No announcement yet.

Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just hope we don't see another Unkle Ben death scene or any origin story with the new Spider-Man.
    In the Marvel world, Spider-Man should exist already.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
      I've read that they're looking at Marissa Tomei to be the new Aunt May in the new Spider-Man films. Are they serious? Aunt May is supposed to be a gentle, elderly woman. Marissa Tomei, despite being 50, is still a knockout. Hollywood's youth obsession is ridiculous.

It's almost like when that fake trailer came out of Megan Fox playing Mother Teresa. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to pull something like that off.
      I didn't like Diane Lane as Supermans mom in Man of Steel. Horrible casting
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Also I forgot to point out: the new Spider-Man is 18 or 19 years old in real life.
        Tomei, a young and better looking Aunt May, fits that IMO.
        What was Tobey, like 28 years old (in real life) when the first Spider Man came out?

Sounds like they are starting young. I'm sure once the Infinity Wars are over, Spider-Man will be a part of Marvel's next universe.

Tomei is a great actress too. At least they didn't hire crap like Sarah Jessica Parker... Or please keep the worst, Kristin Stewart, out of Marvel.
        Last edited by Cody_Russell; July 9, 2015, 09:22 AM.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Watched the movie Disconnect today and it was really damned good. I like Jason Bateman but this was a lot different then the rest of his stuff and it was excellent.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Mad Max was awesome! Really really well done! That's probably the best new movies I've seen all year. Wish I'd have seen it at Imax
            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I thought Diane Lane could have made a decent Martha Kent but the role was pretty weak.

Comment

• Dammit I need to see Mad Max.

Anyone see "Snowpiercer?" It was a weird, original I think, and good movie. 8/10 IMO
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• That snowpiercer got really great reviews from the metacritcs. I've never even heard of it before now but it looks interesting.
                  Last edited by jaadam4; July 14, 2015, 02:02 AM.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I noticed that too.

Just different, but maybe worth watching if you have Netflix.
                    The plot is unique even though it's another global warming movie. I'm kind of sick of those because there are a lot.
                    Good acting, good character development (how you see Chris Evans explained).
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I watched "Perks of being a wallflower" the other day. It's a few years old and I loved it. Kind of a teen'ish movie but set in the 90's which brought back a few memories even tho it's really subtle about the time frame.

Seriously a damned good movie with a lot going on. You can always tell the movies that come from good books.

9/10.. hell maybe even 10/10, it made me feel like i was in high school again
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                        I watched "Perks of being a wallflower" the other day. It's a few years old and I loved it. Kind of a teen'ish movie but set in the 90's which brought back a few memories even tho it's really subtle about the time frame.

Seriously a damned good movie with a lot going on. You can always tell the movies that come from good books.

9/10.. hell maybe even 10/10, it made me feel like i was in high school again
                        Read IMDB and reviews, now I want to see it. Not on Netflix I think, dang it.

I saw "Mr. Nobody" recently. There was SO MUCH in this movie, but not perfectly put together. Still I'd give it a 8/10.
                        If Christopher Nolan directed this in his 2007-2010 (The Prestige, The Dark Knight, Inception) prime, it might have been my favorite movie ever. Amazing plot IMO.
                        Also, Jared Leto was great. I honestly didn't know who Leto was before he won best supporting actor in 2013.
                        Leto is a great actor currently (Mr. Nobody, Dallas Buyers Club) and I think he can be an extremely good Joker.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I saw "Ant Man."
                          It's the most 7/10 movie you could ever have.
                          Entertaining, but the same old template for a modern day Marvel film.
                          Not saying it's a bad thing currently, but I think this template Marvel is going off of for most of it's movies could get boring soon.
                          Also I think some of the trailers spoiled good stuff... Which got me thinking that I need to avoid trailers for everything.

Again, 7/10. I thought this movie would be Marvel's worst a couple months ago, but it isn't.
                          It is still MUCH better than Thor 2 and Iron Man 2.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Mr. Nobody got really good reviews. Not sure how I missed that one. I'm downloading it now, will probably watch it tomorrow.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I watched Ant Man today. I liked it. Paul Rudd is good in almost everything.

Comment

• I agree about Paul Rudd. I was having a conversation about him not long ago. He's a really good actor. The only movie of his I didn't like in recent memory is Our Idiot Brother.

I was a little surprised to see him getting a role like this tho.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X