No announcement yet.

Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched several pretty decent movies over the last week.

This Is Where I Leave You - Jason Bateman and Tina Fey were part of a cast that had perfect chemistry. Good story, it flowed well and was really funny. 8/10

Boyhood - I've been living under a rock so this one was an unknown. When the movie ended I wasn't overly impressed until I read up on it. They shot the movie over 12 years of this kid growing up. That just made it for me. 8/10

Bad Words - Another Jason Bateman movie. I think Bateman is one of those under appreciated actors and he was awesome in this. He plays a mean SOB and he played it well. It was a damned funny comedy. 8/10
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• John Wick is on my list, I know Reeves is a robotic actor, but I still like his movies. Really want to see 'Nightcrawler' and 'Gone Girl'. Jake Gyllenhaal has turned into one of the top 5 actors right now imo. Was really good in Brothers, End of Watch, Source Code, Prisoners (was great!) - and Enemy was a crazy (cult like) movie.

Also looking forward to American Sniper and The Judge and James Franco has a ton of work comming up too. He needs to stop wasting his talent in garbage like The Interview and This is the End (though making money) those movies really suck.

Don Jon with Joseph Gordon-Levitt was really good and funny, though you might not want to watch it with your Wife or Girlfriend :-)
      Last edited by WingsFan; January 11, 2015, 02:01 AM.

Comment

• Yeah I forgot about Nightcrawler.. That was a really good movie! I never liked Jake Gyllenhaal when he was first coming up but he's been amazing the last handful of years. I downloaded Enemy but haven't watched it yet. Is it good?

Gone Girl was just nuts. Its so slow and methodical for the first hour then its just batshit crazy. I like Affleck but I'm not looking forward to seeing him as Batman. I just don't see it.

Don Jon was good and Joseph Gordon-Levitt is another actor that's been doing well progressing his career.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• When Gone Girl ended, it made me question everything haha.

Like you said, nuts. I really like it. It's a typically great David Fincher movie.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I've seen two movies recently, "American Sniper" and "Boyhood."

I thought "American Sniper" was good. I wish there was more to the story because it is a movie based on plot (unlike Boyhood), but the character Bradley Cooper played as ... and Cooper's performance as him was so inspiring. 8/10

"Boyhood"... This wasn't a typical movie. I felt like I lived another childhood in under 3 hours from age 5-18. I loved it. It's one of those movies that really hits you. It didn't need something to happen (like a twist) to hit me... just the movie as a whole. Wow.
            If this doesn't win best picture of the year in the Oscars, then I give up on Hollywood. 10/10

With that said, I'm sure some people won't like Boyhood because it's "boring" or "no plot." I disagree with that. This movie is life.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• jaadam, Enemy is a tricky dark movie that you might say WTF after its over. I need to see it again, even though Iget the gest. Without giving it away, can't really say much more than - seeing your real life double and meeting him and oh those spiders. lol

Comment

• I'm going to try and watch it this weekend.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• To anyone that saw "Kingsman" ... spoiler:

Best action scene in a movie ever? (The Church Scene... video is on this page)
                  http://twhiddlestom.tumblr.com/post/...s-scene-should
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I saw "Hot Tub Time Machine 2." .... cuz it is really the only movie out that I thought was worth seeing... not good.
                    I actually liked the 1st "Hot Tube Time Machine", but the sequel was just dumb. Not the dumb humor that is actually funny... this movie was just dumb.

3/10... only that high because Bianca Haase is hot.

I don't think there are any movies coming out in theaters in the spring. So bring on the summer movies! Avengers 2, Jurassic World, & more...
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Oscars was decent this year. I thought Ellen hosting last year was great... nothing wrong with NPH though.

A lot of deserving nominations... especially for Best Picture and Best Actor. Really the only thing I had a problem with was the selection for "best original music score." I thought this was Hanz Zimmer's best with "Interstellar" and feel like he was snubbed.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I wasn't overly impressed with Birdman as a complete picture. I thought the acting was great but I just didn't like it that much.

Did anyone else catch it?
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• "Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!"

The randomness which features a cast of:
                          Tara Reid, Frankie Muniz, David Hasselhoff, Mark Cuban, Jerry Springer, Ann Coulter, Michele Bachmann, Michelle Beadle (from ESPN), and Chris Kirkpatrick (singer from NSYNC).

and maybe more that I wouldn't know... lol I'll watch this movie.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                            I wasn't overly impressed with Birdman as a complete picture. I thought the acting was great but I just didn't like it that much.

Did anyone else catch it?
                            I've heard that from a few people. (Haven't seen it)
                            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Anybody else waaaaay more excited for Mad Max than any of this other stuff coming out?

Comment

• Nope, its high on my list. But the return to Jurassic Park with Jurassic World makes me feel like a kid again.

Comment

Working...
                                X