No announcement yet.

Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look Gonz!! Don't you judge me! I'm in beautiful South Africa right now and I'm quite enjoying civilization rather than the everyday sights of starvation and ungodly amounts of heat from living in North Africa.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• 10 years old, that's awesome, Gonz. Time flies, doesn't it?

My nephew turns 14 on New Years Eve, and the kid is 6'2" and enjoys pointing out out how much bigger he is than me.

(I'm 6'0")

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
        Look Gonz!! Don't you judge me! I'm in beautiful South Africa right now and I'm quite enjoying civilization rather than the everyday sights of starvation and ungodly amounts of heat from living in North Africa.
        <Seinfeld style> No judging. Not judging!

You do you, bro.
        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
          10 years old, that's awesome, Gonz. Time flies, doesn't it?

My nephew turns 14 on New Years Eve, and the kid is 6'2" and enjoys pointing out out how much bigger he is than me.

(I'm 6'0")
          Right?

A crazy decade gone by.....
          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Going to watch 'The Conjuring' tonight, has got some high reviews. Though I just seen its 'Based on true events' - ugh - Calling BS already! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post

Top, are ALL of the movies on disc? Or only some, while the others are via download? I'm considering this as a gift for my Dad who lives in the sticks without high speed internet.

Thanks
              I opted for this for my Dad instead. He's going to LOVE it.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002PQ7JQK/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957& creativeASIN=B002PQ7JQK&linkCode=as2&tag=detroitli onsf-20"]Amazon.com: Star Trek: The Complete Original Series (Seasons 1-3) [Blu-ray]: William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelley, James Doohan: Movies & TV@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BB-R3TjGL.@@AMEPARAM@@51%2BB-R3TjGL[/ame]
              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                Going to watch 'The Conjuring' tonight, has got some high reviews. Though I just seen its 'Based on true events' - ugh - Calling BS already! lol
                Actually, what happened in the movie is pretty close to what actually happened in real life.
                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Note: may have SPOILER## below :-)

As much I figured.

Watered down Hollywood crap, not only was it ignorant, it was also an excuse for greed, not to mention pride (after all the young accusers received A LOT of attention). What better way to be able to buy a neighbor's land for an inexpensive price than to accuse the neighbor of being a "witch" and live there for over 10 years?

The film was somewhat based on con man- Warren's investigation, but the director took a lot of creative liberty. So the movie was fictionalized. The third account are the books written by one of the daughters who lived in the house, and her name is Andrea Perron.

None of the family's stories matched each others. the "footage" that they were supposed to produce - was "lost".. I mean seriously? For people who believe in a "ghost" story, are usually the ones that get suckered into ANY story. Works for religion, romances, racism and politics. All a person has to do is use those 2 words: "True Story".. and there you have it..

Now I care care less, if it was a good movie, and it was terrible.
                  Last edited by WingsFan; November 26, 2013, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• So I have to catch up. Since I'm in civilization for a few I've been hitting the movies as often as possible.

Capitan Phillips was pretty good. Of course Tom Hanks is going to be great in anything but this one was pretty cool for me. I was working on a base in North Africa that Phillips got sent to before he was evac'd home back when all of that happened. I was there at the time and thought it was pretty cool.

The movie was spot on with the pirates. They hired Somali refugees that were living in America but everything they did on screen was exactly how the Somalis act. Everything down to how they chewed Khat (drugs) and smoked their cigarettes were exactly what I see on a daily basis. It was great attention to detail. Definitely worth a watch.

About Time - I wasn't sure what I was going to see with this one. I really just dropped in not knowing anything about the movie and I'm damn glad I did. The cast was superb and the storyline was great. Time travel has been done a thousand times but this was fresh and really well done. It's a movie that I'll probably buy.

Thor - I really like what they're doing with all these comic book movies. I liked the first one and I like this as well. It has a very good cast, good story and they have a way of keeping things light at times. I won't give anything away but Renne Russo played a few really good scenes that surprised the shit out of me. She literally kicked ass. I look forward to the next one.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The trailer for the new Spider Man 2 movie looks good. I'm in the camp that they should have waited much longer before reintroducing a new Spider Man and I thought Tobey Maguire was a better Peter Parker but this looks promising.

Comment

• I still haven't made it through the last one that was released. It was boring
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• So there's actually a new spiderman 2? WTF?!
                          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I refused to see the Jack Reacher movie. I have read most of the Reacher books, and Jack is something like 6'5 240 lbs. He is a fucking machine, that destroys everything with blunt force trauma. Tom Cruise is what? 5'2? 110lbs? That guy isnt Jack Reacher, that guy is a frickin hobbit. Jack Reacher could use him as a toothpick.

I am not going to see that movie.
                            AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                            2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                            3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                            4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                            5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                            6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                            7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Originally posted by Islair View Post
                              That guy isnt Jack Reacher, that guy is a frickin hobbit.
                              LOL.. Ok that's funny.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Finally watched Gatsby... It had the perfect cast, followed the book rather well and went big.....

but it still couldn't live up to it's billing. This is why they should leave the literary greats alone.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X