No announcement yet.

Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I liked the introduction of Spider-Man too. I'm not crazy about Marisa Tomei playing Aunt May (not that I mind her onscreen) but the new kid seems like a better option than Garfield.

Comment

• I'm glad Captain America turned out good. His character and that storyline was starting to get stale
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Everyone who I know that's seen it has loved it as well. A friend of mine here has driven an hour north of Kumamoto to see it three times now (all the theaters here are closed atm). That's especially crazy when movie tickets are over $15 here to boot.
        2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Ouch!
          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Does anyone know a good shed builder in the western burbs?
            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Am I missing a movie reference here, or did you post this in the wrong thread?

I could ask my dad, but he's 73 now and not sure he'd be up for doing an entire shed. You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone with his experience though.
              2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Wrong topic thread but ended up with the right person answering up!
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                  Wrong topic thread but ended up with the right person answering up!
                  Sorry Tapatalk only shows "General Discussion".

Comment

• lol.. no skin off my sack. I hope you get what you need.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Went to watch Captain America today and I thought it fell in line with what the word on the street is...

it was pretty damned good. The beginning was pretty slow but it really got good. Nice movie.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I watched "Iron Man" last night for the first time since 2009 (maybe?).
                        Hard to not like that movie because of Downey Jr.'s performance. Meh ending, but it makes up for it with the "I am Iron Man" line to end the film.
                        My take away was how Tony Stark kept using the word "accountable" in the movie. That's why he wanted to stop Stark Industries from making weapons... to be accountable for their actions.

Spoiler to Civil War: that is exactly what Tony's reasoning was in Civil War. I 100% can buy how his character would be "on that side" in Civil War because they set up his character more than I realized.

Civil War = brilliantly written and is helped by there being previous movies that developed character motives.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Agreed on that but I think he's got to be about done. How many more of these can he do?
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                            Agreed on that but I think he's got to be about done. How many more of these can he do?
                            Probably just the two "Infinity Wars" movies and that's it. That's my guess.

(Spoiler) I almost wish Iron Man or Captain America died at the end of Civil War to heighten the stakes/ meaning of the film to a perfect level.

EDIT: Downey Jr is in the new Spider-Man movie too
                            Last edited by Cody_Russell; May 12, 2016, 06:20 PM.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Saw Civil War last night. I was prepared to be underwhelmed after everyone gushed over Winter Soldier and I thought it was pretty meh. But Civil War was great. A few over-lookable plot issues (but what movie doesn't have those) but everything else they did a great job with. Even with so many characters it didn't feel overstuffed which is amazing. And they absolutely nailed Spiderman. I wasn't ready for a reboot on that after they fucked it up so bad the last two go arounds but now I'm excited for that flick. And Black Panther was pretty good too.

Comment

• It was slow in the beginning but it really got awesome when things got picking up.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X