Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me Tarzan you Jane..

Tarzan was just meh. It was actually a pretty well written movie. Good set of actors. Good set / use of technology but nothing clicked.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Samuel L Jackson was only actor that seemed to give it his all and had a character that had any depth. You couldn't connect with anyone else.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• It's a shame there aren't that many Mel Gibson directed movies. "The Man Without a Face", "The Passion of the Christ", "Braveheart", and "Apocalypto." He is a great director and his new movie looks fantastic.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2-1hz1juBI"]Hacksaw Ridge (2016 - Movie) Official Trailer ?€“ ?€œBelieve?€? - YouTube[/ame]
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
          I'm hearing great things about "Star Trek: Beyond."
          Maybe the combo of fun action from Justin Lin + the great writing of Simon Pegg = a surprisingly good movie?

It's definitely been a movie I've been sleeping on because of Star Wars... "Star Trek: Into Darkness" only being good, not great... Justin Lin being the director rather than JJ Abrams.
          I had low expectations of it, being a Lin project, so that?s probably why I had a favorable opinion walking out of the theater this weekend. I credit Pegg with injecting enough Star Trek DNA to keep it on the rails, but not by much. My 13yo son thought the Beastie Boys attack concept was hilariously stupid...and here we are, with Star Trek movies that preteens think are dumb. Yikes.

There is really no denying that the blame placed on Into Darkness by many is misplaced...this franchise is just dying. The domestics for the three ?reboot? films are tending as such:

ST: $257M (2009)
          ID: $228M (2013)
          STB: $190M? (2016)

This follows the bomb that was Nemesis in 2002.

Hopefully it can survive on television.

Comment

• ID was TERRIBLE!!
            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Watched the new Borne movie as well. I have no idea why they just couldn't let this series go. It's like watching anyone of the other movies. Who cares about Treadstone and the same plot over and over and over?
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                Watched the new Borne movie as well. I have no idea why they just couldn't let this series go. It's like watching anyone of the other movies. Who cares about Treadstone and the same plot over and over and over?
                The ones making money off it.
                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Ain't that the truth.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• They should have done a well directed, well written, action adventure Bourne movie that features a crossover into the Alien franchise.
                    Jason Bourne vs Aliens.

It'd be another reason for Matt Damon to be lost on some other planet... again.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• lol
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I found one of those movies that catches you off guard it's so good.
                        Watched Whiskey Tango Foxtrot and it was fantastic. Tina Fay was damned good being in a semi serious character.

Good good movie.of course I might like it so much because that's exactly my life the last decade minus being a journalist
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Hmm, interesting. I might check that out. Tina Fey is always entertaining.

First "Dunkirk" teaser* trailer is out, a must see movie next July. The cinematography looks so excellent as usual with Nolan. With the clock ticks in the background, I imagine "time" will be a theme again like in most Nolan movies. So excited.
                          [ame]https://youtu.be/yM9BWtppzko[/ame]
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Cody loves him some Nolan..
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Oh yea, no doubt about that. All Nolan movies are good or better.
                              But I just watched the movie "The Crow" for the first time and realize Nolan must have used several ideas from that movie in his Batman trilogy.... Particularly how the Crow looks like the Joker.
                              "The Crow" is a very fun, good action movie. 8/10 ish
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The crow was a fantastic movie. I haven't seen it in years.

Fire it up, fire it up, fire it up!!
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X