feature with Play Misty with the Beguiled.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Downloaded off of pirate bay. It was awesome
                      Never heard of it.
                      GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• I think The Flash is on Max now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                          I think The Flash is on Max now.
                          Blue Beetle will be on there in the very near future.

The whole DC Universe, outside of the solo Batman movies and the Joker movie from a few years ago, along with the first Wonder Woman movie and the first Shazam movie, is complete and utter mediocre garbage.

To just think about how the DC Universe was a little over a decade ago, when Christopher Nolan was in the middle of his "The Dark Knight Trilogy," to where things are today.

Warners can't seem to get a good comic book movie out to the public to save their lives.
                          "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                          My friend Ken L

Comment

• The funny thing is that the animated Justice League and Justice League Unlimited series were really well done.

Marvel had some flops (Iron Man 2 and the first two Thor movies) but the way they tied everything together with Infinity War and End Game was just awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                              The funny thing is that the animated Justice League and Justice League Unlimited series were really well done.

Marvel had some flops (Iron Man 2 and the first two Thor movies) but the way they tied everything together with Infinity War and End Game was just awesome.
                              Well it was from the same people that did BTAS (Paul Dini and Bruce Timm).

I don't think Thor was a flop. Just a lot less people knew the character. Thor 2 wasn't great.
                              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Maybe. I didn’t care for the first two Thor movies. But I saw the 3rd one first which was awesome and it probably made the first one look worse than it was.

Comment

Working...
                                X