Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
    The Total Recall reboot would have been great as a stand alone movie but sucked compared to the original.
    I still haven't seen that movie, but I'm afraid it would anger me... The original was so classic and entertaining.

Colin Farrell is only good in "True Detective" and as a supporting actor in "The Minority Report."
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Honestly Total Recall wasn't great, it was a fresh take on the original story, bit yeah isn't anywhere close to the original. RoboCop was actually really good if ignore the original.

But both are examples of why to not remake classics. They are nearly the best case scenarios and still struggle to compare to their sources. Most of the time they are down right shitty. TCM and True Grit are about the only ones I can think of that have improved or matched their originals.

Comment

• Are you telling me you didn't like The Longest Yard ?

Lol
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• "The Last of the Mohicans" 1992, which is 10/10 really amazing, was a remake of a 1930s version.

But yea, generally remakes are worse/ bad... especially recently... and especially if Tim Burton directs it. Burton needs to stick to his own original ideas. Those are good movies.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Welcome to the forum Mattie! Solid first post! You should really spend time in the Ohio thread / forum
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I saw "Blade Runner" for the first time.
              REALLY good movie (9/10). I expected a dumb / fun 80s action movie like First Blood or Commando, but Blade Runner was the opposite.
              Smart, dark, weird, and that scene at the end with the character Roy... Wow. Well done, Ridley Scott. I think this is my 2nd favorite Scott movie (Gladiator).

People my age only know of the decent Michael Bay movie "The Island" that stole ideas from "Blade Runner." Last thought: Rachel in Blade Runner is HOT.
              Last edited by Cody_Russell; July 2, 2015, 08:01 AM.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Loved BR as a kid even though 60% went over my head. Has gotten better and better with every viewing since.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Anyone seeing the new Terminator?
                  I lost interest when I heard it's rated PG-13 and has Jai Courtney (terrible) in it.
                  Seriously, who would make a Terninator movie that is rated PG-13?! (Obviously, they want to make more $$$.... But that's terrible).
                  Also, I'm not a fan of Alan Taylor the director. Thor 2 is one of the worst Marvel movies.
                  Last edited by Cody_Russell; July 4, 2015, 01:52 PM. Reason: EDIT- Terminator Salvation was also PG-13 and not good.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• It looks horrible.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Looks like it's going to lose money.

Maybe if they made a good Rated R (good writing, directing, etc) version of Terminator, it would do better.
                      It is doing awful on Rotten Tomatoes
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• How do they keep bringing Arnold back? He's horrible now. Give it a rest.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Damn it Disney and their sequels/ prequels/ spinoffs (I guess everyone is doing it). I wonder if people will get sick of these eventually....

Han Solo to Get ‘Star Wars’ Standalone Film from ’21 Jump Street’ Directors
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Will it be like the Young Indiana Jones chronicles?
                            2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• I've read that they're looking at Marissa Tomei to be the new Aunt May in the new Spider-Man films. Are they serious? Aunt May is supposed to be a gentle, elderly woman. Marissa Tomei, despite being 50, is still a knockout. Hollywood's youth obsession is ridiculous.

It's almost like when that fake trailer came out of Megan Fox playing Mother Teresa. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to pull something like that off.

Comment

• Ehh. Id give them a pass on this. If it was still Sony I would think they had a screw loose. But even the most questionable Marvel moves have worked in their favor. But I do agree with it being on face value a terrible choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X