No announcement yet.

Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promising early reviews on the Hobbit, many saying a big improvement over part 1.

Comment

• New "Godzilla" movie coming out in May starting Walter White (Bryan Cranston)
      looks legit if you haven't seen the trailer, can't wait!
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
        Promising early reviews on the Hobbit, many saying a big improvement over part 1.
        It took me 3 tries of starting the Hobbit and then trying to stay awake during the movie which I finally accomplished yesterday. Once I got passed the first 1:30 of boring saga it turned into a decent movie.

I'm looking forward to Friday. I'm glad the early reviews sound promising.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• After a bumpy beginning with "An Unexpected Journey," Peter Jackson's "Hobbit" trilogy finds its footing in this much more exciting and purposeful second chapter.

Variety gave it a really good review. I'm definitely looking forward to see it.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Saw the Hobbit today.... Mmmehhhh.. It was alright. I might have to watch it again to see if I really liked it.

I have to be honest it's not grabbing me like the LOTR did.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I think Peter Jackson has done a good job considering he had to split the book into three "3-hour" movies.

But yea, not even close to LOTR. Imagine if he had to split The Fellowship of the Ring into 3 movies. That's like having one of the movies about the Mines of Moria for the entire movie lol.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• There's a lot of the LotR books they left out that they could have filled up more movies with...honestly, it probably would have been easier to split Fellowship up into three movies than the Hobbit.

Didn't they also say that most of the third Hobbit movie will bridge the gap between the Hobbit & LotR? I can't watch the Hobbit until February, so I DON'T KNOW. :x
                2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• But still, there is no way any of the three "The Fellowship of the Ring" movies (if they made three) would be better than the one they actually made.
                  There is a reason the author made it into one book.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I've seen so many commercials for "Tyler Perry's A Madea Christmas", yet it looks like nobody saw it considering the number of reviews it has on IMDB.

AND LOL, a 2.6 rating...
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                      Here's a direct Amazon link that will also give the Lions Forum a commission:

Amazon.com: Best of Warner Bros 50 Film Collection (+UltraViolet Digital Copy) [Blu-ray]: Various: Movies & TV

Top, are ALL of the movies on disc? Or only some, while the others are via download? I'm considering this as a gift for my Dad who lives in the sticks without high speed internet.

Thanks
                      Deb crap I barely look back here (and I need to more often). It's all on discs. The UV stuff is an added bonus for the lazy. I mean who wants to dig through 50 discs?

Comment

• Haha, no problem, Top. Thanks for the follow up.
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                          I've seen so many commercials for "Tyler Perry's A Madea Christmas", yet it looks like nobody saw it considering the number of reviews it has on IMDB.

AND LOL, a 2.6 rating...
                          Crickets
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Just finally got around to watching World War Z. I have to say 3 things about it.

1. I probably would have seen it in the theaters and might have liked it more if they didn't name it World War Z (since very little was culled from the book) and if they didn't call them Zombies.
                            2. It suffers from the I can do anything with CGI now problems that most big budget movies suffer from. Directors are having a really hard time now keeping themselves in check because if they can't do it naturally they can just throw a couple of server farms at it.
                            3. The solution was probably the most horribly thought out solution of all thought out solutions to ever be used.

All in all its a half way decent brainless action movie but that's about it.

Comment

• I've decided to go see "Her" this weekend. I've heard to many great things about that movie.
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• American Hustle and Gravity lead this year’s Oscar nominations with 10 nods each, followed closely behind by 12 Years a Slave. Amid some of the more obvious picks—Jennifer Lawrence, Amy Adams, Chiwetel Ejiofor, and Alfonso Cuar?n all heard their names called for their respective categories this morning—were some more unexpected snubs and nods. Inside Llewyn Davis was shut out of all the major categories, earning just two nominations for cinematography and sound mixing, while dark horse Philomena picked up several, including one for Best Picture.* You can see the full list of nominees below.

Best Picture
                                American Hustle
                                Captain Phillips
                                Dallas Buyers Club
                                Gravity
                                Her
                                Nebraska
                                Philomena
                                12 Years a Slave
                                The Wolf of Wall Street

Best Actress
                                Amy Adams, American Hustle
                                Cate Blanchett, Blue Jasmine
                                Sandra Bullock, Gravity
                                Judi Dench, Philomena
                                Meryl Streep, August: Osage County

Best Actor
                                Christian Bale, American HustleBruce Dern, Nebraska
                                Leonardo DiCaprio, The Wolf of Wall Street
                                Chiwetel Ejiofor, 12 Years a Slave
                                Matthew McConaughey, Dallas Buyers Club

Best Supporting Actress
                                Julia Roberts, August: Osage County
                                Sally Hawkins, Blue Jasmine
                                Jennifer Lawrence, American HustleLupita Nyong'o, 12 Years a Slave
                                June Squibb, Nebraska

Best Supporting Actor
                                Barkhad Abdi, Captain Phillips
                                Bradley Cooper, American Hustle
                                Michael Fassbender, 12 Years a Slave
                                Jonah Hill, The Wolf of Wall Street
                                Jared Leto, Dallas Buyers Club

Best Director
                                David O. Russell, American Hustle
                                Alfonso Cuar?n, Gravity
                                Alexander Payne, Nebraska
                                Steve McQueen, 12 Years a Slave
                                Martin Scorsese, The Wolf of Wall Street

Best Original Screenplay
                                Eric Warren Singer and David O. Russell, American Hustle
                                Woody Allen, Blue Jasmine
                                Craig Borten and Melisa Wallack, Dallas Buyers Club
                                Spike Jonze, Her

Best Adapted Screenplay
                                Richard Linklater, Julie Delpy, Ethan Hawke, Before Midnight
                                Billy Ray, Captain Phillips
                                Steve Coogan and Jeff Pope, Philomena
                                John Ridley, 12 Years a Slave
                                Terence Winter, The Wolf of Wall Street
                                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

Working...
                                X