X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by millenwasmyfavorite View Post
    Arrival was great.
    I concur!
    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Never liked redheads much, also she's has that 'hard' plastic surgery look now.

Jimmy Kimmel just commented on a movie called 'Split' looks pretty good !

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
        Nicole Kidman is so fine for 49 years old.

Been catching up on all of the "award movies" in 2016... I think my three favorite movies of 2016 are:
        1. "Sing Street"
        2. "La La Land"
        3. "Arrival"

Can't believe my two favorite are music movies, but they are so f***ing amazing.
        Sing Street was damned good. Looking forward to seeing La La Land.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
          Sing Street was damned good. Looking forward to seeing La La Land.
          It's my guess you'll like La La Land.
          A friend of mine isn't really until music, but he enjoyed La La Land so much that it made him want to learn how to play piano ... for what's that is worth.

As mentioned previously, same director as "Whiplash." No surprise for how great it was.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I loved Whiplash. That last scene was fucking epic. I'm not really into musicals either but I'm into great movies. Doesn't matter the genre but if it's well done I can appreciate it

Looking forward to seeing Manchestor as well. It seems like Sundance is busting out some great movies in a big fashion these days
            Last edited by jaadam4; January 26, 2017, 03:04 AM.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• You know who else can play the piano?

I remember I was out in Detroit after he got drafted and the news had a fluff piece on him where he was playing the piano. My mom thought it was so great.

Must have been some validation for her for making me take lessons from when I was 5 through to high school.
              2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• I just knew Joey Blue Skies would take us to the promise land. What a sad sad let down
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I started watching the Arrival tonight but then I got drunk and passed out because it was a little slow. Its a damned interesting movie and it looks to be shot really well.

On a side note my posts on the forum have been historical. I love you alcohol.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

I started watching the Arrival tonight but then I got drunk and passed out because it was a little slow. Its a damned interesting movie and it looks to be shot really well.

On a side note my posts on the forum have been historical. I love you alcohol.
                    lol.
                    I think "Arrival" is as if you were to cook something incredible in a crock pot for 9 hours. It's a slow burn in a way, but the meat is well done. Well done as in the payoff is great.
                    So much substance and sophistication. The cinematography was perfect...
                    and wtf how was Amy Adams not nominated for an Oscar.

Adds on to the great work of Denis Villeneuve as a director. I can't wait to see what he does with the Blade Runner sequel.
                    Anytime directors Denis Villeneuve, Damien Chazelle, Christopher Nolan, and Matthew Vaughn release a movie, it's an event.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Getting ready to take another run at it.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Holy fucking shit.

Arrival was really really good. I haven't seen a movie like that in a minute. I watch so many movies few surprise me.

This one did. Amazing
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Saw Hacksaw Ridge today.

Meh.. It was okay but I was expecting a little more out of it considering the epic nature of the real life story. I watched the documentary before hand and the movie left out a lot of real life theatrical parts that could have tied things together. I thought the lead played the part well but the supporting cast (with the exception of Vince Vaughen) was very very piss poor. Couldn't really connect with any of them and they almost seemed hooky.

I rated it 7/10 on imdb but they missed by a mile imo
                          Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
                          Hacksaw Ridge is a great movie but as one review put it. . . this movie "out Private Ryan, Private Ryans", for battlefield gore. There is a lot of close proximity combat, and very graphic war violence, but you certainly do come away with a strong sense of the bravery of this young skinny kid. What he accomplished is almost unbelievable.

Finally saw "Hacksaw Ridge."
                          Initially, I loved the movie. It's definitely "my kind of movie." Which is:
                          - an Epic
                          - Period Piece / History
                          - Coming of Age
                          - Good love story
                          - Substance / depth to it.
                          - Cinematography.
                          - Likable characters (Doss, Teresa Palmer)

After letting it sink in, there are some stuff that bothered me. The villains were generic ... like who cared about them dying if you don't build up their side through the plot. Supporting characters (like Vince Vaughn, Hugo Weaving) were distracting. I would have preferred not a big name actor for those roles.
                          But overall, a very enjoyable movie and worthy of an Oscar nomination. I actually really liked the first half of the movie more than the second half ... the action, oddly enough. The action scenes, though intense, were just good (not great). Outside of Doss, I didn't feel the stakes of it. Anything Teresa Palmer related in this movie =
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• My thing is how badly they missed the brotherhood of a platoon and how being on the outside is life altering. They touched on it but nothing really hit home. It was an epic story but the movie didn't do it justice by a huge margin IMO. Saving private Ryan was one of the greats. Band of brothers was great. This was meh.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Arrival was really really good. I haven't seen a movie like that in a minute. I watch so many movies few surprise me.

This one did. Amazing
                              Left my wife and I asking what the heck just happened at the end. Great movie, we need to see it again.
                              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• We saw A Dog's Purpose yesterday. I had read the book several years ago and the movie did a pretty good job. But if you love dogs, it's very emotional. Pretty sure I cried for an hour and a half. I would not recommend it for kids.

As I type this, I'm aware that I've made the movie sound pretty dark and it's not. It has several funny and light-hearted moments and the overall message is hopeful. I liked the movie...but if feeling emotion is uncomfortable, you should probably skip it.
                                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X